The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Masculine Operators

DorneliosV

Beards? Look at Operators hairline! Imagine how teenager “beard” would look in this game engine...

Come to think of it, aside from Smokesfinger, does any NPC have facial hair?

As for physical age... I would say that Operators are on the verge of puberty.

Edited by rand0mname

i want some non-"emo" styles...

i mean yes i will still likely use something short and spikey colored excessively bright green with darker green tips.... but still..

There are some REAL concerns with having underage characters in videogames, particular given the situation that the operators are in. It bugs me personally tbh and really gives off creepy vibes. i really do think the operators would be better if they were older and quite frankly with the "make it up as we go" mentality of DEs lore department i see no reason they cannot give us older operators.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rand0mname said:

Beards? Look at Operators hairline! Imagine how teenager “beard” would look in this game engine...

Come to think of it, aside from Smokesfinger, does any NPC have facial hair?

As for physical age... I would say that Operators are on the verge of puberty.

The ladies have something of a small bust, so they're a ways into puberty, so I'd say 14-15 years of age or there abouts.  I'd prefer to age them up though, given the situation they find themselves in.  Mind, their older models were less physically developed, so they have kind of "aged up" in a sense, which is appropriate, considering the Second Dream released a little over three years ago when our operators would have been 11-12.  Though I'd rather not wait three more for another "age up," ja?

• Like 1

Tbh for operators I'd like a couple of things: 

- a bit more in dept face customisation 

- 2-3 body types per gender

- a severe animation pass that makes them move not like arthritic chimps

I'm all for more customisation, even male heck, because currently the only good customisations you have are for females mostly. 

Or you could stop nitpicking at the gender neutral options and be grateful that warframe doesn't force you to play as a steve. Or stop obsessing over the size of your space child oc's private parts. Or accept that hairstyles don't have innate gender and that your magical ninja kid doesn't need to look like a late twenties stubble faced dudebro. Accept the magical space androgyny or go back to playing COD.

11 minutes ago, Vorox4 said:

Or you could stop nitpicking at the gender neutral options and be grateful that warframe doesn't force you to play as a steve. Or stop obsessing over the size of your space child oc's private parts. Or accept that hairstyles don't have innate gender and that your magical ninja kid doesn't need to look like a late twenties stubble faced dudebro. Accept the magical space androgyny or go back to playing COD.

Mmm... nah.  I'd appreciate an adult operator.

• Like 1

A lot of the main theme of warframe's story is the operator's expiriences on the zariman and relationship with space mom, and while those could be done with an adult character model, I think that might detract from it somewhat. However, I'm not against adult operators, I just don't want people to think that only kids can present in an androgynous way.

1 hour ago, Vorox4 said:

A lot of the main theme of warframe's story is the operator's expiriences on the zariman and relationship with space mom, and while those could be done with an adult character model, I think that might detract from it somewhat. However, I'm not against adult operators, I just don't want people to think that only kids can present in an androgynous way.

Oh, if that's what you're after, then hopefully like with our face sliders - which are kinda weird but I like my operator's face so meh - then a slider between male and female forms might be a preference worth pushing, rather than straight up picking faces and the male or female body is selected based on the primary face?  Believe it or not, this isn't a new concept to gaming.  Saints Row 2 had an actual slider for choosing your sex.  It also had a kick ass wardrobe system.  Unfortunately the game did not age well at all and looks like complete ass (while SR3 and 4 aged phenomenally but are far more restrictive in customization.)

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

More options don't hurt anyone - I am all for more options for the characters/Operators. (Unfortunately, from practical standpoint, it involves more work, which is why we don't have it yet).

To me, I'd prefer if faces were removed from specific bodies - ie. I like one face, but it's attached to male body automatically & I'd like to use it with a character that's intended to be a female - quite honestly, some combinations of 'male' faces look better than what we have for female faces.

Also, as long as said 'male' hair continue to be useable regardless of gender, I'm good. I've wanted short hair option that doesn't look emo for quite a while, long hair just don't cut it for me. Was happy to see the new hairdo they showed on Friday devstream for this reason. DE, take my plat and give me these awesome tomboyish spikes, o-em-gee.

• Like 1

On 2019-03-11 at 6:09 PM, Rin-senpai said:

>kids
>masculine
make sense

Heh, they are the same height as Cetus adults and taller than some, so they mine as well be adults by now. My operator should be grown and ripped from all the combat and time passed since his emaciated sleep.

They honestly look 13-15 to me. Also when I first made my character I made them male, and mine looked pretty masculine for the age of 13-15. Women reach the height of adults around 14 to 15 years old though men mature slower so they are going to look not as masculine around the age of 13-15. Of course, it's an exception for some people, but the majority from what I have seen teenagers don't look like adults obviously.

It's pretty easy to make them look male so I don't see the problem.

On 2019-03-12 at 1:45 AM, o0Despair0o said:

Jokes on you, my beard started growing quite fast when I was 12.

I'm not even kidding.

But really, Operators need an overhaul. You can barely tell their gender lol.

in todays weird PC culture I wouldnt be surprised if they just left out the masculine side of things, "men" seem to be getting phased out of everything these days, probably why the operators here are left as androgynous teens, cant get grief from any particular PC culture group with a personal agenda to voice..

18 hours ago, Vorox4 said:

Just because you're okay with a lack of options that still cater to your preferences doesn't mean that DE shouldn't strive to add more options for people who want to personalize their character. I really don't think androgyny is a prevailing aesthetic in warframe, and I really don't think adding more customization options for what seems like will be an enormous part of the game is a bad idea. I get that a lot of people share varying degrees of disdain for the sentiment of traditional male inclusivity, but that doesn't make their complaints/requests any less valid. There's a dash of ad hominem and personal attacks in that post of yours and that's not at all conducive to figuring these kinds of problems out

• Like 2

On 2019-03-11 at 5:58 PM, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Yes. We need better hair and better faces.

I want my space gremling to be a dude so badly. Only reason I spent 25p on the new female hair is because I actually found a face that doesn't make my female operator look like a burnt chicken nugget on a stick.

This is an old picture of my operator, they look different now, but you can definitely make good faces if you care to try, plus there are plenty of non-thicc women out there, so I'd like to think that they're at least 20 (which is more believable now with the new body types, accessories/clothing, and hair styles.)

DDF32E46C4FFAA670815560B256384C1119A024C

Edited by Imahealer1x
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Imahealer1x said:

This is an old picture of my operator, they look different now, but you can definitely make good faces if you care to try, plus there are plenty of non-thicc women out there, so I'd like to think that they're at least 20 (which is more believable now with the new body types, accessories/clothing, and hair styles.)

DDF32E46C4FFAA670815560B256384C1119A024C

Pretty, what faces are those?

3 hours ago, Chaemyerelis said:

Pretty, what faces are those?

I'm not sure what I used, I'm used to character creators that use face blend, all I can say is try mixing a face you like with one you strait up don't, you can usually be surprised by the results. I might say what I'm using right now when I get home, but I've never told anyone because I don't want to see a bunch people looking like my character running around.

Edited by Imahealer1x

3 minutes ago, Imahealer1x said:

I'm not sure what I used, I'm used to character creators that use face blend, all I can say is try mixing a face you like with one you strait up don't, you can usually be surprised by the results. I might say what I'm using right now when I get home, but I've never told anyone because I don't want to see a bunch people looking like my character running around.

True, true, its always good make a nice character and keep it unique to everyone else. 👍🏼

I want a scar over one of the eyes. That will be a milk-white, dead eye. Bad look coming from the other, an Orokin sign burned in the skin on the side of the neck, and a piece of scalp missing for some bio-circuitry.

This boy seen it all. 

And I want that!   

• 1 month later...