Jump to content
CrazyDarkSonic

Wild Frenzy - New Grakata Mod Info and Build

Recommended Posts

Finally got the Wild Frenzy mod and did some testing to share.

First things to note:

I tested with the mod unranked, I not sure I wanna max it, the mod don't says if you get more ammo with higher ranks(apparently not) and 200% fire rate is already enough.
I don't think it's a good idea to max this, since I can't get another one for now.

The secondary fire don't let you aim with your RMB, so no zoom, also I don't think it works with Argon Scope.
I tested using Critical Delay, Point Strike and Argon Scope, I can get a few oranges crits with the primary fire, but none with the secondary while holding aim.
It procs, but no buff, you still can get the first hit a orange crit if you start the secondary fire holding RMB.

The secondary fire can be canceled with roll, abilities and enemy stagger/stun.

The Ammo refund mechanic, the way it works is that on the 2 or more kills, it will reload a free magazine, it don't add more in your ammo maximum.
You also don't need to use the secondary from full mag, if you give a few shots and kill 2 with what's left, the 2º fire still gives you a full free mag.
The bad thing is that damage over time don't count on the kills for the refund, I used  magazine cap mods to get bleed kills while shoting the secondary, maybe other elements count? Not sure.

The recoil, so I used fire rate mods + wild frezy to get an idea how it feels with 400%, and.. yeah you may need a -recoil% mod on this, I think it's better to use a riven to get the stat as a bonus.
Maybe using the mod at max rank is different from adding fire rate, also if you plan to max it, Vile Precision may be actually useful here, or just use Stabilizer, your choice.
The primary shot seems to have more recoil than the secondary(unranked).

Other idea is to use magazine cap mods, a max Tainted Mag with 3 secs reload looks good enough for me, a longer time to get kills and the ammo back.

Mod Rank STATS:
Rank     Fire R.    Kills     Cost
0           200%      2         4
1           220%      2         5
2           250%      2         6
3           290%      2         7
4           330%      2         8
5           400%      2         9

MAJOR BUG:
At first I thought it was only in the simulacrum, but if you cancel a few times or get stopped on the secondary shot, it will no longer refund ammo on kills and it's not because of DOT kills.
You can shoot and then do the 2º, but DO NOT get the secondary canceled or the refund may stop working. DE should fix this.

Conclusion:
I like the idea of the mod, but it's not really safe for ammo conservation to the point to use it without a carrier AND its currently BUGGED.
Also the secondary itself is just the primary with a weird Ammo Mutation, you just giving up a mod slot for more ammo(same thing as using a better mutation mod).
So... kinda meh.

The video show my build with riven, 400% fire rate and just messing around.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow, you must of found a lot of fugitives to make it to rank 14 without requiring the 5 sorties.

At least 10k worth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thats...  some dedication to have gotten it already Haha. I have done every single challenge up to this point and even if I complete the 5 sortie challenge I'd be about 3k away from getting it. The fact you have it when its physically impossible to have done the sortie challenge right now is impressive go say the least.

Though to be fair to this mod, that's pretty much what I expected. That if you arent coming to this mod for a more dakka approach, you probably would be better off. I for one cant wait to slap this on max strength harrow with ever fire rate mod I can find. The fact having a lower rank can actually be more beneficial is hilarious.

Or crash my PC with the sheer number of bleed procs on garuda.

Edited by Annnoth
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, CrazyDarkSonic said:

200% fire rate is already enough.

HERESY! there's no such thing as too much RoF. you must beg for forgiveness at the altar of almighty Clem, lest your soul be condemned to the slow, single-shot realms of hell!

in all seriousness, it's really more for the memes. i don't usually meme build, but when I get this mod, I'm going to make a B config on my Prisma Grakata and just put on Fire rate mods with this: see how long it takes to kill a level 150 Heavy Gunner. all just for fun of course.

I hope we get another mod like this for Twin Grakatas, so we can truly become closer to our saviour of Dakka.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CrazyDarkSonic said:

Nope.

Prisma? Logic tells me no but I'm really curious since I still have to wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Annnoth said:

Prisma? Logic tells me no but I'm really curious since I still have to wait.

Hum... in the video I'm using the Prisma Grakata. So... yes?🤔

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CrazyDarkSonic said:

Hum... in the video I'm using the Prisma Grakata. So... yes?🤔

I'll admit I didnt think to check that since I'm used to the augments I can think of being variant exclusive. Woops haha

Edited by Annnoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got mine today, I already have a Gratata Riven so was pretty excited to check it out, the recoil is silliness, I'll probably never use it again, it feels more like a gimmick opposed to a useful mod, tiz a shame, something like 400% reload speed could've been practical, anything really, oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-03-11 at 11:53 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

HERESY! there's no such thing as too much RoF. you must beg for forgiveness at the altar of almighty Clem, lest your soul be condemned to the slow, single-shot realms of hell!

in all seriousness, it's really more for the memes. i don't usually meme build, but when I get this mod, I'm going to make a B config on my Prisma Grakata and just put on Fire rate mods with this: see how long it takes to kill a level 150 Heavy Gunner. all just for fun of course.

 I hope we get another mod like this for Twin Grakatas, so we can truly become closer to our saviour of Dakka.

Without this mod with my configuration it can kill a 145 heavy gunner in  less than half second(though prisma twin gremlin is faster) , with this mod it can kill it practically instantly if  you are able to aim its head and emptying a whole magazine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sadly despite being described as "shoots until magazine is empty"

if you are corrupted, and press m2, the gun will only shoot bullets equal to your maximum magazine size instead of infinitely firing forever 😢

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -AstralDawn- said:

Wikia said fire rate mod no effect secondary 

really?

Yes. I had tested it with every single fire rate mod + harrows buff then did it again with both negative fire rate mods.

Same fire rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -AstralDawn- said:

Wikia said fire rate mod no effect secondary 

really?

Well... this mod is pointless then... just like that, something that looked interesting, is useless... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Well... this mod is pointless then... just like that, something that looked interesting, is useless... 

I'd argue the opposite. Past 1 mod having more fire rate comes at a bigger cost to dps. With this you can actually use negative mods for some benefit if you choose or just build it normally.

400% is more than enough for practical use and anything more without magazine capacity and it would actually be useless. I'd love it if you could for sheer hilarity but my grakata would be so bad if I put more than wild frenzy in it hah.

For reference on the prisma grakata you have 1.4 seconds to control the recoil and get 2 kills for the refund. On the normal grakata that gives you .7 seconds.

Edited by Annnoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Annnoth said:

I'd argue the opposite. Past 1 mod having more fire rate comes at a bigger cost to dps. With this you can actually use negative mods for some benefit if you choose or just build it normally.

400% is more than enough for practical use and anything more without magazine capacity and it would actually be useless. I'd love it if you could for sheer hilarity but my grakata would be so bad if I put more than wild frenzy in it hah.

NVM, for some reason (probably sleep deprivation) when people said "fire rate" I read "recoil reduction"... I need a coffee...

Edited by Carnage2K4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

NVM, for some reason (probably sleep deprivation) when people said "fire rate" I read "recoil reduction"... I need a coffee...

Lmao I feel ya. I was 1 second away from sending a very confused response worrying I exhaustedly mistook something haha. Sleeps a pain sometimes.

Edited by Annnoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Annnoth said:

Lmao I feel ya. I was 1 second away from sending a very confused response worrying I exhaustedly mistook something haha. Sleeps a pain sometimes.

I was in the middle of buying a Riven with -109% recoil, bought it anyway even with my mis-reading, happy to say at 400% fire rate, it has zero recoil, solid as a rock.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Carnage2K4 said:

I was in the middle of buying a Riven with -109% recoil, bought it anyway even with my mis-reading, happy to say at 400% fire rate, it has zero recoil, solid as a rock.

Oh that sounds juicy. Must be nice knowing whether it was you who turned that room into swiss cheese or a team mate cause you're undergoing an earthquake localized entirely under your monitor.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Annnoth said:

Oh that sounds juicy. Must be nice knowing whether it was you who turned that room into swiss cheese or a team mate cause you're undergoing an earthquake localized entirely under your monitor.

Only issue is that you get pushed out of Iron Sights using secondary, so mods like Guided Ordnance and Argon Scope will not work.
No forma on my Prisma Grakata yet, I'm sure it will be fun after I put 4 or 5 into it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...