Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wild Frenzy - New Grakata Mod Info and Build

CrazyDarkSonic

46 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Well... this mod is pointless then... just like that, something that looked interesting, is useless... 

it's actually very useful after testing on a few missions.

with it you completely negate the grakatas biggest downside of "terrible ammo economy due to absurd firerate".

It basically changes playstyle in a very interesting but satisfying way.

If there's more than one guy on your screen, then you m2 and clear, ammo refunded.

If there's only one guy, you tapfire them down and usually break even as a result.

ammo economy fixed.

If you've avoided using the grakata because ammo economy, or felt that ammo mutators were mandatory to use this gun, then those can actually be taken off in favor of running this mod which both fixes economy and adds firepower

4 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

it's actually very useful after testing on a few missions.

28 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

NVM, for some reason (probably sleep deprivation) when people said "fire rate" I read "recoil reduction"... I need a coffee...

5 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Only issue is that you get pushed out of Iron Sights using secondary, so mods like Guided Ordnance and Argon Scope will not work.
No forma on my Prisma Grakata yet, I'm sure it will be fun after I put 4 or 5 into it.

Yeah that sucks but at least there are still some good mods you can fit. I can only fit one more on top of my crit and elements so I'm constantly debating punchthrough or magazine size. Even with the slower reload the 60% increased mag for a total of 192 shots is delicious hah.

Don't waste your time, this mod is pretty useless and i am using the P. Grakata with 6 forma for a while. It can have a niche use as smart bomb against some strong enemies but it's impossible to kill more than 2 at high levels.BTW with this mod  it's the faster weapon to kill a145 Corrupted gunner in 0.3,0.4 seconds, if you stay in front of it....

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 1

I'm BACK! ....lol, I'll just leave a TL;DR in the spoiler

Spoiler

What happened: did the video, posted, then 1 night later, got automatic banned, then ticket, then got lifted, apparently it was a possible memory/software error that triggered the auto ban. I don't know what was but I hope it wasn't the Relive that I used to record the video.

ANYWAY, I'm bumping the thread to say I got my hands with the other new mod, Bursting Mass for Mutalist Quanta, I'll be testing and attempt to make another video, hope nothing goes wrong this time.

Thanks to anyone that cared about and the DE staff for resolving my unfortunate problems.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Benour said:

I actually like this mod its fun, it feels great, good ammo economy, with riven lots od dps. More dakka what not to like?

For ammo economy what? If you speak about start chart and some sortie mission you will never run out of ammo with this weapon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tenno,

I wanted to share a bit of a background design change that will happen with this Mod, namely that the ammo refund will scale with the ranking. As mentioned in the OP here, there is little reason to rank up the Mod, as it keeps the fire rate low, and still refunds all of the ammo. Pablo has reviewed reactions to this and feels that it's wrong to have unranked Mods being better than Ranked, so we are going to change this. 

To keep this in line with other Mods, that ammo refund will now scale with the rank, meaning that you will get the full usage of the Mod when it is leveled. You should see this change in a coming hotfix, but we wanted to give you a heads up since you’ve put work into the research here and to let you know it is changing. 

As for the other issues you have found, we will be looking at the bugs you have pointed out. Thanks for the build info!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Tenno,

I wanted to share a bit of a background design change that will happen with this Mod, namely that the ammo refund will scale with the ranking. As mentioned in the OP here, there is little reason to rank up the Mod, as it keeps the fire rate low, and still refunds all of the ammo. Pablo has reviewed reactions to this and feels that it's wrong to have unranked Mods being better than Ranked, so we are going to change this. 

To keep this in line with other Mods, that ammo refund will now scale with the rank, meaning that you will get the full usage of the Mod when it is leveled. You should see this change in a coming hotfix, but we wanted to give you a heads up since you’ve put work into the research here and to let you know it is changing. 

As for the other issues you have found, we will be looking at the bugs you have pointed out. Thanks for the build info!

Thanks for the update. Any chance you can make alt-fire a toggle in the options for consoles? It would help greatly for wild frenzy and the pandero.

46 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Tenno,

Was hoping that instead of this, the mod would also give reload speed instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Tenno,

Any chance for the mod to stack with base fire rate mods? 

Or maybe make it +800 fire rate because +400 feels like not enough dakka.

3 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Tenno,

Thank you, getting info directly from DE makes me think it was worth it making all those threads about the new mods. Glad I could help.

I'm a little worried about the change though, if you make the refund works at full with the mod max ranked, that means the 400% fire rate will also be attached to that full refund, in other words, you get the ammo full but will have less time to get kills(unless you add mag cap mods or something), maybe you want to make it more risk reward? Anyway, just saying...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrazyDarkSonic said:

Thank you, getting info directly from DE makes me think it was worth it making all those threads about the new mods. Glad I could help.

I'm a little worried about the change though, if you make the refund works at full with the mod max ranked, that means the 400% fire rate will also be attached to that full refund, in other words, you get the ammo full but will have less time to get kills(unless you add mag cap mods or something), maybe you want to make it more risk reward? Anyway, just saying...

Save alt-fire for clusters of enemies, then rip through them with punch-through. Last thing alt-fire needs is to be the one-true-way of using the weapon just because of one mod being equipped.

On 2019-03-26 at 7:53 PM, [DE]Bear said:

As mentioned in the OP here, there is little reason to rank up the Mod, as it keeps the fire rate low, and still refunds all of the ammo. Pablo has reviewed reactions to this and feels that it's wrong to have unranked Mods being better than Ranked, so we are going to change this.

Hmm hmm, this is an excellent point. So can we therefore get focus skills changed so that they don't increase energy costs as you rank them up? How it is at the moment is exactly the same situation as old Wild Frenzy. Unranked is better than ranked. Can you please change this?

Before nerfing it was a gamble - you expend full magazine and if you kill 2 enemies you have your reward. Now unranked mod is actually worse than no mod at all. It takes slot, capacity and absolutely unusable as it doesn't reward you for using it. From other side a fully ranked mod makes Grakata absolutely uncontrollable and using it isn't really fun anymore. Maybe with Prisma Grakata and Stabilizer it would work better, but was it really necessary to nerf this fun gimmick to such level that it requires another mod and relatively high level weapon to make use of it?

• 1 month later...
On 2019-03-26 at 8:53 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Tenno,

Please consider letting other fire rate mods affect the secondary fire rate. The mod is mostly just for fun without recoil reduction.

Make it funnier-for those who want to shoot at insane rate, and make it more useful-for those who want lower fire rate to negate the recoil, have better control, use ammo more efficiently and kill more enemies with the alt mode.

I would think that you don't want it when we build a normal grakata, we must consider carefully the fire rate if the fire rate interacts with the alt mode. Wild Frenzy is a gimmick for a second of fun, ideally another reason for us to take grakatas with us into missions. We should shoot with main mode, and from time to time we use the alt mode to kill tougher enemies. But... if we ever want to mod fire rate on a grakata- either make it higher or lower, it means we want to change it to a desirable level instead of the default one. Similarly, why shouldn´t we be able to change the rate on the alt mode? After all, all the fire rate mods, compared to the scale from Wild Frenzy, is way less influential to the alt fire rate (unless you purely build for fire rate for all the 8 slots, most of time we use only 1-2 fire rate mods on a build, which is almost nothing against the 400% of Wild Frenzy) But when we do want to make a difference, -72% or +150% fire rate on main build would also do change the feeling for the alt fire rate. 

There are a lot of mods to increase fire rate while very few which decrease fire rate. When other fire rate mods affect the secondary fire rate, compared to the  maxed +400% from Wild Frenzy, it seems that it would be much more effective and easier when you build alt fire into an insane laser burster than a slower but stabler attack rifle. Nevertheless, without a riven you can reduce up to 72% fire rate. 400%-72%=328%, basically a rank 4 Wild Frenzy but returns 100% ammo (and also benefits from increased cc and reduced recoil from the two fire rate reducing mods). This reduction will become more effective the lower rank Wild Frenzy is. At rank 0: 200%-72%=128% and returns 25% ammo, sounds nice right?  With rivens, there would be even more possibilities. But I admit.. who wants to lower fire rate on a grakata anyways? So, let us increase it- with Wild Frenzy and other fire rate mods including rivens, we can make it up to more than +800%, why not ? 

Fixed alt fire rate sounds arbitrary, considering that one can have only one Wild Frenzy for free, either they have to live with one fixed alt fire rate for good, either they must purchase more Wild Frenzy to use alt fire at different rate. And for those who want to go crazy, +400% is surely not enough.

In this way, unless technically impossible, I don't really see a reason to not allow this, it is even not explicitly written on Wild Frenzy's description- why shouldn't the change in fire rate work as expected ?