Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe and GeForce Experience

Avian117

Question

Okay, so I’ve recently installed a new hard drive in to my rig and have also reinstalled all of the most recent driver updates for my Nvidia 970 graphics card along with GeForce experience. I then reinstalled Warframe and went to optimize its settings through GeForce but GeForce is not recognizing Warframes settings. So I open the game, mess with its settings and nothing changes. I uninstall and reinstalled the game and GeForce and still the same result. I refresh my entire computer and still the same result. Now GeForce works fine with my other games so I have no idea what else to do to try and fix this. If anyone has a suggestion, please post it below. 

8 answers to this question

Well the program itself isn’t causing me any issues (outside of the one stated above) as I’ve used it before with no problems up until now. I just like it as a piece of mind for my games as it makes adjusting they’re settings according to my graphics card and rig easier. Also, what’s this about not updating drivers? 

Edited by Avian117

I use geforce experience for keeping drivers up to date. I have never used it for game settings and never will and now that more software supports NV streaming codec it isnt even needed for shadow play streaming goodness.

I presume this isn't a new card since the 970 was released half a decade ago. As a heads up, used cards are squiffy at best. I spent like 2 days trying to chase down a "driver" problem with a used card my nephew bought, and eventually broke down and called their support. Surprisingly, an Nvidia rep remoted into the machine and did some magic and now his card recognizes everything. Give them a call, you may be surprised at what they'll do even if it isn't current gen.

I would suggest against letting GeForce "optimize" your game. The game does that on its own through the launcher (which will tell you when you should). You might want to make sure your Geforce drivers aren't forcing additional settings onto the game and just set them in-game instead. Go to the NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL, and under 3D Settings, under Adjust Image Settings with Preview, just set Let The 3D Application Decide. Then just set your settings in-game.

Beyond that, you can start the launcher via steam or get the non-steam launcher and just use it. No need for GeForce Experience.

Edited by Salenstormwing

I use GeForce and once let it optimise the settings for Warframe.. never again.. it doesnt optimise the game for game play.  Just use it to update drivers and manually control setting ingame.. especially with all the new SFX and video changes within Warframe.. I now set to the best for my game experience, highest qual with lowest FPS, take a screenshot and play..

@M3tallius Thank you for your suggestion. My computer was a prebuilt one from Best Buy and I’ve been upgrading its systems over time. The only parts that are from that original build is the case and the graphics card. I’ve never tried contacting Nvidia like that before as I can usually find the issue on other forums. Thanks for your suggestion as it actually pertains to my issue. 

Edited by Avian117