Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your 5 Favorite/Least Favorite Prime Warframe Designs

-Vahagn-

What is your 5 favorite and least favorite Prime Warframe designs?

Here are some of mine:

Favorite:

- Valkyr Prime: Some people do not like the halo, but I personally think it looks great. I also really like her design overall. 

- Chroma Prime: Looks to me like a Dragon Knight, and those are my two favorite things. 

- Trinity Prime: I really like the glowing effects and I find her helmet to be really cool looking. 

- Limbo Prime: Pulls off the magician look very well, really like the hat. 

Rhino Prime: Basically Rhino, but bigger (if that was even possible).

Least Favorite:

- Ember Prime: Looks like a chicken on fire. 

- Hydroid Prime: I find the beard to be distracting.

- Frost Prime: I do not like his helmet design. 

- Nekros Prime: Not a big fan of the chest. 

- Oberon Prime: Body is ok, the helmet can use some work.

Feel free to share some of yours or yell at me.

Edited by WH1735S0W

In no particular order.

Favourites:

• Mirage Prime - A sexy jester, what's not to love? As a DC Comics fan and someone who put 300 hours into Injustice 2, I just can't say no to colouring her like my favourite Harley Quinn (who is also my favourite Injustice 2 character) shader.
  • Chroma Prime - "But... there is one they fear. In our tongue he is 'Chroma': Dragonframe!"
  • Hydroid Prime - Every time I look at him, the Pirates of the Caribbean theme starts playing in my head.
  • Trinity Prime - She's frilly and over-the-top and idiotically blingy and I love it.
  • Zephyr Prime - She just looks like a proper bird of prey.

Least favourites:

• Excalibur Prime - It's Excalibur with a Void Key jammed in his face. Founders can keep him.
  • Mag Prime - What's up the Cyclops eye and rabid dog teeth?
  • Oberon Prime - Baaa.
  • Banshee Prime - What's up with all the antennae? And that massive shoulder spike looks like it could poke someone's eye out.
  • Frost Prime - Just really boring. And what's up with three arch bridges on his head?
Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

Favorites

1. Equinox Prime - Don't @ me, I know she's not out yet.
  2. Saryn Prime - Helloooo, that Prime trailer? Saryn Prime is beautiful.
  3. Zephyr Prime - Graceful birb frame, huge improvement over original imo.
  4. Mesa Prime - As a "way back when" Mesa main, DE did her design justice.
  5. Limbo Prime - Love, love, love Limbo. He's such a gentleman.

Least Favorites

1. Banshee Prime
  2. Mag Prime
  3. Ember Prime
  4. Frost Prime
  5. Volt Prime

Least favorites are all helmet related. 😛

Edited by EquinoxPrime

Top 5 best: 

Ash, I really like his arms and abs he looks amazing

Limbo, I really love how classy he is it makes me wanna play him...but no he aint good for me

mirage, first time I saw regular mirage she looked like a football player with large kneepads, but the prime kinda reminds me of kitana and mileena and I love them

vauban, he looks like a cool looking biker and edgy, also kinda hipster looking i can visualise him with starbucks and an iphone 

mesa...you know why we like mesa prime ;)

Last 5:

volt, I dont like the helm and how the texture of his body is

ember, her gold details kinda look like bones getting out of her head and she doesnt have a lot of prime details

mag, okay the body is not bad but I cant color it to look good, the helmet is the bigger problem makes her look like she has one eye and a mustache

trinity, regular trin to trin prime looks amazing, but trin prime to strega just looks like she has let herself go and not taking care of herself with all those thingies hanging

frost, his helm looks nice but I preffer regular frost skin looks better imo

Top 5

• Mirage Prime - Nice shapes. My favorite part is casting 1 for the animation. Reminds me of Harley Quinn, also. I put her noble animation on all my female frames.
  • Rhino Prime - Looks tough. Simple and well designed. The lights on his midsection are cool.
  • Chroma Prime - 🤘 TROGDOOORRRRR!!! Burninating the countryside. Burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in the thatched roof cottageeeeess! 🤘
  • Saryn Prime - Very nice! 👍
  • Limbo Prime - Rather dashing.

Bottom 5

• Frost Prime - His boots are still hideous. And his coat(?) is still boring.
  • Mag Prime - Boring. Not much different from non-Prime.
  • Nekros Prime - His guts take up too much surface area and the coloring pattern didn't go well with my coloring scheme.
  • Excalibur Prime - Also boring.
  • Nova Prime - Ugly boots.

the good:

- Rhino Prime - simple and effective, though I may be biased as he was my first frame after my starting Volt, my First Prime, AND I just straight up enjoy him the most.

- Volt Prime - looks so good I couldn't bring myself to even tweak all his colours, let alone remove the Armour, which I think looks best on him IMO.

- Ash prime - this represents the point where primes went form a gilded reskin to a true Orokin aesthetic of a frame. Ash Prime is drastically different and he looks great, with all the other skins out there for him I'd argue he's one of the strongest fashionframes overall.

- Mesa prime - I was kinda worried at first, and while we didn't get the full duster look, we still got a pretty damn good looking Mesa Prime. those gilded Regulators are just SO beautiful!

- Nekros Prime - he truly looks like a lord of the dead. they captured everything Nekros is about, and while I also use his deluxe, his regular form is still pretty edgy, in a good way.

the bad, or at least meh:

- Frost Prime - look, I know he was like the second Prime overall, but come on.. he literally looks the same with a couple of gold bits. I reckon a lot of Frost players would agree with the idea of reworking his default Prime skin (still, at least his Deluxe and Tennogen skins are awesome).

- Saryn Prime - she's not too bad, but not so keen on the tentacle hair. she came with nice weapons though, and again, awesome alt skins (Integra is a work of art!)

- Nova prime - same problems as frost IMO. grabbed Corpra Nova as soon as I could.

- Trinity Prime - once the lobster booty memes dried up I lost interest. Knightess looks way better IMO.

- Oberon prime - this is where they messed up IMO, Oberon prime is UUUGLY! the legs, and the rings, and the helm, just.. UGH! totally ruined him IMO, and i was hyped for him to be a real gem. still Feyarch and now Obsidian skin remedies the problem.

Favs

• Mesa   -  (Firs time I was just like wow, I kinda don't wana change anything)
  • Banshee  -  (Mostly the helm)
  • Nova   -  (Cuz she was the first with moving parts)
  • Mirage   -  (Heavy improvement over the base model)
  • Trinity   -  (Most improved over base model)

Dislike

• Saryn    -  (Cuz we coulda had this http://i.imgur.com/t1iLjQq.jpg )
  • Frost   -  (Old but least effort ever)
  • Oberon   -  (2nd least effort ever)
  • Mag   - (Old and uninspired)
  • Volt   - (Almost no difference)

Favorites:

Hydroid: I don't use him much, but just having that heavy lookin pirate boy in my inventory makes me happy to Fashion Frame him.

Mirage: Vanilla Mirage is just too damn chunky for my taste. Those knee pads and shoulder pads make her look like she's wearing plastic armor. Her Prime really slims her and gives her that "trickster" look she's known for.

Mesa: Do I even have to say it?

Ash: Being the closest to his original design (you know, the one where he's a woman) his helm and overall more triangle sillohuette make him look deadlier and sleeker. Very nice!

Vauban: Give him his full rework already. I wanna find a good reason to get his prime and use him more than what I do now! That golden train head must be mine eventually!

Least Favorites:

Oberon: I'm sorry, my deer Oberon (dear/deer Hehehhh) but your prime is ugly as sin. It's oddly chunky in the gut, the sillohuette makes him look lethargic, and that helmet... BOI that helmet! You're my favorite frame Oberon, but I ain't usin that Prime skin any tine soon. 

Mag: I know she's an early prime, but jeez her Prime details are non existant from her stabdard skin. Plus her helmet is kinda ugly. Good thing she has some of the best Tennogen!

Trinity: While I actually consider Trinity Prime to be one of my favorite Prime designs, the fact that a base Trinity Prime available in Twitch Prime means a lot of newer players will be using her. I'm guilty of this, I JUST got my Oberon to my top play percent that was originally held by, you guessed It, Trinity Prime... but I just think of Trinity Prime's look as a "My first Prime" and it bugs me a bit.

Frost: Who was the artist who decided to put Frost's 3 on his head? Who needs to be fired?

Chroma: Now I actually like the base Chroma skin, the dragonslayer motif is really cool! My issue is the Effigy. And this applies to the Dynasty skin as well... Why you gotta nerf them butt cheeks? Man that was the only reason I used pelt mode, and I can't be shiny doin it? Damn. At least he's gettin a lot of good tennogen.

Edited by StarMoral

Hmmmmm. 

Fav: mesa, valkyre, limbo, Mirage, and banshee

Least fav: Hydroid, Oberon, Loki, rhino and frost. 

Explanation of why they're my least fav:

Hydroid: because I've always disliked him in general. He's always been extremely hard to colour right and he's way too fat. His abilities are also meh. Although the recent ability change waa really really good for him. 

Oberon: he's always been the worst possible looking frame ever in the entire game by a LOOONG shot. Insanely ugly by my standards. His prime skin follows the same feelings. I actually refused to use him or craft him till his delux skin came out and then I gave him a shot. 

Loki: I just don't think there's enough gold. Plus I think his body ratio to head and limbs are really strange. He looks skinny and buff and fat all at the same time and I don't like it. 

Rhino: I've never liked his normal or primed skin. It's just so weird and off. He looks almost playtoy like or childlike. I only ever use him with the deluxe skin. 

Frost: tbh I was just trying to think of a 5th one, but frost can fit that slot just cause his prime skin has very little gold on it. Could do with a small rework and add more emroided gold 

I like :

Mirage Prime (the best looking female warframe for me)

Trinity Prime (especially the helmet)

Valkyr Prime

Mesa Prime (far better that the normal)

Chroma Prime

I dont like :

Mag prime (the helmet is awful)

Nova prime (the normal is not good too)

Oberon prime ( the castle wall armor and the bull head are strange)

Hydroid prime (the normal is a mess and the prime is a prime mess)

Banshee prime (cant say what is wrong but dont like her)

The others are ok i suppose.

Most time is a helmet problem and can be solved with a alternate helmet.