Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts = Lots of Application Hang crashes

Golmihr

I have never had Warframe Crash before update 24.4. Now I've had close to 20 (Stopped counting). All my drivers including BIOS is up to date. I've flushed, released and renewed my dns under ipconfig.

The crashes often happens when I'm browsing an interface in my ship or a store but also in single player games and open world multiplayer.

I've used CCleaner and Advanced System Care to try and fix it too. And of course verified and optimized my download cache in the Warframe launcher.

Description of crash: My screen freezes and a few seconds later the the sound stops. I have to alt+ctrl+del to get out of it and under jobs Warframe is still running taking up memory but barely using any processing power. All progress is lost and no error reports were sent to DE. When I view the log it's always described as

Application Hang

EventID 1002

level 2

task 101

Top window is idle, warframe.x64.exe stopped communicating with windows.

My system:

Motherboard: ASUDTek PRIME Z370-A

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64-bit)

Processor: Intel i7-8700 3.20GHz

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980ti

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio (The one I'm using); NVIDIA High Definition Audio; Nvidia Virtual Audio Device

Networking and I/O: Intel Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V

Memory: 16 GB

I'm having similar issues.  Seems that not looking or being near fissures helps a little bit, but it still inevitably crashes. Running at potato graphics doesn't help.

EDIT: The latest hotfix has fixed this issue for me.

Edited by Sir_Kibble
new information

Bumping to say that this problem is still not fixed.

Although the crashes are less frequent now. Just (5 min ago) had a crash near the end of an exploiter fight. When I tried to log back into the group I was stuck in infinite loading screen while the sound indicated I had already loaded in.

In the last two days I've crashed while checking my arsenal, during a mission completion screen and while alt-tabbing in my orbiter to check something on the wiki.

Edited by Golmihr

These crashes are still not fixed. When I'm fighting the Orb mother in a group they always happen in the third part of the second phase and typically when I'm holding a thermia canister. When I then restart the game and try to team up with the group I get caught in infinite loading screen with no access to chat while the sounds imply I'm already loaded in.

Honestly if anything is going to kill my addiction to warframe it's probably this bug.

Just an update to say that I just (5-10min ago as of posting this) had yet another of these crashes near the end of the Exploiter fight.

I've turned pretty much all my settings to low and reverted to DirectX 10 when it happened.

Edit: Another teammate seemed to crash in a similar fashion earlier on in that he couldn't get back in and after 5 min of his name being greyed out he dropped the group.

Edited by Golmihr