Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Channeling, sigh...

Carnage2K4

Yes I'm one of the 3 players who use channeling.
as of about Hotfix 24.4.4 or so, channeling turns off while swapping between ranged weapons and melee, I get that people were unhappy it stayed on and drained energy if they (auto)blocked with it on. For me, the 2.99... Melee release version was perfect, I turn channeling on, and no matter what ranged weapons I used, it remained on.
But now I have to turn it on every single time I switch to my melee weapon, which defeats the purpose of being able to fast switch weapons 3.0 style.

There is an easy fix for this, a toggle in settings: "Channeling On While Weapon Switching"
Have it off (by default) and swapping to your ranged weapons turns off channeling.
Have it on, and once you have turned channeling on, it remains on even if you use ranged fire between melee attacks.

Edited by Carnage2K4
  • Like 2

If you hold the channel button while you hit melee, you will immediately channel your attacks.

You could even hold or tape down a button and get the instant channel on melee effect it doesn't even matter if the button was originally pressed in a different mission as long as it is still held when you pull out your weapon, it will start channeled.