Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need more characters that are badasses that are not Tenno/Warframes/Bad Guys

Chaos.Blades

Think of it like Clem except we go into that mission and don't think "If I was not here Clem would die". The main feedback here is that we don't(?) have any characters that are Good/Anti-Hero that is a badass in their own right at the same level as Tenno/Warframes. Some of you might say that nobody is supposed to be as strong as Tenno/Warframes but I feel like every good story needs there fluke.

Think of it like we round the corner and this character snaps the kneck of a level 150 Corrupted Bombard and puts a cigar out in his eye or suplexes him or something. 🙂

Imagine if the Wolf was on our side broke out of prison that he was in for being a deserter and randomly popped into our missions to help us instead of killing us.

We have some boss, later on, where this character interrupts him mid bad guy speech and breaks his nose. (Corrupted Vor, how badass that would be?).

Teshin is the closest we have to a badass. Now that he isn't under anyone's control maybe we will see him do more. Although he seems to be more of a retired badass than anything.

Edit: I don't see Nora as a badass at all. More of a cool vibe. Jack from Mass Effect is the badass female we deserve.

Edited by Chaos.Blades

Well, there's Biz, but he's retired. But, yeah, I'd like to see more. They're not common in the grand scheme of things, but it'd be nice to see once in a while.

On a related note, I'd love to see Biz have to break out his old badassery at some point. Maybe the last Orb fight? LD 'helps' us during Profit Taker so it's not unheard of. Imagine if it went like something like this, about halfway through the last fight.

Spoiler

B: "Not good. Reinforcements inbound"

E: "Sparky, think you can take them?"

B: "The stakes are too high - there's too many of them. They'll be a real threat and we need the Tenno to get that orb down now. No distractions. Little Duck?"

LD: "Wot?"

B: "I need your Buzlok."

LD+E: "Biz, no! There's too many of them. You'll die!"

B: "I'll be fine. Same thing applies to them anyway - they can't afford to distract themselves on me."

E: "I'm not dumb Biz. You can't go - as leader of Solaris United, I forbid it."

B: "If I have to, I'll hand in my membership. They need my help. I'm going."

E: "Biz.." (Alternatively, if they want to do a name-drop for Biz this'd be a really good time to do it)

B: "You can't stop me Eudico."

E: "...just... give them the Buisness for me."

That'd be pretty feelsy, but also extremely hype. Mechanically, enemy numbers would drop off really fast as Biz takes them out quickly and professionally. None of that "Another one down. You outworlders can thank me later" after you kill a dozen with your minigun. Yes LD, you're very helpful. This would, in turn, open an opportunity for the boss itself to become harder as you wouldn't need to deal with enemies as much.

1 hour ago, Ultimatesoup said:

It's funny that you can feel that DE made their best to make Nora badass yet she's probably the lamest character in the game.

I find Teshin cool personally. 

A lot of people are waiting on the chance to kill Lotus. Me? If Nora turns out to be evil I'm first in line to put a bullet in her. Do not trust her at all.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Ultimatesoup:

It's funny that you can feel that DE made their best to make Nora badass yet she's probably the lamest character in the game.

Oh yes....

Her constant exuberant praising of every fart your frame releases is genuinely cringeworthy. Yeah, no, i don't need anyone telling me i'm the "once and future badass" for opening a bunch of caches, it's embarrassing at best.

4 hours ago, Chaos.Blades said:

Think of it like Clem except we go into that mission and don't think "If I was not here Clem would die". The main feedback here is that we don't(?) have any characters that are Good/Anti-Hero that is a badass in their own right at the same level as Tenno/Warframes. Some of you might say that nobody is supposed to be as strong as Tenno/Warframes but I feel like every good story needs there fluke.

Think of it like we round the corner and this character snaps the kneck of a level 150 Corrupted Bombard and puts a cigar out in his eye or suplexes him or something. 🙂

Imagine if the Wolf was on our side broke out of prison that he was in for being a deserter and randomly popped into our missions to help us instead of killing us.

We have some boss, later on, where this character interrupts him mid bad guy speech and breaks his nose. (Corrupted Vor, how badass that would be?).

I want the Steel Meridian leader to join us in the mission like Clem so bad! I imagine she's a hardened veteran grineer that had enough of the bullshjt and decided to blow up a grineer ship before leaving.

I want her to come to the mission and said:"Alright Tenno, people's lives are depending on us to get this done." And we proceed to shoot everything in sight 😂

Edited by EyeSlip
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Chaos.Blades said:

Can't really be a badass in my option by standing in a room. At least with Teshin we have seen him be a badass a couple of times.

True Little Duck doesn't do much ingame atm, but we also have warframe comics where she is out on the field fighting side by side with tenno.

7 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

True Little Duck doesn't do much ingame atm, but we also have warframe comics where she is out on the field fighting side by side with tenno.

No allies of the tenno do much in-game atm. Even syndicate missions are just generic guys with simple AI routines. Once again Teshin is the most active and you actually see him doing stuff in the War Within but guess what, he was technically a bad guy during this. That is pretty much it. Everything else is talking heads on comms and standing with quotes when you access the vendor. If she is fighting side by side with the tenno in the comics then why doesn't she show up in mission from time to time? Show up during the Profit Taker phases and actually interact. We don't even have something as simple as "Defend me while I hack this terminal".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

She snipes during profit taker.

One enemy every 30 seconds or so.

And then boasts about how cool she is.

I'm not fond of her.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

She snipes during profit taker.

One enemy every 30 seconds or so.

And then boasts about how cool she is.

I'm not fond of her.

So 16 enemies during the fight on average... so little I didn't even notice. Still not technically interacting. Bet her character model isn't even on the map. If they did this in a meaningful manner they would camp her on a ridge and we would see her health bar and if she died the enemy spawn rate would increase.

Just now, Chaos.Blades said:

So 16 enemies during the fight on average... so little I didn't even notice. Still not technically interacting. Bet her character model isn't even on the map. If they did this in a meaningful manner they would camp her on a ridge and we would see her health bar and if she died the enemy spawn rate would increase.

It is actually on the map. I found her once.

Obviously she's not easy to find since, y'know, mountains. But she's there. Invincible though, so she can't die.