Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon hitboxes bugged with Propa and Ivara

Charm

I have seen several posts about update 24.4.0 breaking Propa scaffold so that it no longer triggers and explodes when it hits Eidolons. Since this change was not in the patch notes we can only assume it was unintentional. I would like to see this fixed so that we have more than one usable amp for Eidolons.

However something I haven't seen posted in the forums yet, when shooting an Eidolon in the water with Ivara's Artemis Bow the arrows from the bow will pass straight through the limb and not even register. While I might not be the greatest player, I can assure you I did not miss a stationary target 10 times in a row, and then 10 more times on the next Eidolon to follow after. This change makes Ivara more or less unplayable for very organized Eidolon groups since she can't damage a limb before the Eidolon fully steps out of it's bathtub. Whereas Chroma can instapop the limb in the water still just like Ivara was able to do before this patch. It makes a frame that was viable but definitely worse than Chroma (the meta alternative), significantly worse to the point where picking Ivara is now borderline griefing.

Eidolon hitboxes have been very wonky since the first mainline update with Fortuna's release and have never been restored to their original glory. Players adapted to this change and found ways to work around the new wonky hitboxes that were never fixed. So the way to "adapt" to the newest spaghetti hitboxes is to not play a frame I enjoy much more than Chroma and have spent a lot of time practicing, Ivara? To not use the Propa scaffold and instead use the Shraksun scaffold which was the only amp anyone used before Propa came along?

This patch has killed a lot of diversity in Eidolon hunting and it's not as fun for me to be forced to play a certain way because what I enjoyed playing is now bugged to the point where it doesn't function. DE Please.

Perhaps the Ivara Artemis Bow hitbox problem only occurs when you are not host of the game. I believe I played a game yesterday on my own host where it functioned perfectly fine and I was able to pop limbs in the water with my bow. In my most recent Eidolon hunt I was not host of the game and that is when this bug occurred.

-I just did a run on my host with the Lanka and Chroma and had the same issue. Projectiles are not hitting Eidolons in the water. Not limited to just Ivara's Artemis Bow it seems.

Edited by RiftCaller
Tried Lanka with host

DE really need to be aware of this bug,they fixed lures with hildryn passive very fast but they seems to ignore the eidolons hitboxes bug with propa scaffold.

And you cant dash to the ground anymore to trigger Virtuos Shadow, another bug related to eidolons hitboxes.

5 hours ago, RiftCaller said:

Perhaps the Ivara Artemis Bow hitbox problem only occurs when you are not host of the game. I believe I played a game yesterday on my own host where it functioned perfectly fine and I was able to pop limbs in the water with my bow. In my most recent Eidolon hunt I was not host of the game and that is when this bug occurred.

-I just did a run on my host with the Lanka and Chroma and had the same issue. Projectiles are not hitting Eidolons in the water. Not limited to just Ivara's Artemis Bow it seems.

I've never really done eidolon hunts in public with the huntress (always kind of wanted to, but was too scared to, so I can't really test). So the issue seems to be a host/client issue?

I'm glad to know it's not an Ivara-specific issue. Thanks for reporting the results, hopefully DE also looks at this thread for fixing.

1 hour ago, BlindStalker said:

I've never really done eidolon hunts in public with the huntress (always kind of wanted to, but was too scared to, so I can't really test). So the issue seems to be a host/client issue?

I'm glad to know it's not an Ivara-specific issue. Thanks for reporting the results, hopefully DE also looks at this thread for fixing.

Nah it's not relative to host. The next night after seeing the issues with my favorite DPS Ivara, I tried Chroma with Lanka while I was hosting the game. My shots still went straight through synovias until he was fully out of the water.

1 hour ago, RiftCaller said:

Nah it's not relative to host. The next night after seeing the issues with my favorite DPS Ivara, I tried Chroma with Lanka while I was hosting the game. My shots still went straight through synovias until he was fully out of the water.

Hmm, so all projectiles into the water seem to be messed up for the current time?

I have never been in a group or coordinated enough to be able to down shields to the point where garry or harry are still in the water. But I can see still understand this as a bug that hopefully DE gets to fixing.

Even x27 is having abysmal Crit damage, as if the Shadow not even doing anything. As a occasional 6x3 player, even 5x3 ending up being a close call since the mainline update. And beside not proccing shadow, Ground dash is also consuming way more energy than usual.

Edited by 541K4T

• 1 month later...

Friendly reminder that Lanka and projectiles in general are no longer used for Eidolon hunting and Rubico Prime meta has been in full swing since patch 24.4.0 several months ago.

The issues mentioned in this thread have still not been addressed.

We have one weapon and one amp currently being used for Eidolons.

• 1 month later...
On 2019-05-24 at 2:26 PM, Charm said:

Friendly reminder that Lanka and projectiles in general are no longer used for Eidolon hunting and Rubico Prime meta has been in full swing since patch 24.4.0 several months ago.

The issues mentioned in this thread have still not been addressed.

We have one weapon and one amp currently being used for Eidolons.

Did this uh, ever get fix? I'm sorry I don't really Eidolon hunt at all atm, but are projectiles still not hitting Eidolon limbs while they're walking out of the water?

(my subtle way of bumping your thread just in case they haven't been yet).

Edited by BlindStalker