Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Episode 2.... it's here, Dreamers.

Nora Night

6 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Does this mean I'll finally get to farm him? I'm hitting rank 13 today and have never seen him. 😕

I know Steve said his spawn rate will increase with each episode, but by how much? 0.15%?

I started playing the game again a couple weeks ago and I've ran into him 4 times already, maybe you should run with me so you can get to fight him 😂

I just hope the Wolf settles down and get his own node where we can run assassination missions on him at the end of the season. Everything else would be a huge dissappointment - and plainly unfair. Stalker/G3/Zanuka rarely dropping their parts is bad enough, but at least they can show up all the time (after years i still don't have all weapon parts from them), not just in a very limited time window.

There better be a way to force the wolf to spawn later on in this series or Nightwave is just utter trash in my eyes. Even if you make his sledge farmable in a future event, going through a 2 and a half month long event about the wolf of saturn 6 and NOT SEEING HIM ONE TIME, is just plain stupid.

If everyone stop a minute a think about this, it is pretty obvious that the Wolfie spawn rate has to be very low right now. I got so miffed when he didn't show on Jupiter (3+ hrs total mission time) that I had to do just that (or ragequit, at least for an hour...), actually think that is...

This is a ten-week event, adding more parts of the story every week, and at the center is Wolfie. If he would spawn enough to be farmed extensively during the first weeks, or even in the middle of the story, it would destroy or/and impact the whole thing quite negatively. It would turn what is unfolding (and supporting the new mission system at the same time), into "been there done that". But we are not there yet, we are only at week three...

We now know he is out there, but only a few have met him, so he is still almost a myth. That is as should be, what he should be, at this stage. An enigma fluttering at the edge of the system, a vague threat (that can actually BE a threat, which is very nice). Who he is, what he wants and how we will be able to be more directly involved will become clear. But in due time.

Since I want his hammer (preferably right now 🙂), the setup is vaguely irritating. But that is on me, and partly on this insane modern culture of instant gratification. Had to re-read some Calvin & Hobbes to get my balance back, but now I am calm and balanced again. I actually regret carping about the low spawn rate, and I am now willing to go with the flow, or more appropriately the "wave". I even think DE is doing the right thing, and I hope they are sturdy enough to stand firm against this "me, me, me, want it now, now, NOW"-trend. I really do.

58 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

If everyone stop a minute a think about this, it is pretty obvious that the Wolfie spawn rate has to be very low right now. I got so miffed when he didn't show on Jupiter (3+ hrs total mission time) that I had to do just that (or ragequit, at least for an hour...), actually think that is...

This is a ten-week event, adding more parts of the story every week, and at the center is Wolfie. If he would spawn enough to be farmed extensively during the first weeks, or even in the middle of the story, it would destroy or/and impact the whole thing quite negatively. It would turn what is unfolding (and supporting the new mission system at the same time), into "been there done that". But we are not there yet, we are only at week three...

We now know he is out there, but only a few have met him, so he is still almost a myth. That is as should be, what he should be, at this stage. An enigma fluttering at the edge of the system, a vague threat (that can actually BE a threat, which is very nice). Who he is, what he wants and how we will be able to be more directly involved will become clear. But in due time.

Since I want his hammer (preferably right now 🙂), the setup is vaguely irritating. But that is on me, and partly on this insane modern culture of instant gratification. Had to re-read some Calvin & Hobbes to get my balance back, but now I am calm and balanced again. I actually regret carping about the low spawn rate, and I am now willing to go with the flow, or more appropriately the "wave". I even think DE is doing the right thing, and I hope they are sturdy enough to stand firm against this "me, me, me, want it now, now, NOW"-trend. I really do.

Nice to see someone with a bit of foresight. I like how this is going, if you get the weapon, it's going to be rare, it's going to be unique and not everyone will end up with it, unless DE decide to make it farm-able after the event is finished. Even if i don't end up with it, will still be cool to see others with it.

2 hours ago, Tarkerus said:

Nice to see someone with a bit of foresight. I like how this is going, if you get the weapon, it's going to be rare, it's going to be unique and not everyone will end up with it, unless DE decide to make it farm-able after the event is finished. Even if i don't end up with it, will still be cool to see others with it.

I'd prefer if rare "trophy items" were not things that grant mastery rank, thanks. I thought that's what the Orbiter decorations were for?

10 hours ago, AXCrusnik said:

I'd prefer if rare "trophy items" were not things that grant mastery rank, thanks. I thought that's what the Orbiter decorations were for?

What the hell are you on about ? I never mentioned Mastery Rank or the Item giving or not giving it. If it won't be farm-able then i doubt DE would make it rank up Mastery!. Kind of common sense that one.

31 minutes ago, Tarkerus said:

What the hell are you on about ? I never mentioned Mastery Rank or the Item giving or not giving it. If it won't be farm-able then i doubt DE would make it rank up Mastery!. Kind of common sense that one.

It's a weapon. It gives mastery rank. It doesn't matter if you mentioned it or not. IMO It's also common sense for this, a co-op focused game, to have an energy bar for teammates in the UI so someone like trinity, who's one of the earliest released frames, can properly provide support when needed and yet that took like 2 and a half years to get recognized.

On 2019-03-13 at 7:21 PM, Descent-of-Damocles said:

I've only seen him twice and I play this game religiously. The first time he dropped nothing, the second time he dropped Fever Strike. I need a third time to complete his codex, which also reminds of the surprising fact I'm usually the only one who remembers to scan him

when Helios is alive he does that for me, frankly I have seen him only ones in his level 50 state and he seemed liked a mindless charging bullet sponge to me. Had expected a little bit more of him TBH. 

On 2019-03-13 at 7:44 PM, Swagernator22663 said:

There is a story ? 

Whaaat.

That is what they had setup and I hoped that they would have done some with it in the ranking up and not with 10 weeks of just a cover story and then on he next one. (which reminds me btw. awesome Jay-Z song)

On 2019-03-13 at 10:41 PM, Whitestrake0 said:

Did 50 IO runs and I didn't get a single wolf spawn. You know what is really great, having a villain that never shows up and then having that villain drop really important stuff. Swear the only reason to not make the wolf spawn frequently is cause noobs would get crushed by him, just limit him to higher level planets, past Jupiter and beyond

Or give him an MR requirement to spawn in to what ever mission and having completed a set of quest since Nora talks about dreamers, which is really a spoiler if think about it.

On 2019-03-13 at 6:40 PM, Rawbeard said:

so why is he attacking us? or is that disconnected from the naarative of Nightwave?

hes a grineer probably a formor super soldier if his apperence is anything to go by.

does he need a complex reason to attack tenno? the rest of the grineer (excluding the deserters and steel meridian of corse.) seem just fine attacking us.

6 hours ago, hazerddex said:

does he need a complex reason to attack tenno?

no, but when he suddenly has a complex motivation that has nothing to do with Tenno and takes up all his time, I have to question why he then goes out of his way to get killed. if it was us who invade him, that would make perfect sense. as is, it's just "this is a game, who cares if the story is connected to the gameplay"

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-03-13 at 7:08 PM, Nora Night said:

Seems like the Wolf's been on the move. Come and listen to what Nora has to say... 

Inconsistent, uncompelling and inconsequential story is inconsistent, uncompelling and inconsequential. Narratively speaking, The Wolf of Saturn Six is a snorefest.

В 14.03.2019 в 03:14, SnuggleBuckets сказал:

What do you gain from any of this, and why won't you give us missions specific to whatever story you're slowly trying to tell?

Because it requires to actually do something aka make content for once.

It requires nothing to stuff already existing boring busywork nobody cares about captures and hunts into your throat on the other hand. All that to waste your time and prevent you from playing other games while doing as little as possible on their end.

3 минуты назад, (XB1)GameNerd300 сказал:

Probably gonna get hate for this, but I'd rather do Nightwave missions and be invaded by the wolf than seal thermia fractures. THAT ish is fuggin boring man...

Why compare one resident sleeper fiesta with another?

Theyre both awful. But if anything, at least the event is finite. Youve done it 15 times and youre done. THIS you need to be doing daily, weekly, monthly and it never ends, ever. And also you cant start another wave if youre still on your first too. This is depressing as hell. Instead of wanting to play more I personally feel like not doing anything at all. This isnt what I what to do after 3500 hours in the game for a grineer syandana, same low level generic trash missions on a strict timer every day and week. This is so stupid it hurts. 

8 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Why compare one resident sleeper fiesta with another?

Theyre both awful. But if anything, at least the event is finite. Youve done it 15 times and youre done. THIS you need to be doing daily, weekly, monthly and it never ends, ever. And also you cant start another wave if youre still on your first too. This is depressing as hell. Instead of wanting to play more I personally feel like not doing anything at all. This isnt what I what to do after 3500 hours in the game for a grineer syandana, same low level generic trash missions on a strict timer every day and week. This is so stupid it hurts. 

You're right. Both events are a slog and I find myself avoiding the thermia fractures, even though I want the Opticor Vandal. Bad. Both events just feel like a chore. I'm finding myself logging on to see what challenges I can knock out instead of seeing what I would like to work towards building, like I used to. I think they could've done the nightwave system a bit better, as well as making the task of sealing thermia fractures more fun instead of open world mobile defense.

Archived