Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 3.0 would be catastrophic to the game

Fydro56

24 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

I can still aim-glide with my guns. Yes, its a bit annoying because I'm aiming down sights, but because weapon swapping is instant, I don't lose anything by it, at least not in terms of maneuverability and/or navigation. The moment I land (or ground slam) I just hit melee and away I go. I can see it as being a bit of a nerf though, because you are right, I'm no longer blocking projectiles while aim-gliding when I used to be. But personally, I just used block-gliding for navigation and not specifically for the blocking part, and since I still haven't lost the instant navigation functionality of aim-gliding, it doesn't really upset me. But if you really want block gliding, just don't bring ranged weapons at all and you'll resume using your sword to block-glide like in melee 2.0.

Beyond that, I honestly never used block, other than for Guardian Derision builds, because it just makes more sense for me to bullet-jump to an enemy and kill them instead of running my way over to them while blocking, all the while still taking damage because most weapon types offer abysmal blocking resist anyway. Hell, I even prefer rolling to blocking because the innate 75% damage resist from rolling is still better than most melee weapon's blocking damage resistance (with the exception of a few weapon types like polearms and claws).

Melee weapons are my jam, and ranged weapons are my sidekicks. I even bring thrown weapons as my secondary because, while yes they are still ranged, it just fits the theme of wanting to be a bad-ass sword-wielding space ninja that slaughters everything in front of their path, whether by sword or throwing knife. If, however, you don't want to utilize all of the tools available to you, and you don't ever want to touch a ranged weapon, then don't equip one. If you go into battle with only your melee weapon equipped, you can block-guide without worrying about your ranged weapon getting in the way. How's that for melee dedication? If you want 100% melee, there is nothing stopping you, just ditch the ranged weapons that you aren't using anyway.

It's extremely glitchy right now, though. And in the rare situation where you might want a primary/secondary as backup for high range targets, you don't have access to most melee functionality. What that means is that the game now prioritizes guns over melee, whereas with melee 2.0, you had access to full gun and melee functionality regardless of which weapon you had in your hand.

23 minutes ago, LocoWithGun said:

So your entire issue is that little zoom you get from guns? And don't say snipers this and that because people have been running snipers for ages and they don't all bother switching to melee just so they can glide. Mobility is exactly the same so zoom becomes the only argument for dedicated melee glide.

It would be more useful to have a keybind just for glide zoom than to have one just for melee glide.

And melee glide is not an upgrade to aim glide. I can actually shoot enemies while doing all of those things when I have a gun. You're sporting all of your buffs and nullifier just walks out in the place you were about to land. Is melee glide an upgrade then?

My issue is how it makes the whole system awkward. It breaks up my movement, my flow, my rhythm if every time I RMB, out comes my gun. Now I have to press the quick-melee button again. This relegates melee to sidekick mode, as it's no longer streamlined with proper movement mechanics. I watch streams, other players who are WF partners, that are completely oblivious to all the cool parkour things you can do in this game. They probably see no nerf with 2.999, just like you don't. They just run 'n gun, AFK, use overpowered warframe abilities. And that's cool, I'm not going to insult their playstyle.

Melee glide is an upgrade over aim glide if we're talking purely movement. The slow-mo control happens more quickly, allowing me to execute maneuvers more quickly. And I could combo movement mechanics with aerial melee attacks. Like for instance, W+Jump+RMB+Ctrl+LMB. What'd I just do? Flung at my opponent and headshot him with my melee weapon, perfectly calculating my height and distance with BLOCKGLIDE. But now that's gone because blockglide is useless, right?

28 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

I can still aim-glide with my guns. Yes, its a bit annoying because I'm aiming down sights, but because weapon swapping is instant, I don't lose anything by it, at least not in terms of maneuverability and/or navigation. The moment I land (or ground slam) I just hit melee and away I go. I can see it as being a bit of a nerf though, because you are right, I'm no longer blocking projectiles while aim-gliding when I used to be. But personally, I just used block-gliding for navigation and not specifically for the blocking part, and since I still haven't lost the instant navigation functionality of aim-gliding, it doesn't really upset me. But if you really want block gliding, just don't bring ranged weapons at all and you'll resume using your sword to block-glide like in melee 2.0.

Beyond that, I honestly never used block, other than for Guardian Derision builds, because it just makes more sense for me to bullet-jump to an enemy and kill them instead of running my way over to them while blocking, all the while still taking damage because most weapon types offer abysmal blocking resist anyway. Hell, I even prefer rolling to blocking because the innate 75% damage resist from rolling is still better than most melee weapon's blocking damage resistance (with the exception of a few weapon types like polearms and claws).

Melee weapons are my jam, and ranged weapons are my sidekicks. I even bring thrown weapons as my secondary because, while yes they are still ranged, it just fits the theme of wanting to be a bad-ass sword-wielding space ninja that slaughters everything in front of their path, whether by sword or throwing knife. If, however, you don't want to utilize all of the tools available to you, and you don't ever want to touch a ranged weapon, then don't equip one. If you go into battle with only your melee weapon equipped, you can block-guide without worrying about your ranged weapon getting in the way. How's that for melee dedication? If you want 100% melee, there is nothing stopping you, just ditch the ranged weapons that you aren't using anyway.

You're right. I can run melee-only if I decide, and give up primary/secondary, so that I can continue to play in the way I've played over 1500+ hours. The only problem with this is that block functionality is totally broken and they haven't patched it yet. Everytime I RMB with melee-only, my character gets locked blocking until I LMB. If they fix this, I am honestly willing to play melee-only from this point forward. Again, it's about movement and parkour, it's not about some sentimental attachment to melee weapons. 

Edited by Ofeban

7 minutes ago, Ofeban said:

My issue is how it makes the whole system awkward. It breaks up my movement, my flow, my rhythm if every time I RMB, out comes my gun. Now I have to press the quick-melee button again. This relegates melee to sidekick mode, as it's no longer streamlined with proper movement mechanics. I watch streams, other players who are WF partners, that are completely oblivious to all the cool parkour things you can do in this game. They probably see no nerf with 2.999, just like you don't. They just run 'n gun, AFK, use overpowered warframe abilities. And that's cool, I'm not going to insult their playstyle.

Melee glide is an upgrade over aim glide if we're talking purely movement. The slow-mo control happens more quickly, allowing me to execute maneuvers more quickly. And I could combo movement mechanics with aerial melee attacks. Like for instance, W+Jump+RMB+Ctrl+LMB. What'd I just do? Flung at my opponent and headshot him with my melee weapon, perfectly calculating my height and distance with BLOCKGLIDE. But now that's gone because blockglide is useless, right?

You're right. I can run melee-only if I decide, and give up primary/secondary, so that I can continue to play in the way I've played over 1500+ hours. The only problem with this is that block functionality is totally broken and they haven't patched it yet. Everytime I RMB with melee-only, my character gets locked blocking until I LMB. If they fix this, I am honestly willing to play melee-only from this point forward. Again, it's about movement and parkour, it's not about some sentimental attachment to melee weapons. 

Not only that, but don't try pulling out something like a fishing spear and block with it. It'll get rid of your ability to block until you leave the mission, and if you try to block, it'll automatically deploy your last used gear item and sometimes a random item.

For me all those (and future) changes of melee is not a big deal.

Thing is, limitations of game engine just too severe to realisticly do something too fancy about melee. It will be same sticks to bash enemies, may be with little bit changed balance and meta. May be for good, may be for bad and sad. But still - LIMITED.

To much dramma about pretty minor global change. So, chill.

Edited by le_souriceau

31 minutes ago, Ofeban said:

Since you so helpfully assumed I run and gun and am so utterly oblivious to the cool parkour system I'm going to assume you're just spamming melee completely oblivious to the cool things you can do in this game with guns equipped while gliding.

My favorite playstyle is to jump up, shoot enemies while in the air (doing all those basic maneuvers you describe) and then land on them either with a jump attack, air attack or slide attack. If you just float in the air not shooting because your melee is equipped as you are approaching enemies, then that makes your playstyle objectively less complex and involved than mine. Melee glide is also not quicker in any way, that is objectively false. Apparently me adding an extra step before I fling myself at said enemy (perfect height and distance... really?) makes my playstyle less involved.

I don't need to equip melee when I'm in the air. I can't throw my sword at them. I also don't need to equip it before I attack because I equip it BY attacking them. When I land on enemies from the air I have my melee weapon equipped. I "equipped" it by slamming/sliding into them.

I know that the zoom sucks for you but the whole thing about blockglide reads like an infomercial. "It slices it dices and it will do your taxes." No, the zoom is the only difference.

Edited by LocoWithGun

18 minutes ago, LocoWithGun said:

My favorite playstyle is to jump up, shoot enemies while in the air (doing all those basic maneuvers you describe) and then land on them either with a jump attack, air attack or slide attack.

I think the issue here is that you aren't a dedicated melee player, so you don't understand the experiences of dedicated melee players and how they like to play the game. I say that because what you are describing is not a dedicated melee play style, and for that to be your favorite play style means that your favorite play style involves the use of both guns and melee.

32 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Not only that, but don't try pulling out something like a fishing spear and block with it. It'll get rid of your ability to block until you leave the mission, and if you try to block, it'll automatically deploy your last used gear item and sometimes a random item.

Yeah, I hate those bugs. Another one is if you get shot while bullet jumping and autoblock kicks in, you'll automatically start aimgliding.

In any mission that I run now days, if I am not host I will do my best to not aimglide at all, since how block works when you aren't host is.. awful.
Also - it seems I can autoblock magically through my rear now days.

46 minutes ago, LocoWithGun said:

Since you so helpfully assumed I run and gun and am so utterly oblivious to the cool parkour system I'm going to assume you're just spamming melee completely oblivious to the cool things you can do in this game with guns equipped while gliding.

My favorite playstyle is to jump up, shoot enemies while in the air (doing all those basic maneuvers you describe) and then land on them either with a jump attack, air attack or slide attack. If you just float in the air not shooting because your melee is equipped as you are approaching enemies, then that makes your playstyle objectively less complex and involved than mine. Melee glide is also not quicker in any way, that is objectively false. Apparently me adding an extra step before I fling myself at said enemy (perfect height and distance... really?) makes my playstyle less involved.

I don't need to equip melee when I'm in the air. I can't throw my sword at them. I also don't need to equip it before I attack because I equip it BY attacking them. When I land on enemies from the air I have my melee weapon equipped. I "equipped" it by slamming/sliding into them.

I know that the zoom sucks for you but the whole thing about blockglide reads like an infomercial. "It slices it dices and it will do your taxes." No, the zoom is the only difference.

I can cross 100m almost instantly, there's no hanging around in the air waiting to be shot. Without blockglide, airborne melee is basically trash. Airborne slide attacks drop out of the air without the ability to blockglide and hover myself while doing it--That's how I rack up 3x the headshots of basically everyone I pub with. Perfect height and distance. With blockglide. Really. 

I don't mean to say that your playstyle is inferior. If you're happy with the way things are then I'm happy for you. But what you're describing, jumping up and shooting, is less evasive generally then just tapping CTRL and sliding around, scoping and shooting during the slide.

I barely ever take a hit with pure melee, and that's without block/autoblock. Movement is clean with blockglide.

EDIT: And again, if I have to give up primary/secondary to have blockglide, then I'll do it. I'll still play, and I'll still outperform 99.9% of players because of the mastery I've achieved with that system. You can enjoy your play-style too.

Edited by Ofeban
  • Like 1

I gotta say, the not being able to block has been bugging me alot 😞

I can live with the rest of it, its not taht bad. I kind of like the swapping to melee with quick melee button.

But when I want to block I dont want to be aiming with my rifle XD *oops instakilled*

On 2019-03-13 at 5:44 PM, Fydro56 said:

First and foremost it should be said that the countless fixes and updates that are continuously being introduced to the game are greatly appreciated and speak volumes about DE's dedication to make more enjoyable the passion project that is Warframe. However, while these updates are usually positive for the game, the developers should be careful of changes that completely overhaul core aspects of the game which could be earth shatteringly negative; DE should avoid the changes of Melee 3.0.

Firstly, the update removed melee swapping from the dedicated weapon swap button in addition to their animations. Players now have to press the quick melee button to swap to melee and aim/shoot to swap to firearms, and swapped weapons, without any animation, appear out of thin air. This should be avoided; if players want only to swap between melee/firearm when not engaged in combat, they need to quick melee/shoot, which breaks immersion and fluidity during gameplay, unlike with a simple press of a dedicated button. If the fluidity of weapon swapping is a concern, a simple tweak to swap animation speed would be enough.

Additionally, with the new swapping mechanic, because channeling and blocking shared the same buttons as aim and shoot respectively, players can no longer channel or block manually. With this change, unique enemy knockdown mechanics like snatching and eximus' flaming area of effect abilities that necessitate active engagement through manual blocking would be made obsolete. With this change, countless channeling mods would be made obsolete and melee builds that rely on them would be ruined; several stance mod combos and and their animations would be removed. With this change, the unique dynamic of channel blocking that allowed for enhanced deflection of damage would cease to exist.

While it may be argued that there are aspects of the melee system in need of improvement, a change of such magnitude that affects so many other elements of the game would not be necessary. While it could be argued that some current mechanics are niche and irrelevant, this is purely subjective. It should be emphatically noted that options are important in any game; players who don't care for them don't have to worry about them, and those who do can enjoy them. DE should not restrict options, especially when they already have been available to the players whose satisfaction dictates the success of their game (as for the case with any game).

Ultimately, this update removes complexity and functionality, resulting in a devolution of melee and a less fleshed out system; DE should avoid drastic alterations such as melee 3.0 that take away so many core elements of a system so deeply intertwined with the mechanics and functionality and enjoyment of Warframe.

I can’t agree/disagree yet as I’m on console but I must commend you on such a well constructed post!

• Like 1

On 2019-03-13 at 2:44 PM, Fydro56 said:

Additionally, with the new swapping mechanic, because channeling and blocking shared the same buttons as aim and shoot respectively, players can no longer channel or block manually. With this change, unique enemy knockdown mechanics like snatching and eximus' flaming area of effect abilities that necessitate active engagement through manual blocking would be made obsolete. With this change, countless channeling mods would be made obsolete and melee builds that rely on them would be ruined; several stance mod combos and and their animations would be removed. With this change, the unique dynamic of channel blocking that allowed for enhanced deflection of damage would cease to exist.

Ultimately, this update removes complexity and functionality, resulting in a devolution of melee and a less fleshed out system; DE should avoid drastic alterations such as melee 3.0 that take away so many core elements of a system so deeply intertwined with the mechanics and functionality and enjoyment of Warframe.

Before I get into this, I just want to say that I agree that more options are generally better, and I appreciate how well-written your post is.

However, I feel that this topic is a knee-jerk reaction to changes that aren’t complete yet. Melee 3.0 is releasing in phases, and upcoming phases include a full rework of the combo system, changes across the board to relevant mods, and a replacement of the entire channeling system. Of course the current builds and mods relying on blocking and channeling feel “obsolete”, the changes that have spawned this post aren’t intended to maintain continuity but rather prepare for the future. 

Players currently tout Warframe’s parkour system as one of the best movement systems currently in gaming, but there was a time where it was vastly different. Where Tenno were hindered by a stamina bar, where using spinning attacks with melee weapons could send you flying through maps at speeds the bullet jump can only dream of. Everything related to this previous parkour system: the mods, abilities, arcanes, are all changed or removed. What was arguably a “core” system regarding the functionality (movement) and enjoyment of the game is no longer here, and the game seems to be better for it.

We are on the precipice of similar changes to our melee system. Changes that stand to fix many of the issues that it currently has while taking it in an entirely new direction - one beyond the limitations of our current melee mechanics. Maybe it would be prudent to wait to see how things all fit together before claiming that Melee 3.0 is a mistake. 

7 hours ago, SilviaS12 said:

Speak for yourself in terms of having "more options available" when most "options" were omitted from the game. Remember it was not melee 3.0 that brought warframe to where it is in 2019, it was the previous one, 3.0 is just the previous one with a lot of things removed. As it is right now it is biased to one single gameplay style which is ranged with supplemental melee. Before there were more tha just that. But let's see where this goes as it is currently right?

How is it that the greatest supporters are primarily gun users that all love the instant swap?  Why is that really better? You still have to wait for a reload when u exhaust a clip.  How is that any different from a weapon swap? I don't think it should be instantaneous personally.   I guess I wasted my plat buying different holster positions for different weapons.  That means nothing now...

3 minutes ago, Arocken said:

How is it that the greatest supporters are primarily gun users that all love the instant swap?  Why is that really better? You still have to wait for a reload when u exhaust a clip.  How is that any different from a weapon swap? I don't think it should be instantaneous personally.   I guess I wasted my plat buying different holster positions for different weapons.  That means nothing now...

My friend, I have no clue how they come to that conclusion for you first question. Even the trailers all highlight melee more than anything. I really wish they would give us the toggle so both playing styles get to stay and everyone happy

Pros to Melee 2.99999999:

• Instantaneous transition from guns to melee
  • Combo Counter pauses when swapped to guns
  • Ability to aim ground slams.
  • Automatic blocking when in melee mode (no more holding down a button)
  • Much higher quality VFX

Cons to Melee 2.99999999:

• Blockgliding gone
  • Channeling is much more difficult
  • Lack of dedicated melee mode

Reasons why 2.99999999's cons are poor cons

• Channeling is being removed when 3.0 comes out fully
  • A lack of dedicated melee mode is inconsequential as the instant transition puts players into the dedicated melee mode and the only reason it is requested is because...
  • In the new system attempting the old Blockgliding transitions to guns, however, blockgliding in itself was an utterly useless action as its primary use was to close the gap between player and enemy, a maneuver much better performed by simply rolling towards the enemy.

Folks. Melee 2.99999999 is merely a portion of 3.0 and is just a portion of the system to come. Channeling is utterly useless without a dedicated mod, and arguably the only notable mod used in channeling is Life Strike. Channeling needs to go as it's an underused system that offers minimal reward for even bothering with it. It wasn't flashy, offered such meager rewards, and most importantly, drained energy that could be used for something a million times more valuable, like a single smite or soul punch. The only real loss here is Blockgliding, which in itself was very awkward looking and objectively useless. 

1 hour ago, CaptainMinty said:

• In the new system attempting the old Blockgliding transitions to guns, however, blockgliding in itself was an utterly useless action as its primary use was to close the gap between player and enemy, a maneuver much better performed by simply rolling towards the enemy.

and for players that mostly attack with melee, how else you want us to close the gap? guns? no we want to use melee and dive in with a melee attack whilst blocking and gliding to close the gap, you play how you play and we play how we play, both are equally important to each playerbase. 

2 hours ago, CaptainMinty said:

That's your opinion. I prefer block gliding over repeatedly rolling towards the enemy. I also use block gliding simply to move from one side of the map to the other, whether I'm moving towards enemies or not. Just because you prefer rolling doesn't mean others do.

On 2019-03-13 at 10:13 PM, (PS4)sealed_jsword1 said:

I'm looking forward to infinite air attacks. Crouching tiger style

Is this a thing?

They demonstrated being able to performs a full combo in the air on a recent livestream. DE Steve has said that he wants there to be more air juggling, too.

There's a good chance he's been playing some Devil May Cry 5 recently 🙂

On 2019-03-14 at 4:39 AM, 541K4T said:

As a MR26 with 1.7k hrs in game, more than half of my total kills came from melee. I had absolutely no problem with M2.0 except the long switching animation. And I used full melee most of the time. But the new system pretty much feels like it was put into consideration without any input from actual melee enthusiasts. That's why people like me having the biggest problem of adjusting to the new system. Also as Combos that utilized Block are currently non-functional, adding more woes to the melee players like me. Because you tend to click RMB out of habit and end up breaking the immersion. And there are many good combos that used to rely on block mechanics.

So what's the problem, lack of the block button? 

All I've seen it do is just allow quick melee to be even more effective/interesting due to full on combos being enabled from the get go. 

I didn't try the system on the first day as I was away but when I came back I didn't really have that much of an issue and easily adapted. It seems more streamlined. Just have to get used to the lack of a block button. 

When others have said they enjoy the new melee system, and they go into great detail about why they like it (as I've stated for me, it provides more flexibility and options and makes guns more appealing when before they felt clumsy to use and less viable as an addition to my overall kit), your counter argument is that those players must not be dedicated enough to melee because they want to include range into their playstyle. Somehow you've come to the rationalization that if anyone disagrees with you and somehow actually likes the new melee overhaul, that those players just weren't true melee players:

17 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

I think the issue here is that you aren't a dedicated melee player, so you don't understand the experiences of dedicated melee players and how they like to play the game. I say that because what you are describing is not a dedicated melee play style, and for that to be your favorite play style means that your favorite play style involves the use of both guns and melee.

20 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

I feel the same way. IntheCoconut doesn't really sound like a dedicated melee player, since he wanted, and wants, to switch to his gun. He's happy with the changes because that is now more seamless, however that's not how dedicated melee players typically play. We don't want to swtich to our guns. We want to do everything with melee.

And yet when people try to provide solutions, such as doing exactly what you describe and playing exclusively 100% melee only by unequipping primary and secondary guns, you say this:

18 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

It's extremely glitchy right now, though. And in the rare situation where you might want a primary/secondary as backup for high range targets, you don't have access to most melee functionality. What that means is that the game now prioritizes guns over melee, whereas with melee 2.0, you had access to full gun and melee functionality regardless of which weapon you had in your hand.

I understand that something being buggy or glitchy is going to lessen anyone's enjoyment. That is a completely valid point, but lets not forget that melee 2.9 came out only 8 days ago so its understandable that there will be some kinks to fix. But what I'm having trouble understanding is that you cast doubt on people and label them as not "truly dedicated" to melee because they want to be able to use guns, and yet when offered a solution to play the way you want without guns, you argue that it isn't a solution to your dilemma because now you can't use guns? What? I'm just trying to understand your problem better.

I'm not trying to be facetious here and I apologize if that is how I'm coming across, I'm just genuinely trying to comprehend your stance. Not enjoying 100% melee with the new system because it has bugs is understandable, but I'm getting confused because you don't think playing 100% melee is a solution because you can't bring guns, but you then turn around and tell players they aren't hard-core enough because they equip ranged weapons? Do you or do you not want to use guns?

In either case, I think you are right. I just don't understand your argument, and therefore I don't have a solution. Hopefully DE will find one for you as they continue to evolve this 8-day-old system, work out the existing bugs, and turn it into something that you enjoy better as we slowly progress into melee 3.0 where they introduce reworked combos and the overhauled channeling system.

Edited by IntheCoconut

9 hours ago, SilviaS12 said:

and for players that mostly attack with melee, how else you want us to close the gap? guns? no we want to use melee and dive in with a melee attack whilst blocking and gliding to close the gap, you play how you play and we play how we play, both are equally important to each playerbase. 

I literally gave the answer to closing the gap. Rolling. Rolling gives damage resist similar to blocking, and closes the gap better than blockgliding ever has. Not to mention directional ground slams give another new gap closer. 

And for starters, don't assume another's playstyle. I have preferred melee as well. Nothing beats smashing skulls in with a fiery mace imo. There's plenty of ways to close that gap between the enemy and the player. If anything with the removal of blockglide, it encourages players to roll more often, which is something they should do. Rolling provides a significant bonus of not only resisting a massive chunk of damage, but as well as repositioning in a much quicker fashion. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hamstertron said:

They demonstrated being able to performs a full combo in the air on a recent livestream. DE Steve has said that he wants there to be more air juggling, too.

There's a good chance he's been playing some Devil May Cry 5 recently 🙂

About time!

That's just about all we need to actually feel like a ninja

I find it hard to read that auto-block as a pro to Melee 2.9 so that you don’t have to hold a button is utter nonsense. That statement in of itself is a removal of a melee option, and an integral one at that. Aimglide without extraneous ADS should be a benefit. Aimglide blocking with controlled frontal DR should be a benefit. Controlled blocking at your command, whether it be with mods like Guardian Derision or Electromagnetic Shielding or with Warframe Powers like Toxic Lash Saryn, should be a benefit. Auto-blocking is a lazy implementation/automation that removes player engagement and disrupts gameplay due to auto-parry as an overriding animation for charged attacks is NOT a benefit but a detriment.

Whoever advocates for auto-blocking does not understand the full extent of its repercussions to melee play. 

1 hour ago, CaptainMinty said:

I literally gave the answer to closing the gap. Rolling. Rolling gives damage resist similar to blocking, and closes the gap better than blockgliding ever has. Not to mention directional ground slams give another new gap closer. 

And for starters, don't assume another's playstyle. I have preferred melee as well. Nothing beats smashing skulls in with a fiery mace imo. There's plenty of ways to close that gap between the enemy and the player. If anything with the removal of blockglide, it encourages players to roll more often, which is something they should do. Rolling provides a significant bonus of not only resisting a massive chunk of damage, but as well as repositioning in a much quicker fashion. 

rolling is just another way, whatever the case the player should have the choice to roll, block glide or aim glide, not how you say is best but how the player sees fit.

Edited by SilviaS12
mistaken post
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

That's your opinion. I prefer block gliding over repeatedly rolling towards the enemy. I also use block gliding simply to move from one side of the map to the other, whether I'm moving towards enemies or not. Just because you prefer rolling doesn't mean others do.

as if rolling is the only and best way because he says so and his explanation is all reason for block glide to be removed.

• Like 3