Customise Controller Melee/Fishing Conflict

(PSN)SilentMonarck

Hi, Not sure if this counts as a bug or request.

Recently my controller settings were reset (upon the removal of the classic control layout I think)

So I customised the controller so that R1 was melee (so I can aim glaives and other melee attacks) but now I cannot fish.

[Control Layout]

Previously when selecting a Rod, an alternative gear wheel would show when fishing. Now it prompts to hold R1.

[Issue]

I can't seem to find a way to set the "Fish Wheel" to come back, or to change the button press.

Is there something I am missing? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks

Have you reassigned the Power Menu? That's why it shows R1, happened to me on PC and figured that, because I decided not to use it (I use the Touchpad for powers and R1 for Melee too), I couldn't access any fishing or the same style submenus. Not using Power Menu -> Default -> R1 -> Key conflict.

I wish DE would add an alternative method to open it though: Using Powers is disabled while using these menus, so making Power A the first slot, B the 2nd and so on should fix it I believe.

Edited by NightmareT12

49 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Have you reassigned the Power Menu?

I didn't have anything assigned for the Power Menu as I didn't have space for it. I've set one now (but lost the ability to inspect) and can now fish.

I still prefer the fish wheel and would love to be able to select that as before

7 hours ago, (PS4)ElderDarkReaper said:

Previously when selecting a Rod, an alternative gear wheel would show when fishing. Now it prompts to hold R1.

Reset to defaults, maybe go back to save, and then set R1 to "Activate Selected Power", go back and Save. Fishing spear should now do gear wheel. Then you can customize the controls the way you want, such as move any actions around.

Settings R1 from "Ability Menu" into something else like "Crouch, Slide, and Roll", bugs out the fishing spear into thinking the ability menu is still there when it is not. I don't know why. I use controller on PC. Very annoying and it took me about 50 minutes to find out this is yet another bug in this game.