Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to the Buried Debts event?

VA4L

Yesterday everything was almost half complete and today the event is just gone. No announcement, no message, no rewards, no nothing just gone. I went to the cave to see if anything changed there but nothing happened. The hashes are also still in their places. Is the event cancelled?

Edited by VA4L

3 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

DE gave up and just auto completed it, but the next stage is not active yet.

Pretty much what it looks like, though the official story is its a visual bug.

But really, I think the community just didnt want to run around and find things to scan.

• Like 2

if it was something like the acolytes where you get to try and fidn them, hunt them, kill them, "maybe" get some goodies then people would probably be all over it, but a "find it and scan it" event?  for TINY little targets in a massive open world?   for no useful benefit?    and again mentioning it is about scanning, one of the most dull and boring activities second only to mining and fishing?

It was pretty obvious it woudl auto conclude, same probably happens to invasions or anything else they dont want to get stuck either by accident or by a group of players intentionally trying to be annoying.

• Like 2

Just now, Methanoid said:

if it was something like the acolytes where you get to try and fidn them, hunt them, kill them, "maybe" get some goodies then people would probably be all over it, but a "find it and scan it" event?  for TINY little targets in a massive open world?   for no useful benefit?    and again mentioning it is about scanning, one of the most dull and boring activities second only to mining and fishing?

It was pretty obvious it woudl auto conclude, same probably happens to invasions or anything else they dont want to get stuck either by accident or by a group of players intentionally trying to be annoying.

And the whole time there is another event, that involves actual combat, has rewards and a laid-out goal. An event that is also a giant time-sink, and will burn you out on the single map that both events take place on.

It amazing the community made as much scanning progress as it did.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

DE gave up and just auto completed it, but the next stage is not active yet.

They could have extended the time. There were initially 13 days of time to complete the event and not even half that time has passed. Looks like they did so to rush it because they need to release something faster?

Who knows how full their schedule might be.

Edited by VA4L

16 minutes ago, Phatose said:

And the whole time there is another event, that involves actual combat, has rewards and a laid-out goal. An event that is also a giant time-sink, and will burn you out on the single map that both events take place on.

It amazing the community made as much scanning progress as it did.

the grind is idd real and pretty mundane, i have 4 accounts, got the opticor event wpn on 3 accounts now, 1 more to go..... if i can be bothered, the pub groups are getting worse as more ppl have completed the event, but yeah having 2 things running at once in the same place wasnt a great idea.  At least on their lego indoors stuff the maps change a bit to alleviate the boredom, its pretty soul crushing on the outdoor maps after a while.

Last I saw about an hour ago, it's now a progress bar for sealing fractures. So it transitioned from scanning things to arbitrary community progress bar for sealing fractures if doing the 100 wasn't already enough (it still shows the 5, 25, 75, 100 rewards, but look just above and see a progress bar).

6 minutes ago, nslay said:

Last I saw about an hour ago, it's now a progress bar for sealing fractures. So it transitioned from scanning things to arbitrary community progress bar for sealing fractures if doing the 100 wasn't already enough (it still shows the 5, 25, 75, 100 rewards, but look just above and see a progress bar).

For me that bar was always there but it always shows empty saying Fracture Status: Control.

1 minute ago, VA4L said:

For me that bar was always there but it always shows empty saying Fracture Status: Control.

Oh, maybe it was always there. Been seeing lots of people running around with Opticor Vandal is bounties and Sorties... shouldn't that progress bar be filled a lot by now?

10 minutes ago, nslay said:

It was there before along with the "control" line. It was likely something that'd change once the community had done the scan/buried debts event. I don't think people will have to do more fractures to complete it.

Let me rephrase that, I really HOPE that we don't have to do any more of this tedious and incredibly boring event. I'd rather do the whole scan thing all over again.

Besides some must have done more of them since and there's not a single bit of white in that bar.