Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Flying

Stan_Eclipse

So we have Titania and Hildryn, both have the ability to fly/hover. So what’s with chroma? The chroma prime codex literally shows him in the air flexing those wings with the rubico prime and gram prime. I know a lot of my fellow Tenno(Chroma mains) brought up rework for chroma. The changes to him in the past has been meh but after seeing Hildryns abilities it has me thinking. Her 1 and 4 abilities is what we have been asking for chrome . Shooting a flaming ball that explodes looks a lot better than the spectral screaming that tickles sorties lv enemies. The hovering that Hildryn has would be great for his 4 ability instead of the screaming pelt that also tickles sortie lv enemies. Also chroma 2 and 3 ability should be combined two be one ability. Now I think this help chroma a lot of we changed these things. Now I think this ability change can make him feel more like a dragon. We can keep his 1 ability the same(buff). Combine his 2 and 3(a lot of Tenno have been asking for this). The screaming coat for his 3 ability( it kinda cool just needs a buff). His 4 ability would be Similar to Hildryn but with wings. Also when his 4 is active spectral scream turns into flaming balls of hate. I think these are reason not to crazy compared what some Tenno are asking for. So DE help this dragon out. If Spyro can fly so can chroma game of thrones dragon GIF                                                                                   

Edited by Stan_Eclipse
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Spyro is a dragon. Me wearing a suit made out of pigeon feathers does not let me fly.

A frame never intended to fly doesn't fly. Seems simple.

sadly this Chroma isnt so much a "Dragon" as he's a frame with a Pelt on, (litterly a suit without the meta pun.) )

they teased long long LONG ago 2015ish in the design consul of a "Quad-frame" (feral/on-all-fours)  i'm no founder (despite i started at that time, just couldnt fork up the 200USD) i only know from word of mouth and odds n bobs of forum conversations the guy would leak, Maybe if they bring that design up again they could give us a REAL dragon? not what... Chroma is, not this.. Faker..

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Spyro is a dragon. Me wearing a suit made out of pigeon feathers does not let me fly.

A frame never intended to fly doesn't fly. Seems simple.

I used to to think that but now we have a frame that looks like it can smack Vor out of the void(Hildryn). So if she can fly why not the frame that has wings. 

Edited by Stan_Eclipse

59 minutes ago, CaelThunderwing said:

sadly this Chroma isnt so much a "Dragon" as he's a frame with a Pelt on, (litterly a suit without the meta pun.) )

they teased long long LONG ago 2015ish in the design consul of a "Quad-frame" (feral/on-all-fours)  i'm no founder (despite i started at that time, just couldnt fork up the 200USD) i only know from word of mouth and odds n bobs of forum conversations the guy would leak, Maybe if they bring that design up again they could give us a REAL dragon? not what... Chroma is, not this.. Faker..

I do recall seeing design of quad frames. Hopefully it does surface again. I personally think a few tweaks to his abilities we might have real-ish dragon experience . It not like he can’t breather fire with out the pelt. He was introduced as a dragon frame back in 2015, so they might as well make it so he fits the title. Its not like revenant when he was first introduced as a vampire frame and we ended up with abilities not resembling a vampire

You know something? Yeah, why does the Zephyr Codex entry show her leaping onto enemies bare-handed? Where’s our bare-handed brawler Zephyr?

Or the Nekros Prime Trailer shows him raising a literal army of the dead, why only 7 DE?

How about the Banshee Prime where we see her 4 go out in giant Sin waves?

Or even in the same Chroma Prime codex, where he’s dual-weilding the Rubico and Gram Prime?

I mean, for RNGesus’ sake, there are plenty of reasons to make a frame get off the ground, but the Codex diorama has got to be the weakest one of them.

Effigy has wings, hovers, breathes fire. Chroma, the warframe wearing that bit of kit, does not have wings and can run around like any other warframe, but he also breathes fire because why not?

29 minutes ago, Dark_Chroma_Prime said:

everytime I see a rework to have chroma flying, I'm asking myself if I'm the only one who DON'T want it

No I definitely don’t think your the only one. I also didn’t care for him flying. It wasn’t till recently, after playing Hildryn I realized how here last ability could have gone to chroma. 

58 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Effigy has wings, hovers, breathes fire. Chroma, the warframe wearing that bit of kit, does not have wings and can run around like any other warframe, but he also breathes fire because why not?

That pretty much sums up why I think he should fly. Instead of just the pelt(effigy) why not the whole frame. Now not the whole zipping around like Titania(arcwing style) but more like Hildryn.

17 minutes ago, Dark_Chroma_Prime said:

everytime I see a rework to have chroma flying, I'm asking myself if I'm the only one who DON'T want it

I'm with you, and the same for Zephyr... There is nothing that flying would do for them that they don't already do.

I mean, both could use some work, let's be fair. Chroma should be able to element-shift as he goes, his Effigy should do less varied things, but do those fewer things better, and his Ward could use a serious mechanical buff... And Zephyr needs her 1 sorting out so that she has actual control of it (like using the new Hover to stop in the air... instead of squatting down for 3 seconds, on the ground... unmoving... the antithesis of what Zephyr does... before hovering in the air for an arbitrary amount of time based on that charge instead of a duration...), her Airburst needs to do better, and that 'synergy' with her 4 needs to actually do something.

3 minutes ago, Stan_Eclipse said:

That pretty much sums up why I think he should fly. Instead of just the pelt(effigy) why not the whole frame. Now not the whole zipping around like Titania(arcwing style) but more like Hildryn.

I said it briefly to our friend there, but here's the question; what does it do that Chroma doesn't do now? And more importantly does it interfere with anything Chroma does now?

So what does it do? It gets Chroma off the ground in a hover, where he can pick out targets singly with his weapons (rather than apply full damage using things like rifles, shotguns and snipers to hit through multiple enemies in a crowd using spread or punch through on those weapons). It makes him a big hanging target, which isn't actually all that bad because he wants to get shot. It doesn't do anything else because warframes are incredibly mobile and just bullet jumping and using normal movement is faster and easier to get around with.

What could this interfere with, in theory? His 1 and his 4. His 4 would deactivate it, because he's putting the wings somewhere else. His 1 would be suffering from range, and getting into range. Aforementioned damage output, not being able to take on enemies in clusters because of the plane of difference, not a problem if you're carpet-bombing with an AoE weapon, but could be pretty stupid if you're trying to use rapid fire, beam or shotgun weapons consistently. Melee would suffer, just as it does with Hildryn, forcing you into a mode where Melee would either be disabled or the button used to exit, and considering the recent melee updates, this isn't a fun thing.

And finally, what ability are you going to sacrifice to provide this? Are you going to remove half of the functions of Effigy to do it? Are you going to say it should be part of the passive? How is this actually going to work in the first place?

Because you have to consider; fun is one thing. Fun is when the game works and gives you a reward for performing an action, so that you want to do it again. If, however, that fun thing interferes with other, more fun and more rewarding things... you need to rethink how fun other players would find it.

Zephyr is an air-caster, she can literally jet through the sky for massive distances, and has reduced casting costs for being in the air. Do I think she should fly? No. Because it won't do anything for Zephyr that she doesn't already do, and do better.

Same with Chroma. Everything he does, he does better on the ground, that's how he works.

5 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

You know something? Yeah, why does the Zephyr Codex entry show her leaping onto enemies bare-handed? Where’s our bare-handed brawler Zephyr?

Or the Nekros Prime Trailer shows him raising a literal army of the dead, why only 7 DE?

How about the Banshee Prime where we see her 4 go out in giant Sin waves?

Or even in the same Chroma Prime codex, where he’s dual-weilding the Rubico and Gram Prime?

I mean, for RNGesus’ sake, there are plenty of reasons to make a frame get off the ground, but the Codex diorama has got to be the weakest one of them.

Nekros/prime thats a performance issue, more or less encountered an old glitch not long after we had TWW, i wound up while on tavuni summoning almost 90 shadows with 98% of em being those pesky dogs, it brought mine and the squad hosts's PC near screeching halt, it BSOD'd the other and outright caused the other who was on a laptop to Crash to Desktop. (same reasons Mirage Hall of mirrors has seen multiple nerfs/changes due to performance costs, hell before that you had reasons to abort mission if you saw a mirage join and they had a Kohm in their loadout as 99% the time they were a troll with the only goal to crash your computer causing an Out of Memory Crash, it was That Bad maybe now however with the new particle system in place, the elimination of DX9 holding back optimizations? who knows)

as for Chroma Dual weilding, theres always a Flair to the codex entries with some of their "Weapons of choice/Prime weapons" so i kinda think this was a bit over the top but still gave it over the top.

for Banshee's Sine Wave flowing Sound quake, you got me on that mightsee it one day if they go that far i dont see it as an any performance impact potential but might be related to the entire nerf that came from her set n forget /press 4 to snore, in how she was consistently used as such in Heline/Hydron (we've seen time and again DE hates set n Forget mentality. as well the press # to win, being which they did what they've done to Sayrn)

from diorama to namesake alone to why people want Chroma to fly.. when you hear Dragon, most the time you think of what you commonly know of a "Western" Dragon,and like all dragons, they FLY which outside "being on all fours" chroma atleast somewhat resembles more or less in his prime appearance than his non, from that alone, can you blame anyone for wanting to see him fly? (yes i do know this contradicts my own earlier statement just that i can understand easily from the view and moniker of him being the "Dragon" frame why its wanted for him to fly)

First... there was a bit of sarcasm in my initial comment, I get the feeling that you took that one a little seriously, but I tried being over the top with it...

Second;

53 minutes ago, CaelThunderwing said:

can you blame anyone for wanting to see him fly?

No, not in the slightest.

What I can do, though, is point out that there does have to be a reason for things like this. Warframes have to be practical first, so a theme is great, but practical application of game functions is always going to be the issue there.

It's why I don't want Zephyr to fly, just be more mobile, better than what we have. I don't want Chroma to fly, I want what he is to be better than we have.

Just now, Birdframe_Prime said:

First... there was a bit of sarcasm in my initial comment, I get the feeling that you took that one a little seriously, but I tried being over the top with it...

Second;

No, not in the slightest.

What I can do, though, is point out that there does have to be a reason for things like this. Warframes have to be practical first, so a theme is great, but practical application of game functions is always going to be the issue there.

It's why I don't want Zephyr to fly, just be more mobile, better than what we have. I don't want Chroma to fly, I want what he is to be better than we have.

that i whole heartedly agree with you there, Zephyr is mostly fine as is (just a bit more mobility is nice,) but as it stands Chroma needs a total rework (again) all you see him get mostly used for? Eidolon/Profit taker. something that makes him viable for all around use, something that makes him a god valid choice when your out n about doing bounties or sorties or just some random arse joe shmoe tile set. NOT 2 boss fights.

10 hours ago, Stan_Eclipse said:

I used to to think that but now we have a frame that looks like it can smack Vor out of the void(Hildryn). So if she can fly why not the frame that has wings. 

Kiwi have wings. Emu have wings. Eastern style dragons have wings, but clearly don't use them to fly.