Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how i think kubrows can be improved/reworked

the_llama_from_space

-general

Loyalty system needs to be reworked or removed

A way it could be reworked it is to combine it with dna degredasion also hafling the negetive efect it has on the kubrow, or giving a less negetive effect, aslo ading a visual efect of how far along you kubrow is in general dna degredasion would help with artisticly seeing the efect it has on your compainion and motivate to do it better, a atomatic system to apply dna stabelisers to the kubrow should be implemented, a system where you can set the time it is aplyed atomaticly by yourself for example (apply dna stabeliser every «12 hours» «24 hours» «36 hours» «42 hours» ect) a opsion to not have it atomaticly done should be added as well that howerver might be redundent to do so.

Better AI

Now lets adress the elephent in the room..or the kuborw curenty glitching out of the wall and geting stuck on stairs, it is no secrect that kubrows and kavats need better AI, as this thred is spesificly about kubrows i will be adressing there problems, kuborws are also the compainan i have the most experiance with.

1: better movent setts for attaks

Curently kubrows have attaks that mostly involve long animastions and winde up times, normaly leading to enemies alredy beeing kiled by the player before the kuborw can even finish there animasion, my sugjestion to fix this problem is to give kuborws new quicker animasions and attaks that more reflect how gameplay is curently pased, so they can stay up to speed with the teno and warframe attak wise (i will further adress this point for each indevudal kuborw type curently in the game) also giving them attaks that can efect more then one enemy at a time, not locking them in a animasion with a enemy giving them more opertunety to attak.

2: better pathing

Kubrows as of writhing are very prown to geting stuck on small bumps im the maps, stairs locking them in a almost endless runing animasion, even when surounded by enemies they will sometimes take a few minints to adress the danger around them (this goes back to the problem of slow attak animasions) a comen problem form my personal experiance at the very least is that kuborws can easly glitch themselfs in places the players cant reatch, clip out of the map bounds making them practicaly unrectebal and out of comision of the entierety mision, in my opinion giving kubrows a better AI pathing and awarnes with the tilest they are on, tho i do understand that this task is a large undertaking espesaly since making a AI that can do these things better is a dificult task but i belive it wold improve kuborws and make them better in general

Now before adressing each kuborw type induvudaly i have a few quick notes that i wanted to add but wherent big engough to warnet there own secions

-i bleive that the the abuilety mods that come with the kuborw should be a inate abuilety that the kuborw making them like warframe abuileties, opening more space for moding howerver i belive this should only aply to abuilety mods that come with the cuborw as of hatching, things like the strain set should not be efected by this as they are seperat from the base kuborw and more of a addone to the helment charger.

-mods like ferocity and savagery should be a universal abuilety avalible to all kuborws so any kubrow can prefrom finishers, giving them more opsions in balte.

-wile speeking of kuborw abuileties, i think they shoul be like comands you can give your cuborw or at least a hud indicator to tell wheter your kuborw has used a abuilety giving oversight of over cooldowns on the cuborw abuileties there leanght and refresh rate, though i do belive we should be able to switch betwean a «free mode» and «comand» mode so we can better direct when our kubrows use there abuileties increasing there use in general play.

-to keep up with kavats,moas and sentinals i think the curent kewborw types need a expanded abuiletie set or better buffs and utilety

-huras

Abuileties

Hunt.

-i think hunt could a bigger leanght of efect not forward but outwards example: during the charge any enemy within 3m will take 100 damage and prock a slash on the target and any other efected enemy.

Stalk

I think stalk can be simpley fixed by insted of actevating when enemies are near, actewating insted when the warframe croutches.

Also giving it a better indecator as to how long it lasts and when it can be used.

-raksa

Abuileties

Houl: personaly i feel this is a good abuiletiy and dosent really need any change, mabye a faster exeusion so the kuborw isent locked in a animastion, otherwise i think this abuilety still holds up

Protect: again a mostly good abuiletiy however i think the amout of sheld could be increased from 300 to 500.

-sahasa

Dig: faster animasion and larger erea efected per dig, mabye a higer chanse of diging up rarer matirials from the tileset it is on.

Ferocity: i think this should be removed and changed for someting more apropriet to the kubrow itself, like a giving everyone in a 10m radius a 10% buff to loot drops for 20s

-sunika

Savegry: i think this abuilety should be changed to a passive buff the kubrow can give to mele attaks.  

Unleased: curently this abuilety is rather redundent, i think the abuilety should be reworked in to a abuiletly that gives the kuborw a howl that gives you and your alies a damage buff example: the kubrow howls giving you and your alies a 5% damge buff in a 28m erea for 30sec.

-chesa

Abuileties

Nutrelise:  ether needs to be given a faster animasion to give it more use or this abuilety needs to be changed to do someting else, as i dont have a lot of experiance with this kubrow type i sadly dont know what could be done to better this abuilety.

Retrive: should be changed so the kuborw can pick up item on its own or that i can carry more then 1 item at a time to the player

-helminth

The helminth charger is curently the kuborw in the best place atm out of all the kuborws, however it still suffers from a lot of the same problems other kewborws do.

Abuiletes

-proboscis: curelty this abuilety serves more as a gimic for the helminth charger and wile this sometimes can be usefull and the helminth can imobelise dangeruos enemyes, it more often then not will drag normal grunts how are not as much a priorety to take down as a exemus or stronger units.

I think this can be fixed by

Leting the helminth shot 3 theders to draw enemies to it, increased damge the abuilety dose, making the helminth prioreties harder hiting and stronger enemies example: corupted bombard>exemus corupted heavy gunner>bombard>nox…ect

I think this would significantly improve the abuileties use.

Trample: curently its animasion its slow and much like the probiscus is more a gimic in its curnet state rather then a usefull skill the helminth can provide, however much like probiscus i think trample only needs a few changes to make it a lot better.

-add lingering efects where the helminth charger used the trample abuilety, lingering for some time and then exploding in a aoe efect attak example: when the helmith charger uses trample a small line o fintested grouths a left behind any enemy that stand on the infested ground will suffer 200 dmage per tic, after 10 sec the intested grouths on the ground will explode in a 10m radius dealing 500 damge to any enemy in range.

-get a similar priorety system as probiscius, however this priorety system focesing on grouped enemies gaining more use out of the abuileties, however this might be hard to implement

-the charge could also efect enemies by thedering them for a few seconds example: enemies in a 10m radius to the helmith charger wile it dose trample are imobelised by intested grouths for 8sec

I think these are one way to improve the helminth charger.

If you have come this far i thank you for reading my long poste, i also apolegic for my poor grammer and spelling english is not my first languge so its dificult for me to get everything right.

Plz if you have any thoughts on my sugjestions plz do provide them as id like to start a discusion, mabye you have ideas better then mine, all in all i dont exepct DE to read this or even consider anything ive writen here today, but ive been wanting to make a post about what i think can make kuborws better.

Again thank you for taking the time to read and i wish you a good day.

• Like 1