Sign in to follow this  
Oreades

Backroom door, why doesn't it operate like the quills?

By which I mean once you meet the criteria for entering, why doesn't it just open for you? 

The Quill door just opens for you so you can enter when you meet the criteria of being in your operator form, can the game not check your standing on the fly? I mean I suppose it makes sense from a cloak and dagger sort of angle that the door wouldn't "just open" so maybe that's it? I dunno I just like streamlining thing to remove unnecessary interactions and loading screens and that back room door kinda seems like an unnecessary player interaction to me.

• Haha 1

Cuz Eudico and Biz 🙂 They can't be in two different places in same time
Entering in that style is a like a entering a crew to backroom

Posted (edited)

I don't think you can technically see either of them from the door anyhow. 

Aaaaaand their model files are in two different places at the same time either way. 

**Yeah just had to go interact with Little Duck and there is 300% no way you can see Eudico from the back room door when it would automatically open. So there is no line of sight reason for the interaction to be a thing. 

Edited by Oreades

4 hours ago, Oreades said:

By which I mean once you meet the criteria for entering, why doesn't it just open for you? 

The Quill door just opens for you so you can enter when you meet the criteria of being in your operator form, can the game not check your standing on the fly? I mean I suppose it makes sense from a cloak and dagger sort of angle that the door wouldn't "just open" so maybe that's it? I dunno I just like streamlining thing to remove unnecessary interactions and loading screens and that back room door kinda seems like an unnecessary player interaction to me.

for one reason, this:

4 hours ago, Rin-senpai said:

Cuz Eudico and Biz 🙂 They can't be in two different places in same time
Entering in that style is a like a entering a crew to backroom

and also the 'unnecessary player interaction' is there with the quills too - by having you to go into operator mode first even before you can use fast travle to them. at least here little duck only won't do business with you when you talke to her in frame-mode... also don't be a lazy lard just because one little push of the action button ^^)

and then there is the 'cloak and dagger' feeling like you already said: not everybody is supposed to walz in there... yes, i know every player can go in, it's more... metaphorical speaking.

anyway, loading times surely doesn't were a reasons for the little storage room (i can really see any extra loading when getting in there).

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

for one reason, this:

Except they literally can be and they literally are, the only thing your'e doing is pretending that they aren't because you pressed X. It might make sense if you could see Eudico and Biz from the both sides if you stood at the door but you literally can't. So it's needless, there is nothing visually stopping it from simply opening and letting you through when you hit max Solaris Standing. 

and also the 'unnecessary player interaction' is there with the quills too - by having you to go into operator mode first even before you can use fast travle to them. at least here little duck only won't do business with you when you talke to her in frame-mode...

As irritating as Little Ducks refusal to interact with players unless they are in Operator mode (and it really is) there is a legitimate mechanical reason for it. That being it is plausible that a player could reach Max Solaris Standing before they completed The War Within and gained access to their Operator. 

Tho it would be kind of nice if the game would simply recognize completion of TWW and have Little Duck interact with you regardless of your form. Because at the end of the day it is an instance of getting out of the your frame to interact with one NPC just to get back into your frame. 

That said there is next to no reason to Interact with Little Duck unless you absolutely have to. Where there are more and more reasons for us to interact with the backroom and the associated bounties. 

also don't be a lazy lard just because one little push of the action button ^^)

Alternatively don't be a complacent lard because something is workable when the flow could be improved?

One press of a button you say? More like 

1. Press X to enter the Back Room
  2. Press X to select the table 
  3. Press X to select the Bounty Type 
  4. Press X to select the bounty
  5. Wait for ~3 seconds for the bounty to confirm and start playing the cinematic
  6. Spam M1(?) to skip the cinematic 
  7. Press X to exit the back room 
  8. Load into Vallis via the Elevator

That isn't one button and it could be reduced to

1. Press X to activate the table
  2. Select the bounty
  3. Load into Vallis Via the Elevator 

Even if you count speeding through the cinematic thats still a 50% reduction in needless player interaction prompts. 

and then there is the 'cloak and dagger' feeling like you already said: not everybody is supposed to walz in there... yes, i know every player can go in, it's more... metaphorical speaking.

Cloak and dagger aspect is still covered by the fact that it doesn't open until you max your standing, untill then it's a mysterious room of mystery, after that it's double tap X. 

(Edit: If they need to slather it with slightly more cloak and dagger, add in a red transparent overlay hologram that says ACCESS DENIED when you approach it below max standing)

anyway, loading times surely doesn't were a reasons for the little storage room (i can really see any extra loading when getting in there).

????? 

There is literally no loading, it's already loaded. If you're talking about when I said loading screens I was talking more about things like accessing Simaris which requires the payer to sit through ~3 Loading screens to use the Simulicrum. Not expressly referring to the back room.

Edited by Oreades

5 hours ago, Oreades said:

That said there is next to no reason to Interact with Little Duck unless you absolutely have to. Where there are more and more reasons for us to interact with the backroom and the associated bounties. 

i guess there will be later on though... hopefully...

Alternatively don't be a complacent lard because something is workable when the flow could be improved?

just a little tease, really - back in cetus i found it also irritating that we had to run up to the quill cave, get out of our frame and going in to talk... back then we didn't had the fst travel option for him.

that said, DE could have made the 'backroom' just the same way as the quill cave on cetus - we only get in there as operator... but then, this would also irritate people when they only want to do heist(s).

personally, i don't think the 'logic' being able to see eudico in 2 places at the same time had crossed the devs mind when they did it this way - more, like you said, that 'certain' players should not enter the room, yet. ofc, all this could be done by automated, client-based, triggers too, but this also would be a solution to many other 'inconveniences' the game has and it seems to me the devs don't like such solutions.

One press of a button you say? More like 

1. Press X to enter the Back Room
  2. Press X to select the table 
  3. Press X to select the Bounty Type 
  4. Press X to select the bounty
  5. Wait for ~3 seconds for the bounty to confirm and start playing the cinematic
  6. Spam M1(?) to skip the cinematic 
  7. Press X to exit the back room 
  8. Load into Vallis via the Elevator

ok you win - though point 8. shouldn't be on the list since we have to do this in any case (except if we could just get loaded out into the mission as soon as we accept it - which would be a novum in warframe... i think... ok beside some story missions, if the count).

Cloak and dagger aspect is still covered by the fact that it doesn't open until you max your standing

you sure about this? i think you CAN go in to talk to little duck before that... not sure though since i had my standing at max long before the back room or little duck was an issue (or maybe i just missed it before it became relevant...)

????? 

There is literally no loading, it's already loaded. If you're talking about when I said loading screens I was talking more about things like accessing Simaris which requires the payer to sit through ~3 Loading screens to use the Simulicrum. Not expressly referring to the back room.

yeah, misunderstanding then.