Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

troll doors should be removed

dyewithasmile

Maybe a compromise as I can see some people thinking they're needed to stop some people 'running off' on their own.

How about there is a timer added whereby if no one else triggers the other door it opens after 15-30 seconds from first press of the button.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Yes, plz....except for rescue, there it serves a purpose.

This, especially on sortie level (and that damned Lua rescue), where gates should require all players in session to be ready to proceed.

I love the locked doors, not everyone has speed mods equipped to just rush through missions.  Even with two people unlocking it they will go in and get slaughtered, leaving a mess for the other two, and usually failing the mission.  The doors help coordinate team work, and I do like it.  I wish they had more locked doors on Def and MD missions, I can't even count how many def or MD missions I've been in that failed because people just run off, and this is after people complained about the timers being too long, but still fail it with a 1min timer.  Even survival missions that are failed because people run off, with one or two people just sitting at the exit, lol.   If you remove all the controls to encourage team work, then what's the point of grouping up ? 

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

Maybe a compromise as I can see some people thinking they're needed to stop some people 'running off' on their own.

How about there is a timer added whereby if no one else triggers the other door it opens after 15-30 seconds from first press of the button.

Not sure if it's my imagination, but I kinda wanna say that I've waited around at a team door before and after the button press it eventually opened on its own.

I like the doors. This keeps a single person from blazing through the mission to the end while everyone else is far behind.

I actually would like a door that has as many locks as people in the squad before boss fights. I hate going in with someone to find out they are far and above my level and they kill the boss before I even get there.

NOPE!

• Like 1

A Double-lock door to the rescue room might be fine especially in Rescue Sortie, that is about the only good thing about it. The problem, they are over done and have other problems.

1. Random double lock doors to a dead end room. Interferes with trying to find acolyte or Syndicate medallions. The other player? They just go to extract and won't unlock door.

2. Double lock doors in exterminate, why? The bad: This slow down mission, possibly way too much to fail the mission from not able to kill any enemies for too long, from the other player fail to unlock double lock doors.

3. The hosting player could block UDP connection (PC: pull Ethernet or turn off Wifi), to disconnect other players to open locked door. With all other players disconnected, this "Friendship" door that opens with just 1 player, for sure, won't create any friendship at all.

Friendship doors could do with being a bit less random, Half the time they're not even on the main path, The purpose should be more as a ready check if players are ready to enter a area that can lead to possible failure, Why is rescue the only mission type to utilize them effectively while assassination and sabotage does not?