Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime build conundrum

(PSN)King-Ballor

Question

Hello I have a bit of a challange for the wise heads on this forum, I recently made frost prime, I liked his look, abilities looked powerfull and I also wanna pair him with ignis wraith and have fire and ice combo, but the build is a bit problem for me. I would like to use my most powerfull mods because well they are the most powerfull, but I dont have time nor forma to level him like 7 times, so I would like your imput what would you recomend. Im looking for build with good balance of using my good mods with not too many formas in. Mods that I have, which i consider my best are all 3 umbra mods, primed continuity, primed flow, transient fortitude, augur secrets. I dont have adaptation, I dont have blind rage and I dont have any other corrupted mods unfortunatly tho.

8 answers to this question

You want like flying without wings and driving without tires.

I'll try anyways: If you use all 3 umbra mods you'll have a very decent enough Armor and Healthpool for wither yourself and your bubbles. Imo Frost doesn't use Duration effectively so ignore Continuity. Transient is good. Augur Secrets and Power Drift are ok as well but may be too much. But add Fleeting Expertise or Streamline.

This still leaves you with enough space to either use Augments or left unused because you don't want to use Forma

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You want like flying without wings and driving without tires.

I'll try anyways: If you use all 3 umbra mods you'll have a very decent enough Armor and Healthpool for wither yourself and your bubbles. Imo Frost doesn't use Duration effectively so ignore Continuity. Transient is good. Augur Secrets and Power Drift are ok as well but may be too much. But add Fleeting Expertise or Streamline.

This still leaves you with enough space to either use Augments or left unused because you don't want to use Forma

yeah I know that I really should just grind for more forma and than forma frost himself those 5 6 times to get that best possible build, but right now is that time when there is too much games together with too much stuff to do at home and school that I have only like 30min to an hour a day to play warframe soo I kinda wanna have as much fun with as little grind as possible, not very clever in game that is all about grinding and farming, but well what can I say im crazy guy. But that build you posted looks good I will use it thanks.

My favorite Frost build is a high-Range & Efficiency Icy Avalanche spam build,
but seeing how you want to use a Status-y weapon on him (Avalanche prevents new procs), how 'bout this:

Corrosive Projection, Vigilante Pursuit (optional but so worth it)
Umbral Intensify, Umbral Vitality
Stretch, Augur Reach / Message
Streamline, R3 Fleeting Expertise
Primed Continuity, Ice Wave Impedance

Cheap Globes allow you to stack them easily, to rack up their Health without much need for Strength / Armor,
Augment'd Ice Wave gives you mass CC that freely allows hosing down enemies with your hand-held war crime 😄

Edited by NinjaZeku

u don't always need strength for frost. There is a better build for him indeed. The build is just range n eff with duration . No strength needed . u might need some forma or not. But put what u can from range n eff then some duration . When u have slots left then u can put health n shield mods . 

The build is for 4th ability only . So u can freeze all enemy in range for a short time . If u use it for globe then the bubble will not hold any damage . Because u need strength for bubble to be strong enough . And this build u don't want strength so only use this build for cc n helping u kill better . Not defense. Can be great for defense tho, u just use 4th ability to freeze all enemy so nobody will move. It's a very good build n can be useful in alot of ways. But for bubble build u need alot of strength , some range n eff. And health n shield mods.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)salem9080 said:

If u use it for globe then the bubble will not hold any damage . Because u need strength for bubble to be strong enough .

You kinda don't, stacking Globes will add the old Globe's health to the new one (repeat for up to 1 million health),
and again give you the 3-4 seconds invulnerability period during which enemy fire feeds Globe health.

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

You kinda don't, stacking Globes will add the old Globe's health to the new one (repeat for up to 1 million health),
and again give you the 3-4 seconds invulnerability period during which enemy fire feeds Globe health.

as i have said. ur brain is another trick to use :)

Rather than discuss mods, lets discuss stats. Although the avalanche mod is in my opinion a must.

You need mainly efficiency and either armor or strength for the snow globe. Health is also good.

Range is complicated, if your main point is defending objectives, then less is good, so that snow globe doesn't receive unnecessary fire, if you want to use Avalanche, then you'll definitely need some range. I just stuck with stretch only, for a balance between both.

On higher level duration becomes a dump stat, since the stun comes with enemy status immunity, making the stunned enemy almost immortal after a certain point.

Despite his appearance, Frost is not a caster like Volt, Saryn or Ember. He is a tank with zoning and CC. His abilities can't do proper damage in higher levels, even with 300+ strength, but their utility is unparalleled.