[DE]Rebecca

Coming Soon: Devstream #125!

Posted (edited)

One question.
Where's that infested heavy blade we saw 9 years ago on dev-stream 112?

Spoiler

Remember me?Screenshot_41.png

Edited by CaptainJLP
English* Edit #2: Picture.
  • Upvote 1

OMG I'm so excited for the new access!! Now I just have to pray to all that's holy that we get a simultaneous release across all platforms and Switch wont be left behind for a while 😞

My question: Since setting matchmaking ping limit to a comfortable amount isn't really a perfect tool, since a host can expect problems with connection after the initial game start, are you, or will you be ever considering dedicated servers to improve performance / host migrations and other issues players have to face every day?

Posted (edited)

Will you guys create an archgun silence mod please?

Will you guys let us navigate (with Ivara's navigator) the canister during phase 2 of exploiter orb fight?

Edited by BlindStalker

When do we get our hands on Primed Streamline?

When do you fix the bug with dual stat mods for beasts that you only get blast and corrosive damage with every mod combination (tested on Venari)?

And when will the deluxe skins for Equinox and Nyx be available in game? Are you still working on the Zephyr deluxe skin, because it was announced in 2016 and we still don't have it? Will there be sometime a deluxe skin for Titania? 

• Upvote 1

More Fist Weapons? 

Zaw Fist Weapons?

Warframe with Fist/gauntlet exalted weapons?

• Satisfied 1

Any plans for better damage numbers? they are really hard to read with how fast the game has become.

On the topic of the Melee rework: Will combos in general be getting a revisit? Currently certain combos are difficult to perform due to how attack speed changes input timing - namely pause and charge combos. Meanwhile, directional inputs other than forward and back are woefully unexplored.

Can manual blocking return, possibly in a dedicated melee mode that sacrifices weapon-switching flow in favor of more extensive options for melee combat? I dearly want Guardian Derision to be the best thing ever.

• Upvote 1

With melee 2.9997 it's not possible to aimglide with your melee equiped (along with other weapons like a sidearm for when you get downed). It's really awful when you're used to keeping your sword-stick-shield-whatever up to get some damage reduction while soaring towards your enemy, only to get shot in the face because you happen to switch to your gun.. (that might be out of ammo, have the wrong elements for specific enemy..)

So far I'm enjoying the changes (like parry popping up all over the place now when channeling - channeling stays on while switching weapons which is really cool too) and 98% is working and really cool, but when you tell me that melee 2.99997 will hamper your mobility because it's not possible to aimglide with your shield up anymore, you might not be breaking some eggs for an omelette, but for a delicious pancake  while there's egg over the ceiling..

So.. please "unfix" the switch to guns with right mouse or build an extra aimglide button..

Will Warframe finally begin to see balance changes?

"Balance is a conversation that we constantly have, and we see you having as well. For some people the answer is don't nerf things, buff everything else. This is the path of least resistance for us, as most of the player base is happy when we buff, and angry when we nerf. However this has a few side effects that impact the game as a whole. First, with more damage, the time to kill on enemies is lowered and the value of Crowd Control declines even more (Vauban?!). Higher max damage also means that players with the latest bells and whistles can easily kill bosses in an instant, and overcome any challenge with ease. The more your play, the easier the game gets!

So far we have been kicking the can down the road, accepting power creep and its consequences on the game - and often this game is a 'kill all the things' based game. We've mostly done nerfs on things that could be automated, required no player interaction or removed options from the game by making all other choices bad. We will continue to wrestle with this, but the most important part is when and if we decide major balance changes are needed, we will let you know and it will be the result of a lot of consideration. Design changes like this need to be more tempered and considered."

• Upvote 1

Your usual questions coming at ya' fast!

• Zephyr Deluxe when?
  • Railjack/Empyrean when?
  • Kingpin system I keep hearing of when?
  • Universal Shield-Gating when?

With the new player experience going on this year to better streamline what new players experience and will likely be able to know what they need to know to progress through the game, I am curious to know if there's also been any thought as to endgame content; i.e. content for veteran players who have already progressed past most, if not all, of the content already in the game. There's been talk about raids coming back maybe(!) in brief passing on other devstreams, but I am wondering if there's been any more thought on what other kinds of things you may want to include to retain veteran players.

Will Wisp get a full custom animation set or only run/sprint animations will be different from other Warframes ?  

K-Drives are nice and all but do you have plans for them to be more useful in the future ?

As Hildryn use shields as her main defensive tool to protect herself, when can we expect improvements to shields so i can replace that awkward vitality mod by redirection on Warframes that have more base shields than health ( make shields more viable ) ?

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the new orb mother fight. People are complaining that it isn't meta damage max with invincibility frames, but I'm glad to have a boss that fights more like a raid. I appreciate the change of pace. For my question, will you/did you watch Shy's pawstream?

Questions for Railjack.

• What all is customizable with it?
  • What kind of rooms can we expect coming with it?
  • What can we do with the interior?
  • Will I be able to fly to the front of the Railjack in my Archwing and see the person piloting it?
  • Will it be a seamless transition from inside to outside?
  • If the Railjack happens to get destroyed, do we have to rebuild it?
  • If the Railjack takes too much damage will there be a time limit to evacuate?
  • Will our pets be on board the Railjack with us?
  • Will the Dojo see some more love in the near future?