Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Update 24.5.0

[DE]Megan

34 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

1) We have Restored Arcanes not triggering from Exalted weapons across the board by reverting the change made in Update 24.4.0:

•  Dispatch Overdrive now applies to Garuda’s Talons when equipped.

I understand not working on Peacemaker because Mesa is functionally an unfun Aimbot, hell I named my Mesa loadout T.E.D.D.Y. after my favorite Fortnite STW ability that I use when I don't want to be bothered with dealing with Zombies. It's a "weapon" that barely requires player interaction.  

But I'm confused does this mean my Arcane Velocity Dex Pixia build is ripparonies because I really enjoyed the flexibility of not having to use fire rate modes and getting that occasional burst of DPS. If so it feels kinda not great because if I'm going to mod/Forma my Exalted gear why am I not getting applicable Arcane bonuses on top of already not getting Mastery XP for it?

Or am I just really reading that wrong and it means we're getting the triggering back? 

37 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Elemental Beast Companion Mods not allowing all Status combinations. 

OMG Thank you that has been driving me absolutely crazy since they where added ❤️

As explained in the feedback thread, adding a dash to Hildryn does nothing as we have Operators who can Void Dash. Enter Aegis Storm, enter Operator, Void Dash thrice, enter Warframe. Free movement. What makes the mentioned Augments special in this case is the fact they don't increase channeling costs. Mesa can move at a slower pace, as can Nyx. Banshee has an increased cost, but no longer channels the ability. Hildryn channels her ability. Mesa and Nyx can move for free at reduced speeds, with Mesa being able to easily out  move both Hildyrn and Nyx since she can dodge roll. Ivara's Prowl reduces movement to a crawl, but doesn't increase the channel cost. I could go on and on. Aegis Storm is a terrible ability, adding a costly dash isn't going to make people want to use it more. Heck, I'm sure most of us would settle for a complete buff to the ability if you absolutely have to have the 50 shield drain to dash. As it stands right now, there's little reason to use Hildryn as a crowd control Warframe. Not because the enemies are easy to kill, but because her cc is garbage. Either free movement/serious buff for Aegis Storm, or like the elevator in Fortuna, this function will be quickly forgotten about.

When you nerf things, players aren't happy, and for good reason. It means you take something loved by the players, and turn it to a digital paperweight. So while I understand why you need to do this with the Arcanes, please think carefully about how you handle it. Arcanes in general are garbage. There's literally no reason to many Arcanes right now, unless they are Arcane Barrier, Arcane Energize, Arcane Grace. Nerfing Arcanes only make these three more powerful and the others less useful, while nerfing the three mentioned will cause outrage from the players who spent 1,000 plat or more getting a single copy of these Arcanes. The only thing you can safely do is to buff the other Arcanes, as any other action would prevent build creativity, or anger players.

The rest is cool, I guess. Still downloading the update so can't comment on the gameplay changes. Only skin I really want is the Garuda one.

32 minutes ago, kxZyle said:
42 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Balance is a conversation that we constantly have, and we see you having as well. For some people the answer is don't nerf things, buff everything else. This is the path of least resistance for us, as most of the player base is happy when we buff, and angry when we nerf. However this has a few side effects that impact the game as a whole. First, with more damage, the time to kill on enemies is lowered and the value of Crowd Control declines even more (Vauban?!). Higher max damage also means that players with the latest bells and whistles can easily kill bosses in an instant, and overcome any challenge with ease. The more your play, the easier the game gets!

Is.. is this supposed to be a bad thing?

would be totally normal for a singleplayer game, but kind of "counter-productive" for online games if u eventually "beat" the game

54 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Balance is a conversation that we constantly have, and we see you having as well. For some people the answer is don't nerf things, buff everything else. This is the path of least resistance for us, as most of the player base is happy when we buff, and angry when we nerf. However this has a few side effects that impact the game as a whole. First, with more damage, the time to kill on enemies is lowered and the value of Crowd Control declines even more (Vauban?!). Higher max damage also means that players with the latest bells and whistles can easily kill bosses in an instant, and overcome any challenge with ease. The more your play, the easier the game gets!

So far we have been kicking the can down the road, accepting power creep and its consequences on the game - and often this game is a 'kill all the things' based game. We've mostly done nerfs on things that could be automated, required no player interaction or removed options from the game by making all other choices bad. We will continue to wrestle with this, but the most important part is when and if we decide major balance changes are needed, we will let you know and it will be the result of a lot of consideration. Design changes like this need to be more tempered and considered. 

I can not stress enough how long I've been waiting to hear something about that.

Power Fantasy has to go. It never added to anything. It only detracted from the multiplayer experience.

37 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

The more your play, the easier the game gets!

THIS! is what makes Warframe stand apart from other games in the genre. THIS! is what has incentivized me to collect everything in the game. Warframe is a game about collecting all the tools needed to be unstoppable. Other games have you grind to be able to even attempt harder content. Warframe has you grind to be able to take on harder content faster, easier, and make you feel like a God doing so. I am going to say right now and I think (hope) the community feels the same way that we absolutely do not want in any way, shape, or form the game to become a bullet sponge game like Destiny, Anthem, or The Division. Being able to one shot an Eidolon limb or Orb Mother leg just feels so damn good and there is nothing wrong with that. Being able to see a large group of high-level enemies and teleporting a metric ton of bullets into them in less than a few seconds killing everything in front of me is one of the best feelings in gaming. Don't you dare take that away from me.

I am glad that room one-shotters got a nerf. The game has complicated mechanics which cannot be used if there is one "MESA PRIME MAIN" (always funny seeing people saying they "main" the prime lol) who nukes the whole tile leaving no enemies for you to use your abilities and combos on!

P.S. Sorry ,not sorry. Learn to play the game! Not press 4 and 360 everything.

A little bit off topic, suggestion for a tiny change:

• While in 'Interception' missions, slight UI change for captured points (A, B, C , D) would be welcome, to center on them on screen, since I think it would reduce eye stress over time.

That said, people would be more visually aware of which points are being / are captured by tenno/enemy, as opposed to refering to tiny icons each time on their left side.

Percentage numbers (captured / capturing x %) can appear under each point, when in its range. 

As illustrated > green - captured (tenno), red - opponent;

While being captured by: 

• tenno > reducing opponent (red) > white (midpoint) > green (captured)
  • opponent > reducing green (2x speed) > red (captured)

N4qCHhw.jpg

39 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

While players have restored functionality now (i.e Mesa + Arcane Velocity), it won't be a true solution if you don't know the dev teams intention. We unintentionally broke some arcane interactions and let it ride when we shouldn't have. We're fixing that today! We do think there are some balance issues remaining but it is not our intention to use side-effects to solve. 

Thank you, DE, for doing the right thing here.

39 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

So far we have been kicking the can down the road, accepting power creep and its consequences on the game - and often this game is a 'kill all the things' based game. We've mostly done nerfs on things that could be automated, required no player interaction or removed options from the game by making all other choices bad. We will continue to wrestle with this, but the most important part is when and if we decide major balance changes are needed, we will let you know and it will be the result of a lot of consideration. Design changes like this need to be more tempered and considered.

And it's nice to see that you at least acknowledge that there is in fact a problem.  While I was quite strongly against the original bug-turned-feature of removing Peacemakers' ability to proc Velocity, I am certainly not against giving Warframe as a whole the balancing it truly needs.  Removing the interaction here and now, when there are so many other crazily overpowered things and when Mesa doesn't even need the interaction to be an all-slaughtering demigod, simply made no sense. 

The above are just words, but if you hold true to these words and act upon them, DE, you'll have done a noble thing, and proven once and for all that you aren't nearly as out-of-touch with your game as it sometimes seems you are.  I do hope that one day these balance changes will come, not just killing one or two fun if overpowered interactions, but the massive, sweeping, and widespread changes that, while potentially painful, will be absolutely necessary to help bring this great game back to some semblance of true balance.  And when that day does come, well, this is one Tenno who will be happy to bullet jump headfirst into the storm and see what awaits.

13 minutes ago, Dreyloxion said:

I wanted to make sure to verify that this actually meant NO MELEE AT ALL WITH ARCHGUN OUT, which it does.

Prior to Melee 2.9 we used to be able to Quick Melee with the Archgun out.

After the patch, I outlined buggy interactions with melee and the Archgun. (Attached the topic)

For some reason development has taken the direction of removing more play diversity.

Why?

Simple. Melee with an Archwing weapon didnt match their "vision" so #*!% your fun harmless bug in a PvE game. You're going to play exactly how they want you to. Shame most Arch guns dont do much better than normal weapons at sortie levels (most actually do worse). I personally dont see the the advantage of taking out an archgun for ground combat as they are now anyway (aside from Orb Mothers).

8 minutes ago, Duduminador said:

I can not stress enough how long I've been waiting to hear something about that.

Power Fantasy has to go. It never added to anything. It only detracted from the multiplayer experience.

The day the power fantasy goes, is the day I and many, many other players go.

6 minutes ago, xMarvin732 said:

For Orbiter or where?

Go in Nightwave Acts, and unselect the tick at Orbiter Radio

I'm talking about her chiming in whenever you complete an act (Like opening 20 lockers). I really just don't like Nora or the Operators chiming in on the missions with the same three or four lines every fifteen minutes (more often in the case of the Operators), or Nora at all for that matter.

"Checking for new content" at 9kb/s in France... I usually update much much faster. Is it coming from you ?

Alright, it updated, but it took 40min while I usually update like in 5-10min depending of the weight of the update.

il y a 2 minutes, PsychoSunshine a dit :

I'm talking about her chiming in whenever you complete an act (Like opening 20 lockers). I really just don't like Nora or the Operators chiming in on the missions with the same three or four lines every fifteen minutes (more often in the case of the Operators), or Nora at all for that matter.

They reduced Nora's transmissions again, in patch notes. I guess it can't be completely removed 😉

Just bought the Saryn Blade of the Lotus skin, buuuuuut I didn't get the helmet that's supposed to come with it. I have the skin itself, but the helmet isn't in my inventory, or in my arsenal to equip. I got the Nidus skin that just dropped as well, but it gave me both parts without an issue. Any idea what's going on?

Archived