Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Update 24.5.0

[DE]Megan

Toasty update.

3 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

K-Drive Race Standing has been doubled!

• Standing gained per Gate is now 200
  • Max Standing gained per Race is now 6000

This could've been better; why not remove that pesky 3000 Trick score cap as well as giving more Affinity through Tricks since K-Drive leveling is painfully slow.

4 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Your global Data Hash scanning has not gone unnoticed, Tenno. As a Community, you’re close to cracking the code, but not close enough, and that’s our fault. Our predicted end goal was determined to be unreachable in a reasonable amount of time, so we’ve made some manual data tweaks to allow Scans to progress the Operation at a quicker rate to get everyone closer to the next climactic stage. We’ll be mindful moving forward of these end goals for similar Operations.

Nice, Thanks for being upfront about it and the issues. At this point I just think it's funny not something to get worked up over and it's a good learning experience. 

7 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Removed an unintended projectile launch on the 2nd charge attack of the Tatsu. This feature (as many have already determined) is unfinished, and will be revisited in the near future. Possibly tied to a certain Warframe..

ythoooooooooooooo, it's Revenant's baby alooooooooooone

EDIT: okay wait a minute i misinterpreted, i get it now and i like the sound of that

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed being able to Quick Melee when you equip an Archgun with either a Primary or Secondary equipped before that. 

Hang on, does that mean we're not supposed to be able to melee with archguns? Because that's a terrible idea that needs to be reverted ASAP.

9 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Balance is a conversation that we constantly have, and we see you having as well. For some people the answer is don't nerf things, buff everything else. This is the path of least resistance for us, as most of the player base is happy when we buff, and angry when we nerf. However this has a few side effects that impact the game as a whole. First, with more damage, the time to kill on enemies is lowered and the value of Crowd Control declines even more (Vauban?!). Higher max damage also means that players with the latest bells and whistles can easily kill bosses in an instant, and overcome any challenge with ease. The more your play, the easier the game gets!

Is.. is this supposed to be a bad thing?

14 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

1) Between Thursday and now - we've had issues internally on intention, which are typically the hardest to communicate when we're also trying to diagnose a bug. As of now, players know we may intend to keep Arcane Velocity from working while Mesa is in Peacemaker

sssooo let me get this straight then....just because you guys dont want us to have super high fire rate of Mesa's PM, you take away one of the better syngerizing arcanes for her? you may as well take all arcanes that increase attack speed or fire rate to to ultimates from the other arcanes as well then 😐

unless the arcane was procing while in PM and THEN ramping fire rate up and that is what was fixed? i couldnt tell as I always proced the arcane first, then swapped to PM.

24 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Upon picking up a Datamass, a Melee to gun swap will automatically equip your Secondary weapon instead of your Primary weapon, which would make you drop the Datamass.

Was literally just looking for the melee feedback thread.

Does this fix:
* going without a secondary (i.e. primary + melee),
* picking up a datamass (equips melee+datamass), and then
* aimgliding (equips primary)
* dropping the datamass?

Arcane Change/Fix:
As often happens with Mainline - unexpected bugs popup... We want to go into detail about what happened between Thursday and now, what's being fixed, and what next steps are:

Appreciated.
Just buffing everything causes number inflation. Aside from that, in the context of 'relative stats', there's no difference between just buffing everything, or buffing and nerfing, so long as you're working towards a consistent goal.
(Which World of Warcraft update was it when Blizzard globally slashed all player damage and mob HP by a factor of 10 because bosses were already sitting at overflow threshold?)

I don't know who's responsible for these, but please tell them I love them.

Archived