[DE]Megan

Buried Debts: Update 24.5.0

So, uh, you guys really screwed the pooch by making Hildryn unobtainable for a long time based on the community not doing a super boring and tedious task. Hopefully you have learned from this and will not replicate it in the future because hot damn does it suck for those that didn't buy her with plat (but great for the devs)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Encountered a bug where if you were to swap the polarities on a gilded zaw such as Dokrahm which comes with a Madurai stance polarity that polarity will vanish and become blank after accepting the changes.

16 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Possibly tied to a certain Warframe...

No thank you.

Stuff like passive status effects (more ammo, extra CC) tied to the Warframe are fine since it synergises with the equivalent frame for more power but doesn't make the weapon significantly worse when used on its own.  This, however, is an extra move, required to unlock the full depth of a weapon. I'd rather stuff like that not get attached to a Warframe.

That said, giving the passive an extra buff when used with the corresponding frame would be cool - for example a guaranteed radiation proc, especially useful considering it's a status weapon. You still have the extra depth of the special move on all frames, it's just better with the corresponding Warframe.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, PsychroPhoenix said:

Thanks for reverting the Arcanes.

I want to once again stress this: Arcanes are a super endgame minmaxing item for people who already have everything, they're the smallest possible issue when it comes to power creep. Let us have our fun with them, otherwise what's the point of these rare things if they don't allow you to become "even better"?? Peacemaker already kills fine without velocity, it kills fine with, but these past few days I found myself extremely pissed off at having wasted 400 plat on velocities a few months ago simply because I wanted to have the FASTEST speed possible in the game and you took that away from us and intended to keep it that way for, frankly, stupid reasons.

The cherry on top was that you could still trigger arcanes with other weapons, then swap to your exalted and get the effect, it was merely adding extreme clunkiness.

Please think more carefully next time before you intend such misguided nerfs.

Your other nerfs on "automated abilities" are actually fine, like the Ember nerf - in principle.

But regarding this, you actually have to evaluate whether you overdid it (as you did in Ember's case) and then give some attention to those nerfed things.

Please rework Ember, her 4 is so bad now, I suggest removing the mana cost and shrinking range on it and making it set herself on fire, too, instead, that would also synergize with her passive. Tune the numbers so she can stay alive for a while if she manages the burn carefully, but can't keep it on indefinitely without healing. (and ofc this burn needs to disregard status effect immunities)

I agree but disagree somewhat.  They do have some powercreep (like guardian giving 600 armor to squish frames, yeah - that's a bit powerful), or energize on frames like ember/equinox/titania allowing them to keep their 4's up forever. 

And like I said in another post, if they want to balance things they need to do it collectively on warframe as a whole and not bit by bit.

So I just purchased the new Garuda Tennogen skin and apparently I didn't receive the helmet (reloading the game didn't help either), anyone else have this happen?

zQkLRTp.jpg

IKbtRsL.jpg

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, hs0003 said:

Awesome we got some mobility this quickly! I still hope we'll get a held dodge akin to a helicopter going full tilt at the cost of continuous shield drain. 

This.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Drahk Master permanently stealing weapons from Clients.

i still don't understand why  Drahk Master can steal weapon from Rhino when he using Iron Skin! 

But really thanks for the update and for the great work !

22 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed being able to Quick Melee when you equip an Archgun with either a Primary or Secondary equipped before that.

I liked being able to quick melee with an Archgun. If you're fighting the Profit Taker and have your Archgun out, being able to meme strike the adds then immediately go back to using Archgun is a huge QoL improvement. Having to open up the gear wheel to get rid of the Archgun just to use other weapons is annoying. 

11 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

While players have restored functionality now (i.e Mesa + Arcane Velocity), it won't be a true solution if you don't know the dev teams intention. We unintentionally broke some arcane interactions and let it ride when we shouldn't have. We're fixing that today! We do think there are some balance issues remaining but it is not our intention to use side-effects to solve. 

Balance is a conversation that we constantly have, and we see you having as well. For some people the answer is don't nerf things, buff everything else. This is the path of least resistance for us, as most of the player base is happy when we buff, and angry when we nerf. However this has a few side effects that impact the game as a whole. First, with more damage, the time to kill on enemies is lowered and the value of Crowd Control declines even more (Vauban?!).

I'll say it again. The whole point of Eidolon hunting and farming arcanes is to make things stronger and better. Nerfing them makes them pointless. Here's an easy solution; just leave them alone. You want plat sales for arcanes to tank? Wanna make the Eidolon farming community mad? Then feel free to nerf them.

As for Vauban, I don't know, maybe give him a rework like people have been asking for?

Also, buff the Tatsu. I'm guessing it's "passive" was part of Wisp's abilities. And fix Ivara's gross cobweb skirt back to the way it was. That better not be intentional, and I really hope Wisp looks and moves exactly like she did in the devstream otherwise the reaction to this arcane mess is gonna look tame in comparison.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

24 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

First, with more damage, the time to kill on enemies is lowered and the value of Crowd Control declines even more (Vauban?!).

Could you just rework him as well as Wukong and dont make excuses you nerf Arcanes bacause of CC?

Do you really want players just to run around with Arcane Energize and Guardian? Cuz this is what is happening now.

• Upvote 4

there bug that still not had issued.

when dying while equipped arch-gun, after got rescue arch-gun is gone but u cant re equipped arch-gun unless u died and revived your self.  

2 minutes ago, Talevon said:

So I just purchased the new Garuda Tennogen skin and apparently I didn't receive the helmet (reloading the game didn't help either), anyone else have this happen?

Had the same thing happen to me as well!

So I just bought the new Mesa tennogen and didnt get the helmet part. I assume this is a bug?

THANK YOU FOR THE MELEE FIX!!!! I'm going to log in shortly and try it out. EXCITED to play again!

Just a suggestion:

Maybe have Hildryn automatically equip Balefire (removing shield drain over time, but leaving drain per shot fired) upon activating Aegis Storm (since it's technically the only weapon she can really use in that mode). *shrugs*

Just now, Greasytengu said:

Had the same thing happen to me as well!

+1 on nidus and mesa

Just now, Lassie said:

So I just bought the new Mesa tennogen and didnt get the helmet part. I assume this is a bug?

I just had the same thing happen a few minutes ago with the Garuda skin.  If you had it happen with the Mesa skin it looks like it's a bug then.

I liked Hildryn's protective thighs crackling with power. Can we maybe get a toggle for these sorts of things instead like how we have with the mandachord because haters be damned, I want my powerful thighs to sound powerful.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Buried Debts: Update 24.5.0

• Fixed Elemental Beast Companion Mods not allowing all Status combinations. 

Thank you very much!! Just tested and it has been fixed!

hace 28 minutos, [DE]Megan dijo:

Coolant Raknoids now pop their backs on death - delicious!   

Yaranaika face after each pop

For The love of God. I'm a melee main that have stopped playing warframe because why would i want a feature such as Auto-Block. This reduces warframe to an "automated game". i want to manually do everything, i do not want to auto block. Can you please leave an option to turn of Auto block. You are basically forcing us to have "Toggle ON, at all times.This is just ridiculous. Before Phase 1, I loved the melee system and is a true melee main, i had no problem with this system because i had Fire/Aim on Left/Right Mouse Button and when i switched to melee I had Melee/Block on Left/Right Mouse Button. This was EXTREMELY optimal and now i can't play this game after 6 years because someone decided to make such a drastic change. This is just ridiculous and i would like to see my old system be an option. Because if i  wanna manual block i can't carry a gun. What Type of System is this? The Advanced player gets punished while the casuals reign supreme as always. This is the way OF DE it seems. Before you change a system why don't you speak to someone like me that actually MELEE's. Instead you look at a broken system like SPIN2WIn and you don't fix that but you instead fix something that wasn't broken. This is outrageous. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

20 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Balance is a conversation that we constantly have, and we see you having as well. For some people the answer is don't nerf things, buff everything else. This is the path of least resistance for us, as most of the player base is happy when we buff, and angry when we nerf. However this has a few side effects that impact the game as a whole. First, with more damage, the time to kill on enemies is lowered and the value of Crowd Control declines even more (Vauban?!). Higher max damage also means that players with the latest bells and whistles can easily kill bosses in an instant, and overcome any challenge with ease. The more your play, the easier the game gets!

buffs are better than useless nerfs. enemy scaling and reworking bosses could also help with the "OP problem". CC frames arent played because you need a team. current warframe is all about who is the biggest egoist "cmon lets join with inaros or nidus in this survival mission because I cant go for 20 mins without them" The game and "these op things" arent the problem.

28 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

so we’ve made some manual data tweaks to allow Scans to progress the Operation at a quicker rate to get everyone closer to the next climactic stage.

why? let us fail when we cant do it in time. we have to earn something to feel great about it. everything for free wont change anything