Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 15 Now Live on PC -- What to expect on Consoles!

[DE]Taylor

47 minutes ago, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

how dare you hold back console updates go back to your mario kart

I’m sorry you feel that Switch is holding back TennoGen Round 15 but are you seriously getting upset over this? It’s cosmetics, it’s not like it’s a big content update or something. Yes TennoGen is always nice to have but come on bro. Just be patient and enjoy the Buried Debts update 🙂

On 2019-03-23 at 12:57 PM, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

I’m sorry you feel that Switch is holding back TennoGen Round 15 but are you seriously getting upset over this? It’s cosmetics, it’s not like it’s a big content update or something. Yes TennoGen is always nice to have but come on bro. Just be patient and enjoy the Buried Debts update 🙂

There's a reason fashion frame is called end game. When you reach the point in the game people like us do skins are a big deal. It's painful to see all these awesome skins being created and not knowing when or even if you'll get them at all. It takes all of the hype and excitement out of tennogen for consoles altogether and makes us not care about it and makes it brutally obvious that consoles are just an afterthought since we're still missing a ton of stuff from even the first few rounds including some amazing helmets and skins for frames like Excalibur and nova. I get that it's up to the creators too but that's no alternative for us console players and the console exclusives don't really make up for it when the tennogen stuff is immensely better and more unique. Every console skin is just "here let's slap the console colors on with a cool animated effect and call it a day and just reapply it to a random item every few months, then occasionally give them a unique syandana or something."

• 3 weeks later...

I have to ask.. Can you explain what this actually means, as there's now a Round 16 deadline and we're still not even sure if we'll see the final R14/15 items on console?

Is TennoGen dead on console, and no matter the answer - can you explain why it's causing so much issues to release it? You literally just said "we'll do things differently!", and so far we don't know what that means, other than ½ year+ delay for some items

It's frustrating seeing staff share cool new TennoGen they get to use on social media, and we're just left in the dark "Will we see it sometime?"

Fully aware PC is of higher priority, I'm not upset or offended by that at all - but you didn't actually explain what "different" means

Is it different in the way PC will get the items, and consoles won't?

And why? It's certainly not a tech issue, so it must be related to the Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo, and the whole pricing of these items and such. If you really have to limit our TennoGen, can we at least get some variation of it - so rather than get 10 Excalibur and 5 Mesa skins, we get for frames with hardly any customisation in terms of skins/helmets?

• Like 1

we were told that tennogen would selected a little differently and would arrive in small batches (few selected items at a time)

so far  my experience has been

- longer waiting time

- for less tennogen items

so far im not impressed by this new "tennogen idea DE came with"

On 2019-04-12 at 5:36 PM, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

Is it different in the way PC will get the items, and consoles won't?

And why? It's certainly not a tech issue, so it must be related to the Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo, and the whole pricing of these items and such. If you really have to limit our TennoGen, can we at least get some variation of it - so rather than get 10 Excalibur and 5 Mesa skins, we get for frames with hardly any customisation in terms of skins/helmets?

I found the post below pretty enlightening. If console tennogen has to be bought outright by negotiating with the creators for release on each console, a curated list of the "better" selling PC items makes sense. Not getting everything is disappointing but understandable...and I'd rather be able to buy a subset with plat than everything with $, shrugs.

• Like 2

Thank you for linking  this, it does make a lot of sense now why there's these issues then.

Honestly though, I wish they'd focus on the creators making collections and content for frames with a lack of customisation options. Obviously, there's always new collections starting out, but they can then see how well it does on PC first.

Because the reality is, some frames have a crazy amount of options, whereas others have a helmet - maybe two if lucky. Skin if veeery lucky. I understand it depends on what people actually create, too (hence Mesa suddenty got lots of skins), but.. Like maaaybe put a pause on Excalibur for instance.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

I found the post below pretty enlightening. If console tennogen has to be bought outright by negotiating with the creators for release on each console, a curated list of the "better" selling PC items makes sense. Not getting everything is disappointing but understandable...and I'd rather be able to buy a subset with plat than everything with $, shrugs.