[DE]Rebecca

Operation: Buried Debts: Escalation

Devstream125_NewsHeader.png.jpg

Good work, Tenno. You’ve unearthed the secret lurking below known as Deck 12. But be wary, The Exploiter Orb Mother and a host of skittering Raknoids have made the platform and the surrounding area their home. It will take strength, fortitude and teamwork to destroy The Exploiter and avenge the fallen Solaris. Are you up to the challenge?

What You Need to Know:

Deck 12 is unlocked - if you know where to look. Work with Solaris United to take down The Exploiter while Operation: Buried Debts is still active! Every Diluted Thermia resource you’ve harvested will allow you an encounter with The Exploiter, you can stockpile, share, and more! You’ll only be able to take part in this event for a limited time, so be sure to take on The Exploiter or you’ll have to wait until Thermia Fractures re-appear.

The Plan:

The Exploiter has the ability to summon a powerful blizzard around itself, whipping up winds that can freeze you solid if you’re not careful. You must find a way to weaken the Orb Mother’s chilling abilities, pick apart its defenses, and ultimately settle the score.

The Rewards:

Defeating The Exploiter gives you a chance to earn:

• Hildryn Chassis Blueprint
  • Hildryn Neuroptics Blueprint
  • Hildryn Systems Blueprint
  • Lazulite Toroid: A rare resource that is prized by Vox Solaris, trade it in for Standing!
  • Exploiter Orb Articula: Add a miniature Exploiter Orb Mother decoration to your Orbiter
  • Shocking Step Ephemera Blueprint: Craft this Ephemera to add a striking effect to your footsteps
  • Freezing Step Ephemera Blueprint

FAQ:

*How often will I have a chance to acquire Hildryn's blueprints?*

We've set up Hildryn in this event to be similar to Baro Ki'Teer in cadence. In the same way you can get Sands of Inaros from Baro Ki'Teer with Ducats when he visits regularly, you can use Thermia to get Hildryn. Fractures will occur often - like ghouls - to keep thermia in high supply. We’re also working on fracture improvements. Operation: Buried Debts will be frequent to make sure Hildryn's available to all!

*Do we need the Archgun Deployer to fight The Exploiter Orb Mother?*

No, you do not need the Archgun Deployer! All you need is Diluted Thermia to start the fight and take her on.

• Like 20
  • Satisfied 5
  • Woah 5
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6

So, what you're saying... is that Hildryn is going to be locked behind a timegate for people who don't have the plat to plunk down for the pack AND weren't able to do the fractures this time around? Is that seriously what you're saying here? Do correct me if I'm wrong, because I sure hope I am.

EDIT: And before you pull the old line about this being a recurring event, just how often will we be seeing fractures here? We talkin' PLAGUE STAR frequency?

EDIT AGAIN: Put away the pitchforks and torches, folks.

Hey Tenno! I hear your concerns about acquiring Hildryn - here's a bit more detail to clarify how that will look.

We've set up Hildryn in this event to be similar to Baro Ki'Teer in cadence. In the same way you can get Sands of Inaros from Baro Ki'Teer with Ducats when he visits regularly, you can use Thermia to get Hildryn. Fractures will occur often - like ghouls - to keep thermia in high supply. We’re also working on fracture improvements. Operation: Buried Debts will be frequent to make sure Hildryn's available to all!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 8

Posted (edited)

Soloing this first go was very fun and i loved the fight!

But the locking of the frame behind this event i'm not a fan of but there we go i guess.

source.gif

Edited by paul5473
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

2 minutes ago, Soulless_Spartan said:

So, what you're saying... is that Hildryn is going to be locked behind a timegate for people who don't have the plat to plunk down for the pack AND weren't able to do the fractures this time around? Is that seriously what you're saying here? Do correct me if I'm wrong, because I sure hope I am.

And I thought Nyx was bad. She's my current favorite frame and she's locked behind infestation outbreaks! But at least they're pretty common. This though, this is a whole other level of pay-to-sleep!

• Upvote 1

Just now, StoopidPird said:

did they just fricking event lock a frame

It'll be a reocurring event like Ghouls. This was already said before. 

• Woah 2
  • Upvote 7

Is the boss fight itself tied to the Fracture event, or is it only the aquisition of Diluted Thermia?

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Teamwork? We'll see how this goes when I try to solo it then. 

Edit: 43 minutes later with a lot of time trying to figure out what to even do. It's more than possible to solo. 

acnz4h8.jpg

Edited by --Brandt--
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

I have commitments in the real world like friends and work and eating and sleeping. I suspect I won't be seeing the new 'frame until whenever you have the third or fourth fractures event at least. I have... *feelings*, about this.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

Every Diluted Thermia resource you’ve harvested will allow you an encounter with The Exploiter, you can stockpile, share, and more! 

seems like its easy to start farming this boss, so fear not tennos

Just now, --END--Rikutatis said:

It'll be a reocurring event like Ghouls. This was already said before. 

Now did they say how often this event would reappear? Sure, sure, it's a reoccurring event, but how often? As often as PLAGUE STAR, perhaps??? That'd be pretty effin' stupid.

11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Shocking Step Ephemera Blueprint: Craft this Ephemera to add a striking effect to your footsteps

Freezing Step Ephemera Blueprint

What's the other one doing?

What is the rate in which this event will appear?

every Two weeks like the Ghouls & Baro? If so, than locking Hildryn behind the event stays inline w/ frames like Inaros. 

If it's every 6 Months like Plague star, well you have a serious issue on your hands. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

Will DE's miscalculations effect players who were only able to get 1 scan of Data Hashes?  

I wasn't able to find any reward related to the scans themselves, and due to the posted timer I believed I had more time to do them, but I'm concerned that I'll miss out on event rewards for the first time in 5 years due to this.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

gating a warframe behind a temporal event... wow this is a new low for you DE.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 9

Just now, RAZORLIGHT said:

gating a warframe behind a temporal event... wow this is a new low for you DE.

And that's really saying something!

• Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Soulless_Spartan said:

Now did they say how often this event would reappear? Sure, sure, it's a reoccurring event, but how often? As often as PLAGUE STAR, perhaps??? That'd be pretty effin' stupid.

Well, seeing as Hildryn is locked behind Exploiter, I'd imagine that Thermia Fractures will be at least as common as Ghoul Purge, if not more common given the lore explanation for Thermia Fractures in the first place.

Posted (edited)

Are we supposed to be able to interact with the door ? Right now, we can't do anything while in the decypher part (there is letters but nothing is movable, or did I do something wrong ?)

Nevermind... I'm an idiot, I did not even tryied to go next to the door xD.

Edited by Etzu
  • Upvote 1

This is why the forums need a downvote function. 6 happy reactions and 0 negative or even neutral? This requires balancing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 10
  • Upvote 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb Etzu:

Are we supposed to be able to interact with the door ? Right now, we can't do anything while in the decypher part (there is letters but nothing is movable, or did I do something wrong ?)

Same issue here, I can select the wheels but not turn them

2 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

This is why the forums need a downvote function. 6 happy reactions and 0 negative or even neutral? This requires balancing.

This is a PvE Forum, balance isn't needed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1