[DE]Rebecca

Operation: Buried Debts: Escalation

5 minutes ago, Soulless_Spartan said:

Now did they say how often this event would reappear? Sure, sure, it's a reoccurring event, but how often? As often as PLAGUE STAR, perhaps??? That'd be pretty effin' stupid.

DE said they would have it as a reoccurring event in the same fashion as the Ghoul Purge events, so it'll likely be the same wait time that we have in between each of the Ghoul Purge events. It's not going to be the once-in-a-blue-moon Plague Star levels of a reoccurring event.

Please tell me the time exclusive is a bad joke. Please do not do this to us. Like me there are many players with tight working schedules that can't afford to play all the time !

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

so form what info i know we will not only have a waframe gated behind a event, but also a resorce and a entire boss fight locked behind a event that only last a few days, is this for really ? how in there right mind thought this was a good idea ? honestly DE i was giving you the benefit of the douth for this event..but this...idk how i feel about this, disapointed would probebly the best word for it 

17 minutes ago, Soulless_Spartan said:

So, what you're saying... is that Hildryn is going to be locked behind a timegate for people who don't have the plat to plunk down for the pack AND weren't able to do the fractures this time around? Is that seriously what you're saying here? Do correct me if I'm wrong, because I sure hope I am.

EDIT: And before you pull the old line about this being a recurring event, just how often will we be seeing fractures here? We talkin' PLAGUE STAR frequency?

They said previously that it will be on par with the Ghouls event.

7 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Well, seeing as Hildryn is locked behind Exploiter, I'd imagine that Thermia Fractures will be at least as common as Ghoul Purge, if not more common given the lore explanation for Thermia Fractures in the first place.

1 minute ago, Neo_Ganryu said:

DE said they would have it as a reoccurring event in the same fashion as the Ghoul Purge events, so it'll likely be the same wait time that we have in between each of the Ghoul Purge events. It's not going to be the once-in-a-blue-moon Plague Star levels of a reoccurring event.

I'm glad the both of you have an optimistic streak. I'm not so much. Especially given how the melee rework eff'd up my polearm Zaw...

19 minutes ago, Soulless_Spartan said:

So, what you're saying... is that Hildryn is going to be locked behind a timegate for people who don't have the plat to plunk down for the pack AND weren't able to do the fractures this time around? Is that seriously what you're saying here? Do correct me if I'm wrong, because I sure hope I am.

EDIT: And before you pull the old line about this being a recurring event, just how often will we be seeing fractures here? We talkin' PLAGUE STAR frequency?

No, Ghoul-like frequency, plague star isn't a recurring world event, they actualy schedule that one.

Which door are we talking about? I'm in front of one closed and i can't find a way to open it: 7cN7iDj.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Czin said:

No, Ghoul-like frequency, plague star isn't a recurring world event, they actualy schedule that one.

"Recurring: occurring or appearing again. "

20 minutes ago, Soulless_Spartan said:

This is all information Steve shared with us before the update even launched last week. Hildryn was going to be tied to an event as a drop, said event would occur frequently on the Vallis, Ghouls were referenced as a vague example of just how frequent said event would be. 

Do what you will with that information.  

Chill, Tenno. Locking Hyldrin to the event gives it a whole lot of purpose and sense, and it can only be a problem if the event stops happening!

• Haha 1

Hey Tenno! I hear your concerns about acquiring Hildryn - here's a bit more detail to clarify how that will look.

We've set up Hildryn in this event to be similar to Baro Ki'Teer in cadence. In the same way you can get Sands of Inaros from Baro Ki'Teer with Ducats when he visits regularly, you can use Thermia to get Hildryn. Fractures will occur often - like ghouls - to keep thermia in high supply. We’re also working on fracture improvements. Operation: Buried Debts will be frequent to make sure Hildryn's available to all!

• Like 5
  • Satisfied 2
  • Applause 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Soulless_Spartan said:

I'm glad the both of you have an optimistic streak. I'm not so much. Especially given how the melee rework eff'd up my polearm Zaw...

It's not optimistic, if anything it's just the way the whole thing has been set up from both a lore setup and a practicality standpoint. Locking a frame behind an event that only occurs every few months is not great for DE's public relations, and the lore explanation for Thermia Fractures(pumping too much coolant into the ground too quickly) means that DE has full control over how frequent the event occurs. Even then, thats only for the fractures themselves. For all we know,  we could access the Exploiter fight at any time provided we have Diluted Thermia on hand, and it's just the ability to farm it that is time locked.

Edited by Kerberos-3
  • Haha 2

Ya'll need to calm down, Inaros is locked behind a time locked event (baro Ki'teer), I don't hear yall bi***ing about him. Just do your fractures when they appear and farm her accordingly. This adds value to her frame. Relax. DE's killing it! 😄

• Satisfied 1
  • Applause 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Czin said:

The word you are looking for is automated, not recurring. Both events are recurring as they both are continuous event that happen more than once. One is just recurring through an automated schedule, while the other is manually activated. 

You are correct this event will be automated much like Ghouls. 

Edited by Cubewano

1 minute ago, Rugre said:

Chill, Tenno. Locking Hyldrin to the event gives it a whole lot of purpose and sense, and it can only be a problem if the event stops happening!

Don'tcha mean "sense of pride and accomplishment"?

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

To people complaining about Hildryn being possibly time limited, you have no idea if she wont be available somewhere else after the event is over. Don't try to complain about something that DE hasn't done yet

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, xBelgabor said:

Same issue here, I can select the wheels but not turn them

@xBelgabor same here, no sound or any other clue saying it's unlocked, but... it is 😄 I have just hit Esc and gone to the doors and they've opened

2 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

Hey Tenno! I hear your concerns about acquiring Hildryn - here's a bit more detail to clarify how that will look.

We've set up Hildryn in this event to be similar to Baro Ki'Teer in cadence. In the same way you can get Sands of Inaros from Baro Ki'Teer with Ducats when he visits regularly, you can use Thermia to get Hildryn. Fractures will occur often - like ghouls - to keep thermia in high supply. We’re also working on fracture improvementsOperation: Buried Debts will be frequent to make sure Hildryn's available to all!

So you are saying that we can buy Hildryn with Thermia?

3 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

We've set up Hildryn in this event to be similar to Baro Ki'Teer in cadence. In the same way you can get Sands of Inaros from Baro Ki'Teer with Ducats when he visits regularly, you can use Thermia to get Hildryn. Fractures will occur often - like ghouls - to keep thermia in high supply. We’re also working on fracture improvementsOperation: Buried Debts will be frequent to make sure Hildryn's available to all!

Fair enough. Thanks for info

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

I have one question. Do we need the Archgun Deployer to fight Exploiter? That might be a problem for players who haven't reached the Profit-Taker fight.

Edited by Kerberos-3
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

We’re also working on fracture improvements

If I might make a suggestion (assuming this isn't already the plan), an improvement for the fissures that I'd recommend is speeding up the process in which the fissures are closed. As it is now, the process is very slow for what can be seen as a pseudo mobile defense procedure.

Edited by Neo_Ganryu
Fixing a typo. I said "ab improvement" instead of "an improvement".
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kerberos-3 said:

IT's not optimistic, if anything it's just the way the whole thing has been set up from both a lore setup and a practicality standpoint. Locking a frame behind an event that only occurs every few months is not great for DE's public relations, and the lore explanation for Thermia Fractures(pumping too much coolant into the ground too quickly) means that DE has full control over how frequent the event occurs. Even then, thats only for the fractures themselves. For all we know,  we could access the Exploiter fight at any time provided we have Diluted Thermia on hand, and it's just the ability to farm it that is time locked.

2 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

This is all information Steve shared with us before the update even launched last week. Hildryn was going to be tied to an event as a drop, said event would occur frequently on the Vallis, Ghouls were referenced as a vague example of just how frequent said event would be. 

Do what you will with that information.  

I'm not on Twitter. I don't hear stuff through the grapevine like y'all do. I'm a filthy casual that gets miffed when info comes up that (if accurate) is damning.

1 minute ago, [DE]Helen said:

I don't think it was helping that Hildryn wasn't immediately available for farming like, say, Baruuk, Garuda, Revenant... y'know, pretty much every frame before now... even still, thanks for the clarification.

Posted (edited)

Thermia canisters during the fight have 1 hp and no waypoint to tell where they spawn. They get destroyed by Chroma elemental ward before you can pick them up.

You can start the fight from the cave in old "old Fortuna" from a console where the vent kids would be since it doesn't have a way point either.

Thermia canisters can be picked up from a machine near where Rude Zuud (kit gun vendor) would be.

Also: you seem to be unable to throw the canisters while having a melee weapon equipped.

Second phase: you need to kill coolant raknoids, take the canister and seal fractures. Pick up thermia canisters, throw them and shoot the canisters in the air when they are near Exploiter Orb. This wasn't explained either for some reason.

If you are using Chroma, don't turn on elemental ward at any point of the fight because it destroys thermia canisters which are used at every phase.

2nd phase temperature bar doesn't work if you fight her a 2nd time without leaving fortuna in between fights. The bar stays even when you are visiting Fortuna.

Edited by KarvJon
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, KarvJon said:

Thermia canisters during the fight have 1 hp and no waypoint to tell where they spawn. They get destroyed by Chroma elemental ward before you can pick them up.

You can start the fight from the cave in old "old Fortuna" from a console where the vent kids would be since it doesn't have a way point either.

Thermia canisters can be picked up from a machine near where Rude Zuud (kit gun vendor) would be.

Thank you for pointing this out, I looked over the place with zero clue as to what to do, then looked around with the scanner and didn't even get a beep to indicate a scannable was in the area. And then went back out to where Exploiter roams in case that triggered something.

Good job on intuitiveness.

Look, I just want to know if it has the same requirements as Profit Taker, because I'm not an Old Mate yet. If it does, I guess I'll just keep stockpiling thermia until the event ends so I can farm up Hyldy next time...