[DE]Rebecca

Operation: Buried Debts: Escalation

4 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

There are over 40+ warframes to go after, as well as 300 plus weapons, and you are telling me the sky is falling because the latest shiny might be locked behind a 2 to 4 week time gate? Wow first world problems truly have grown to insurmountable proportions. The only people this really affects are Vets and completionists. For those that complain they have nothing to do, having DE put out a couple Warframes that are behind a time gate just might be the remedy you need to quit the complaining,"there is nothing to do" aka content drought. Think of it as a way to pace yourself, and enjoy the game. Crikey, everyone these days seems to think they deserve everything given to them "Right This Minute" because you know... entitlement.

Principles and design philosophy are still a thing even if you are spoiled.

• Applause 2

21 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

Hey Tenno! I hear your concerns about acquiring Hildryn - here's a bit more detail to clarify how that will look.

We've set up Hildryn in this event to be similar to Baro Ki'Teer in cadence. In the same way you can get Sands of Inaros from Baro Ki'Teer with Ducats when he visits regularly, you can use Thermia to get Hildryn. Fractures will occur often - like ghouls - to keep thermia in high supply. We’re also working on fracture improvementsOperation: Buried Debts will be frequent to make sure Hildryn's available to all!

Phrasing is confusing.

Do we use Thermia to purchase access to the 'frame like Inaros, or is the Fissures a biweekly event that's in tandem with Baro?  

If it is a biweekly occurrence, how long will they last?  Will it be a community driven completion bar like the Ghouls?

• Upvote 1

Why are people even whining and complaining about this thermia collection event? its not that bad.

just do what i did and pick nova prime and solo it. i got all 100 in a few hours solo and the opticor vandal. not a big deal.

also, whats the point of these new lazulite toroids that gives 12000 vox standing? im already max rank so theres no point?

and its not like theres anything worth buying with leftover standing in the shop either.

at least i can finally pretend that im The Flash with this new electricity step

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HomicidalGrouse said:

Just because you buy stuff sometimes doesn't mean you get to dictate the way every single thing in this game works. 

It does give them the right to provide feedback. That includes negative feedback.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, burem0n0 said:

Why are people even whining and complaining about this thermia collection event? its not that bad.

just do what i did and pick nova prime and solo it. i got all 100 in a few hours solo and the opticor vandal. not a big deal.

also, whats the point of these new lazulite toroids that gives 12000 vox standing? im already max rank so theres no point?

and its not like theres anything worth buying with leftover standing in the shop either.

at least i can finally pretend that im The Flash with this new electricity step

Event is easy, for you, not so much for others.  

My group gave up last night because the mobs spawning were somehow 1 shotting the Frost and Nidus, Limbo's Cataclysm wasn't doing anything and somehow canceling out MPrime.

The ability strangeness wasn't the main issue but rather being 1 shot by even low level mobs on high armor/shield/health frames.  If this is going to be the new norm, I at least wont bother with farming for Thermia because that's just ridiculous to deal with.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

I have one question. Do we need the Archgun Deployer to fight Exploiter? That might be a problem for players who haven't reached the Profit-Taker fight.

No, you do not need the Archgun Deployer! All you need is Diluted Thermia to start the fight and take her on.

• Satisfied 2
  • Applause 1

Ok, normally I don't go on here to give my thoughts but this is just ridiculous,
But why on earth did you think it was ok to put Hyldrin behind this wait wall?
you see with Inaros is different, you simply log on and if you do not have time or what not, you simply pick up the quest blueprint and run the quest whenever you feel like it, its not that big of a wait wall/time because once you start the quest YOU GET ALL of his parts WITHIN the quest...
here? No it does not work, not only are the fractures boring as hell and long and tedious, but players have asked you constantly to NOT have thermia related to making and obtaining Hyldrin, thus acquiring the frame even more tedious than it already is.
If you really want to have Hyldrin this way
MAKE fractures 24/7 on the Orb Vallis and make the fight not a limited time thing every X amount of weeks or days
Sorry, but I am quite disappointed with this.
*Alongside the rewards being meh*

• Haha 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, [DE]Helen said:

No, you do not need the Archgun Deployer! All you need is Diluted Thermia to start the fight and take her on.

Thanks much, friend!

3 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

It does give them the right to provide feedback. That includes negative feedback.

Feedback is one thing. Saying "we pay your bills" turns feedback into an ultimatum. 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

Eek, that kind of sounds like the exploiter is going to be an easier fight than the Profit-Taker? I had hoped the exploiter was going to be what the "Gantulyst" was to the "Teralyst" (i.e., a harder, improved variant)?

Posted (edited)

So what's up with the surface fight? I can barely get halfway through the meter before it just resets anyway despite best efforts and I can't do a thing about it. 😕

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out why there's an absolute ton of canisters with all the fractures...

Edited by Jokie155

Posted (edited)

This is in reference to the orb fight. Honestly, this was a really long fight, it took me a bit to figure out the mechanics, but all in all it was very enjoyable. It took me about 40 minutes, and noticed several bugs along the way, Ill post them here and in the pc bug section. The coolant raknoids sometimes rag doll when killed throwing stretched bodies everywhere. Theres a UI bug after defeating the orb, the heat meter basically carried over from when the fight finished, and stayed on my screen upon entering fortuna. There also wasnt alot of time after the orb starts to glow and when it detonates for me to grab the loot. Atleast the profit taker gives 30 seconds, there wasnt any timer for this fight. I grabbed the loot, tryed to archwing away and died, luckily still had some revives. The orb also in the first part of the fight was able to shoot me through walls which was pretty frustrating. Also, in the first part of the fight where you have to destroy the orbs vent by throwing the thermia at it, my warframe would sometimes overthrow the container and i wouldnt be able to shoot it, causing me to have to wait like 30 seconds for another to spawn. it would be nice if the coolant containers would respawn more frequently.  All in all these are my initial thoughts.

The mechanics in this fight I think, are the best Warframe has implemented to date. This isnt just a dps til it dies boss, its a coordinated fight that takes a bit of skill to micro manage and take down, while also being doable for solo players. Thank you DE

Edited by Vanilla_nuka
  • Satisfied 2

For those who don't know, the place is already unlocked, you don't need to hack anything, just walk on in.

• Like 1

I only ask for this event to as only selectable mission on fortuna, so i will stop geting mastery rank 4 people who wona do solaris bounty missions insted of event. Or there is way to go only for that mission alredy and i missed it?

• Applause 1

I finally completed it solo, with Adaption/Adrenaline/Bless Trinity, and boy was actually figuring out the mechanics the most tedious part. That and the progression stopping altogether after the 2nd weakspot.

But hey, Hildryn Systems, an absolute ton of Fortuna materials, some amazing Skyrim-style cutscenes, I'm down with it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

if it is as often as the goual event then I would not call that time gated.  it is here almost as often as barrow.  the event normally lasts 1 week and happens at least once a month.  while I would obgect to locking a frame behind plague star if it was behind gouls at normal boss drop chances then I can't really have an objection

I would love to have endless missions on either OV or in plains as long as the pathing options were either better than they currently are or we chose where. ATM if it was excavation one would be on one end of the map and another would be on the other end of the map.  they also have better spawns than many missions.  

But do you see any reason why it should be timegated instead of always being availible?

• Upvote 1

Just killed the Orb. Overall, I quite liked it, it's different then the usual "shoot it till it's dead" or "shoot it till it's dead when the invulnerability period ends". Just have one, big problem. I've spent over 20 minutes shooting the raknoids, watching the heat bar go up and down randomly, no matter what I did. Then I finally figured out you're supposed to load the canisters with thermia (If only you could do it as fast with the normal fractures...) and lob them at the Orb... A prompt from Eudico or Zudd would be really helpful... The big cache of minerals and fish parts was also a very nice surprise.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jokie155 said:

I finally completed it solo, with Adaption/Adrenaline/Bless Trinity, and boy was actually figuring out the mechanics the most tedious part. That and the progression stopping altogether after the 2nd weakspot.

But hey, Hildryn Systems, an absolute ton of Fortuna materials, some amazing Skyrim-style cutscenes, I'm down with it.

I did it with my umbral/adaption Rhino, got the hildryn Neuroptics

Cheers 🙂

Posted (edited)

Honestly DE, do you really want this unpopular, kinda broken and not really fun event to be a recurring thing ?

I think most warframe players can agree this event missed it's mark and just isn't fun / well explained / something we want to repeat every two weeks or months. 

1 - The data fragment part was badly explained, most people didn't do it, it offered no rewards and you ended up cheating the system and force enabling it when you realized the community was not doing the scanning. I consider it a failure, kinda like when Destiny 2 tied the unlock of their final black armory forge behind a cryptic puzzle that burned out streamers doing 20 hours marathons trying cryptic solutions to figure out the puzzles.

2 - The closing fissues was also badly explained, with no markers or explaination of what's going it. It's also very repetitive and not fun, and most people considered getting 100 points for the Opticor to be something they never, ever want to do again in their lifetime. We're doing it only for the rewards, as the task was already booring after closing a single fissure.

3 - The timing is just bad. Players already have tons of weekly tasks and more meaningful things to do in-game due to nightwave than run arround for hours closing fissures.

4 - The new boss is something I'm sure players want accessible at all time. What purpose does it serve to lock it behind grinding of thermia fissure juice. Everyone hated Mutualist Alad V keys, that's the same idea... Only with Salad V Key you can make keyshare groups and i'd rather do varied invasions than close repetitive fissures. Fighting eidolons and orb mothers is this game's endgame, so please don't force us to do tedious , not fun grind every few weeks to access said endgame.

In the end, while I'm sure it's possible to "improve" the event slightly ... What would be even better would be to just admit the event was kinda a failure, just unlock the boss and call it a day. Not everything you make deserve to stay a permanent part of the game and become a cyclical event.

Let people farm the new frame and enjoy the fight all day long and maybe only bring the fissure back every six months to get the opticor and mods (or move the mods to other gamemodes or in the Exploiter orb's drop table after the event). No need to turn everything into a recurring event to be burned out on (I think everyone is sick to death of constant ghoul, plague star, razorwing and fomorian attacks, adding fissures to the bunch only makes the game feel even more repetitive and unfulfilling).

Edited by Tenno_Cobra
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Swagernator22663 said:

Question about Diluted Thermia usage in this boss fight ... where exactly is it consumed ? 

On one of the upper platforms, close to the middle

All the people crying about hildryn being event gated will be even more disappointed when they figure out she's a "meh" frame.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

On one of the upper platforms, close to the middle

So when one player activate it (start the boss fight) does it consume the resuource for all the players in the party ?

EDIT: just got my question answered.

4 minutes ago, Vanilla_nuka said:

It only take the one to start the fight yes

Edited by Swagernator22663

I completed this fight solo, and, I enjoyed it! A tad different than the other 'boss' fights we have in Warframe. The rewards didn't feel disappointing. Took a little bit to figure out what you have to do, but hey, that is the enjoyable part in experiencing something new! Thank you DE. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1