[DE]Rebecca

Operation: Buried Debts: Escalation

53 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

No, you do not need the Archgun Deployer! All you need is Diluted Thermia to start the fight and take her on.

And from the opening post, it only takes the one to open the fight, yes? Not some in-fight mechanic that takes one Thermia every time you do something and lets you possibly run out of the ability to kill it?

Now, if only playing with more than one person didn't result in getting stuck at the door when trying to leave Deck 13 for Phase Two. It never successfully loaded back out so I had to force-close out of the game and hope that fixed it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, OvisCaedo said:

And from the opening post, it only takes the one to open the fight, yes? Not some in-fight mechanic that takes one Thermia every time you do something and lets you possibly run out of the ability to kill it?

It only take the one to start the fight yes

• Upvote 1

DE pls. What happened to you? Melee 2.9 is one big fail. This is even bigger fail. And not saying anything in game about what to do really kills the mood. Just find SOME CONSOLE SOMEWHERE...

• Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Tenno_Cobra said:

Inaros is nothing like this. For one, Baro Comes every two weeks, clockwise. Second, he offers the quest to get Inaros, which is a one-time purchase and gets you a full Inaros by the end of the quest... Meaning at the very worse a new player will have to wait 14 days for the quest to be offered to him...

In contrast, to get the new frame, you have to suffer through farming of fissure juice for god knows how long, then beat the boss and pray it drops the parts you need, then if you don't have time to get it before event ends, you have no idea when the even is coming back. It's much closer to the Mutualst Alad V / Mesa mess, where you have to wait for days for invasions with alad v key fragments, then pray to RNGesus you get the part you neeeded and not a duplicate otherwise it's back to waiting and farming them again... And everyone hated the mesa/mutualist alad v situation.

Inaros is exactly the same, a frame that is locked behind a temporary event. DE already said that this exploiter orb is going to be a recurrent event like the ghouls in the plains so YES we DO KNOW how often the even will come back (how about you read before you complaint? this is exactly what bothers me from you people whining over meaningless things), and so far the exploiter is EASILY killable and farmable with any frame, getting all the parts you need os not hard and doesn't take time that much time at all. The fight will last 7 days as stated, plenty of time.

• Applause 1

17 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

Nope. They provide Condensed Thermia throughout the fight. The diluted Thermia is just to start it.

5 minutes ago, Ely.I said:

and so far the exploiter is EASILY killable and farmable with any frame, getting all the parts you need os not hard and doesn't take time that much time at all. The fight will last 7 days as stated, plenty of time.

Unless it bugs out like it just did to me and dissapears entirely from venus when it's supposed to head for fortuna.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sarklor said:

I have commitments in the real world like friends and work and eating and sleeping. I suspect I won't be seeing the new 'frame until whenever you have the third or fourth fractures event at least. I have... *feelings*, about this.

Then those are your bigger priorities, not the game, which is completely normal and 100% okay. I suggest asking for help if you feel you wouldn't be able to do it alone with the time you have. There are many Tenno that are more than willing to help others out with these type of activities!  

ok the battle was actually very cool our group had a blast  :thumbup:

but my worry is it was a long game and i only got a torid from her :( how many times i have to grind it to get at least the rare frame part :( 

1 minute ago, MacAaroni said:

Then those are your bigger priorities, not the game, which is completely normal and 100% okay. I suggest asking for help if you feel you wouldn't be able to do it alone with the time you have. There are many Tenno that are more than willing to help others out with these type of activities!  

Strange, that was how they justified the Nightwave system. I'm sensing a conflict of game design philosophies.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

Strange, that was how they justified the Nightwave system. I'm sensing a conflict of game design philosophies.

I don't see Nightwave and this event as the same thing besides them being a timed event, other than that they are pretty different. Not sure what you're trying to point out honestly. Could you explain?

Fight mechanics are unexplained, I almost didn't find the insert prompt for the Thermia. I'm now sitting here looking at an invulnerable Exploiter Orb. Sitting on the ground. What Vents! This is awful and opaque design!

Once again a lack of clear commutation in-game, on in-game things. This must change DE.

Edited by Brasten
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

gating a warframe behind a temporal event... wow this is a new low for you DE.

It's a not new OR a big deal, so you can cut the melodrama. Inaros, Vauban (especially pre-Nightwave), and Nyx. All Vaulted Prime frames. Every single one of those at the very least is "gated" behind a "temporal event" of some kind, whether that's Baro coming back, monthly rotation or weekly standing in the case of pre- and post- Nightwave Vauban, Infested boss node invasions for Nyx, and the relic availability of unvaulted primes. Anyone getting publicly up in arms over a slight variation of what they do on the regular with no issues is misleading people with the idea that there's something to be upset about to begin with.

Edited by Wolfglaive
typo
  • Like 1
  • Satisfied 2
  • Applause 1

Just killed the Exploiter for the first time with a squad (same loadout as for fissures so it was a little slow).

The explanation needs work. I had no clue what to do. Lucky for me my squad paid attention to what the narrator was saying (which i cant because i have limited hearing, and i cant read subtitles and keep them alive at the same time). We figured it out together eventually XD Not smart to type while you're playing the healer btw lmfao.

The loading also took a very long time compared to other loads, but maybe thats a Fortuna thing.
The cutscene also took its time to show up, we were humping doors for a few mins before the narrator started explaining stuff in the first place XD

Anyway, I gotta say the fight is pretty epic. I also like the fact you get fishing loot from it? XD
Hildryn Neuro in the pocket... Gotta do it a few more times 😄

Edited by Metalharpey
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Brasten said:

Fight mechanics are unexplained, I almost didn't find the insert prompt for the Thermia. I'm now sitting here looking at an invulnerable Exploiter Orb. Sitting on the ground. What Vents! This is awful and opaque design!

Once again a lack of clear commutation in-game, on in-game things. This must change DE.

You know what's hilarious about this.

The moment they mentioned the vents the Exploiter's vents shined so that I could see where all four of them are. But it's also the particular shine that breakable objects use! And given I had been hunting breakables for a riven challenge just before this patch dropped the visual effect was still in my mind, but I can see how one can miss it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Julian_Skies said:

You know what's hilarious about this.

The moment they mentioned the vents the Exploiter's vents shined so that I could see where all four of them are. But it's also the particular shine that breakable objects use! And given I had been hunting breakables for a riven challenge just before this patch dropped the visual effect was still in my mind, but I can see how one can miss it.

I've finally found them, still mid fight (first fight Solo). They were body blocked by the Exploiter Orb's Invulnerable body. They have identical coloration to the rest to the model and almost no aim-over tell tale. The Thermia Canisters are also unmarked in the HUD. Again almost missed them, and Zudd's voice barks are unhelpful.

As a Closed Beta player this has to be one of the worst Boss Fights I've every played since Lech Kril and his floppy tubes of Un-commented Mechanics.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Based on all the important questions and concerns being raised here, I'm not feeling too good about the way this has been implemented.

It sounds like we are being asked to farm Fractures to make Diluted Thermia, which is then used as a key to unlock the fight.

However... in the fight, we are using coolant canisters and closing fractures which is the same thing we have to do to farm Diluted Thermia in the first place. Then we're supposed to throw the Not-Diluted-Thermia™ at the Exploiter Orb as part of the fight.

Am I missing something? The logic of needing to grind/farm an item, and then doing the same thing in the boss fight that we'd do to farm said item, is hurting my brain.

What's funnier, converting a coolant canister into diluted thermia takes ~15 minutes. Converting one into concentrated thermia is instant. Is it just me, or would it make more sense to swap those two? 

Hearing Profit-Taker talk?

willem dafoe smile GIF

Hearing Exploiter talk like some haughty, Shakespearean, British nanny?

confused girl GIF

• Like 2

Right, so had a couple runs at this boss and I must say, I liked it. 

Ofcourse, I bought the frame for this boss so, that'll be enough for me.

No complaints with it, but my reaction time could be better. :crylaugh:

Just solo'd the boss until I got all of Hildryn. DE, this boss fight was AWESOME!!! I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Great job! It's very different, and the focus is not "more damage". It's refreshing to say the least. 

• Like 1