Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

exploiter orb fight. question.

TheKurtiStryke

i just unlocked the door for the dec12 in fortuna( i tryed to enter the code, but nothing happend, so i tryed to get through the door by bugging myself in,then i unlocked it just by standing in front of it lol, was i supposed to do something?), and then, here is the new orb fight, but i couldn't go through the second stage(took to me like 20 mins just to go out the cave),so, here is my question, do i have to do it on solo the first time like a quest?, or it's like the first orb fight, and i have to find a team and fight the orb??

Just now, TheKurtiStryke said:

i just unlocked the door for the dec12 in fortuna( i tryed to enter the code, but nothing happend, so i tryed to get through the door by bugging myself in,then i unlocked it just by standing in front of it lol, was i supposed to do something?), and then, here is the new orb fight, but i couldn't go through the second stage(took to me like 20 mins just to go out the cave),so, here is my question, do i have to do it on solo the first time like a quest?, or it's like the first orb fight, and i have to find a team and fight the orb??

I think you can do team, its like an event fight that should be around when the Thermia Fractures are. I think solo is pretty easy though so I haven't checked

i did this solo and it took me about 40 mins to complete. After the orb leaves the first area, you need to leave the cave the way you came in, you then continue the fight outside. This would by far be easier with a team but its not terrible solo. When I got to the cave, the door was already unlocked because I had previously scanned all the passcodes, Im assuming its a prerequisite to the fight

Edited by Vanilla_nuka
  • Like 1

Just now, Vanilla_nuka said:

i did this solo and it took me about 40 mins to complete. After the orb leaves the first area, you need to leave the cave the way you came in, you then continue the fight outside. This would by far be easier with a team but its not terrible solo

How the hell did you manage to do it solo?

I kept trying my best (granted, on a sub-par Baruuk) but it was impossible for me to keep _everything_ away from the orb and prevent the cooling....

• Like 1

Just now, Vanilla_nuka said:

This would by far be easier with a team but its not terrible solo

I found stage 2 to be pretty frustrating solo. You have to kill the raknoids pretty much as soon as they spawn, because they can seemingly cool down the orb instantly, and they can spawn from multiple directions. My progress pretty much got reset every time I got the temperature meter to 50% or so. 

Definitely won't be attempting this again solo. 

I did it with rhino using my eidolon build. I used my rubico to snipe the coolant raknoids from a distance, then just kept running around sealing the fractures with the coolant. Mind you the exploiter orb does alot of damage, but shes far more difficult in the cave, since for me she was able to shoot though some of the walls. Honestly, having to throw the coolant things at the orb inside was annoying, because sometimes my warframe would throw the thing too far and it would miss and I had to do it all over again

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

1 minute ago, Cosmic-Avenger said:

In my case. The key is in the console but it does not let me do anything. The doors will open and I can enter to the end of the cave, but nothing happens. bug?

You have to walk around in the cave, the building is similar to fortuna, and on one of the upper balconies theres a machine to drop some diluted thermia into. Doing that initiates the fight

1 minute ago, Gurpgork said:

I found stage 2 to be pretty frustrating solo. You have to kill the raknoids pretty much as soon as they spawn, because they can seemingly cool down the orb instantly, and they can spawn from multiple directions. My progress pretty much got reset every time I got the temperature meter to 50% or so. 

Definitely won't be attempting this again solo. 

Actually it doesn't have to be that quick on the kills. The reset at 50% is part of the phase. It happens a few times before you can finish that part

Just now, Kurokoz said:

Actually it doesn't have to be that quick on the kills. The reset at 50% is part of the phase. It happens a few times before you can finish that part

Really? There should probably be some transparency on that. I just though the game was punishing me for not being in about four places at once. 

Just now, Kurokoz said:

Yeah solo its not bad, just alot of coolant raknoid and fracture management. Took me 40 mins first time, I could probably shave alot of that off now that I know what to do. Still, would be much faster to do it as a team

Just now, Nasuth said:

For me, I'm still down in the cave and I feel like I'm missing something obvious. I destroyed the ice on the vents and got told to "do my thing" after that, but I can't seem to do anything to the Orb.

You may have missed one of here vents, she has like 4 you need to destory in order to progress the fight

What a mess of a fight solo, half of the fractures didn't give the stuff to throw and the orb kept trying to walk on the mountain and get locked in place, the small ones had times where the spawns totally bugged out unless I went off to seal some fracture way-way off.....a mess. The first part was buggy as well, the canisters kept disappearing inside the machine when I wanted to pick them up, had to slowwalk to be able to pick up most of them.

This mission can go to hell!

Tried it solo once more and sure it seemed to work ok albeit slow.
Closing fissures and shooting bots like I was payed for it.

Then the Exploiter Orb slowly started walking up the mountainside and ended up the next 20 minutes squatting over the ridges.
Good freaking luck trying to close enough fissures AND shoot the coolant bots while jumping across an entire mountain range all the time and only being able to view like 1/10th of the area in which all of that can happen...

*Grrrr*

1 minute ago, HellVOps said:

What a mess of a fight solo, half of the fractures didn't give the stuff to throw and the orb kept trying to walk on the mountain and get locked in place, the small ones had times where the spawns totally bugged out unless I went off to seal some fracture way-way off.....a mess. The first part was buggy as well, the canisters kept disappearing inside the machine when I wanted to pick them up, had to slowwalk to be able to pick up most of them.

In the second part of the fight, you dont need to throw the thermia at the orb, just kill the raknoids and close the fissures. When I threw the thermia at the orb it didnt seem to do anything. I had the orb get stuck on the rocks as well but she eventually freed herself after I closed all the fissures

All I can say is that I really hope it's not actually using a Thermia per attempt to break the ice on the vents cause at this rate I'm going to run out of Thermia before I actually break them all......... 

Was almost interesting at first but unless you absoloutly cheese it the boss just yeets you out of existence, maybe that's my fault for enjoying Glass canons? But after about 10min of crouching in Operator and having the damn thing move at the last second causing the Thermia whoozle to miss (even if I'd manually detonated it with a shot) I just Alt+F4d out. Maybe I'll try again later after I've played some other games.

Edit:

Also really hope this isn't the fight you have to replay for the Hildrin component Blueprints cause no just no..... 

Edit:

Ok apparently you don't have to solo this, soooo significantly less bad than previously assumed. Tho I'm going to have to check to see if there is a "Bounty" for this fight because without that this is going to be a cluster when it comes to finding groups that are doing this. Since the "best" way at present is to just load out into the Valis and hope that the group you get is going doing the encounter and not something else. Will have to check on that later, crosses fingers for a bounty mission.

Edited by Oreades

26 minutes ago, Vanilla_nuka said:

In the second part of the fight, you dont need to throw the thermia at the orb, just kill the raknoids and close the fissures. When I threw the thermia at the orb it didnt seem to do anything. I had the orb get stuck on the rocks as well but she eventually freed herself after I closed all the fissures

Its the same thing as stage one, you need to throw it vents or its face(?) it adds abit of heat, Not sure if you need to shoot the canister in midair to get an effect. Either way, I consider this fight as a waste of time as a solo at its current buggy state.

2 minutes ago, HellVOps said:

Its the same thing as stage one, you need to throw it vents or its face(?) it adds abit of heat, Not sure if you need to shoot the canister in midair to get an effect. Either way, I consider this fight as a waste of time as a solo at its current buggy state.

No no, you dont need to do that. when your outside, kill the raknoids, close the fissures, thats all you need to do, you dont need to throw the thermia at it like in the first part. If it does add some, its not much, the orb gains much more to the heat meter when you close the fissures, and keep the raknoids at bay, its tedious and takes a while

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

47 minutes ago, Thando said:

How the hell did you manage to do it solo?

I kept trying my best (granted, on a sub-par Baruuk) but it was impossible for me to keep _everything_ away from the orb and prevent the cooling....

The Raknoids spawn pretty far from her, If you do a quick look away from her, you see them coming. It was hard to keep track of them all in Solo, but I was able to beat her too. The major problem I had was getting the items before she exploded: I got stuck under one of the legs. I got out, grabbed the items and Itzaled out there just in time.