Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sands of Inaros - Tomb Protector Issues - Megathread

CyberDracul

Same thing for me.

(Copied from another thread; my post):

Glad it's not me.

Thought it might just be my friend's installation (going to try with my own in a second), but the exact same thing happened to me.

---

- Grab Second Vase - Kill 20 Broodmothers

- Killed 20 Broodmothers, but no dialogue or anything popped up. I didn't know I had it completed until I returned to my Orbiter and the quest had updated.

- No quest dialogue or anything popped up.

- Returned to the planet and picked up the third vase.

- Nothing: no dialogue, no updated quest, it was stuck on "retrieve third vase". It didn't do anything.

- Happened 3 times in a row.

---

- Restarted game and finally got dialogue and quest markers from Baro.

- Got to the point in the quest where the Tomb Guardian spawns.

- It immediately bugs out in its spawn animation and becomes untargetable and invincible.

- This happened 3 times in a row too.

---

100% agree this quest is completely borked at the moment.

P.S: I tried restarting the game and changing my loadout, to no avail. I also tried dropping the quest and then re-setting it to main quest, again to no change.

I tried Philouxd's thing but after awhile, just gave up. One more try with Rev, will see if charming a sand shadow will do the trick for last damage. I did melee, gun, gun with sandshadow, sandshadow doing 4, switching to other wifi, anything to get any "between" glitch, but nothing. Didn't lure Tomb Prot. to fire yet though, worth a shot?
Edit: no, it's not. And luring him out to be hit by grineer also isn't, b/c all grineer vanished after it spawned, it seems.
Edit: I just realized the patch was released on a Friday... DE, I know your dev team is revered, but patching on a Friday??? Is that normal? No dev team does that without fear and later regret, I would know, I worked on XBox Smartglass. We modified our system to avoid that day. (Mind you,, I've worked on a lot of dev companies, but Microsoft has the BEST process and evolution of process, except QA being fired, that was a terrible idea and everyone is paying for it)

Edited by 5Puppies
Patches on Fridays!

Found a possible SOLUTION!!!

the sortie assassiantion misson boss TYL has invaunable phases. and once you get him to 0 hp he wont die just like our boy inaros. if you have an Achwing weapon thats' been upgraded to be used outside of archwing mode missons {gyro upgrade deal for the orb fight] you can use that to kill him possbily!

Didnt do it myself but in the sorite misson a squad mate did and we were able to kill him.

I just finished the quest like 5 minutes ago after 5 days of it being bugged for me.  First day that I was on the final part, he kept getting invincible.  I tried everyday to see if it was fixed, Today I had an Arca Plasmor and I used Revenant.  He still went invincible, but miraculously I was able to kill him somehow.  The things that I had done when he was invincible was I died on purpose, I let him summon a sand shadow, and i shot the sand shadow while Inaros was behind me attacking with melee  (Maybe it was splash damage that hit hiim?). My carrier also had revived with the Artax equipped.  One of these things may be the key to dropping that last hp, or I'm just stupid lucky. Hope this helps.

Last fight bugged for me too. Just mad I've tried everything: going slower intentionally, killing slower intentionally, using different frames/companions and no companion, changing lobby type from public to friends to solo, letting him spawn as many copies of my frame as he can, and waiting for the mission to time out. Cooooool use of my time. They could have just put a disclaimer message up when attempting to start it that the mission may be bugged and to wait for the next hotfix...

Please add me to the list. Killed all the statues, killed the shadows he had up, took his health down, then his health bar went grey and could no longer damage him, didn't stop him from damaging me though. Using Rhino, with Hek, Angstrum, and a big Hammer I can't remember the name of, frog something. All max ranked.

Had the same troubles of not being able to kill the tomb protector once he reached 0 hp. I pulled out Trinity on my last attempt. Got through all the stone golems. To finish him I got him to 0 health again and maintained link on him. After hitting me for 2-3 seconds his damage eventually killed himself from link. Unsure if its a sure thing but it seemed to worked for me