Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I didn't do the community event because there is nothing in game that tells me what to do.

Answ5r

I don't want to watch youtube videos, twitch streamers or anyone else play the game. I'm bored to tears watching other people play. I want to play the game. I don't want to go out of the game to find out how to do the event. Why doesn't the nightwave lady, ordis, lotus whomever tell me what to do?

I want the game to tell me what to do. There needs to be a complete revamp of the in game help system. I'm never told within the game how to do anything or where anything is.

• Like 8

Yes I would love to look things up within the game. Inside of the game. While I am playing the game. Not outside the game. Not youtube. Not twitch. Not some other website. The game itself.

Within.

• Like 6

I didn't do the community event because I was busy doing the other community event that rewarded new mods and the Opticor Vandal.

We've got a time limited event split into two parts, both parts take a while in and of themselves and one of them gives mods and a weapon reward that requires at least 15 runs to complete. What did the devs expect the players to focus on first?

If they made scanning the hashes each reward a point towards the mods and Opticor, I think a lot more people would have divided their time in Fortuna between the two halves of the event.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Answ5r said:

Yes I would love to look things up within the game. Inside of the game. While I am playing the game. Not outside the game. Not youtube. Not twitch. Not some other website. The game itself.

Within.

That would be Region chat. 

Good luck. 

19 minutes ago, Answ5r said:

There needs to be a complete revamp of the in game help system.

for regular tutorials that new players need I agree, I think people disagree with this when it comes to events because "it's more fun finding out for yourself". while winging it on your first event can be exhilarating, it wouldn't take DE long to just write a message to players explaining the events. they could give people something. Formorians and razorbacks have Inbox messages that tell you about the Disruptors and Ciphers you need to run the mission, and this is supposed to be a recurring event, in a similar vain to Plague Star (but possibly more common since a frame is tied to it). so really there is no reason why there should not be a message for this. we get one every time those damn Ghouls show up every other week...

and to be fair, I usually use Youtube or Google as a last resort. don't bother with Region. you can ask around on here as well if you need help with anything.

• Like 2

Joking aside, OP, if you had bothered to read what Eudico says when you get close to a Fissure, you would have all the answers you want.

6 minutes ago, Merrowen said:

That's not what he said.

It used to be that game lore, information you need to play, and so on, was provided by either quest narrative, or codex. I don't recall anyone complaining about it.

However, giving such information in dev streams, twitter posts and so on, is similar route to what destiny used, and was crucified for. Want game lore? Read cards on our website!

It wasn't a good idea for destiny, and it's not a good idea here, either. It's doubly sad since warframe used to give players all the necessary information in game.

The information is in game, it just requires paying attention and critical thinking.  Eudico gives pretty clear directions when you get close to a Fissure.

The primary complaint of people against the OP's demand is that it's aimed at making a change that isn't required.  OP flat out says they refuse to go to outside sources for any information at all.  

They don't want to Google the basics, they don't want to use the in game chat, they don't want to use DE's resources, they don't want to use (possibly) millions of other sources.  Not it's unreasonable to obtain the information, they just don't want to go to the effort of finding it.

Edited by MagPrime
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Merrowen said:

That's not what he said.

It used to be that game lore, information you need to play, and so on, was provided by either quest narrative, or codex. I don't recall anyone complaining about it.

However, giving such information in dev streams, twitter posts and so on, is similar route to what destiny used, and was crucified for. Want game lore? Read cards on our website!

It wasn't a good idea for destiny, and it's not a good idea here, either. It's doubly sad since warframe used to give players all the necessary information in game.

They went through the partners, as they have done other times in the past. They've used discord in the past also.  For years we have used exterior sources for ingame knowloedge and while ingame tutorials would be nice, it's never been that way and we've managed just fine till this point. If players are too lazy to even google something I have no sympathy. I'm tired of the casual crew ruining the game. Let's give them all the opticor vandal for logging on as well while we're at it.

No offense, but are we talking about the fractures here? Because the game pretty much explains it all, starting with the fact it tells you to go to the vallis. Once there, the fractures are all over the place. I didn't look it up. My first impulse was to land on one and the game literally told me to find and crack open a cooling raknoid. Their canisters have their own markers, so they're impossible to miss. It was pretty straightforward. I mean, how much more explanation does one need?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

They went through the partners, as they have done other times in the past. They've used discord in the past also.  For years we have used exterior sources for ingame knowloedge and while ingame tutorials would be nice, it's never been that way and we've managed just fine till this point. If players are too lazy to even google something I have no sympathy. I'm tired of the casual crew ruining the game. Let's give them all the opticor vandal for logging on as well while we're at it.

I can't discuss partners and discord information. I assume you simply state the fact. I never felt the need, nor cared for information provided that way.

Not because of laziness, mind. It's because it ruins my immersion in the game, and that's critical component I need to enjoy any game. Otherwise I'm just juggling 1's and 0's. Lotus telling you about some crisis in game is different than random person on a stream going on about it, if you know what I mean. Also, I never felt the game didn't provide enough information to do what's needed.

In any case, that last event seemed to be sparse on the in game provided information, especially when it came to scanning the data. The thermia fissure mechanics were explained by eudico, credit where it's due.

I'm just concerned that DE is shifting focus of the game, from a narrative driven experience to a slot machine, where you enter your time instead of tokens in exchange for loot, and the lore or any narrative is abandoned or at best sidelined. For instance, lot of frames recently didn't even get any backstory, last reasonable story was for umbra. Revenan'ts was provided as shreds of what has been planned, from what I heard.

Selfish of me, I know, since that narrative is what kept me playing the game for a few years now but at the same time, isn't the reason others might be playing it.

Edited by Merrowen

4 minutes ago, Merrowen said:

I can't discuss partners and discord information. I assume you simply state the fact. I never felt the need, nor cared for information provided that way.

Not because of laziness, mind. It's because it ruins my immersion in the game, and that's critical component I need to enjoy any game. Otherwise I'm just juggling 1's and 0's. Lotus telling you about some crisis in game is different than random person on a stream going on about it, if you know what I mean. Also, I never felt the game didn't provide enough information to do what's needed.

In any case, that last event seemed to be sparse on the in game provided information, especially when it came to scanning the data. The thermia fissure mechanics were explained by eudico, credit where it's due.

I'm just concerned that DE is shifting focus of the game, from a narrative driven experience to a slot machine, where you enter your time instead of tokens in exchange for loot, and the lore or any narrative is abandoned or at best sidelined.

Selfish of me, I know, since that narrative is what kept me playing the game for a few years now but at the same time, isn't the reason others might be playing it.

When you say "the last event" are you referring to the scanning data hashes?

If so, I agree that that one was poorly explained as to the need of the scans in game, but still explained as to what needed to be done.

To me, this is a once off considering they just rolled out a lot of content and changes, I wouldn't release the hounds unless this became a trend for all events.

Going to out-of-game sources to learn details about game mechanics to optimize your build? Cool.

Going to out-of-game sources to learn details about obscure facets of the lore? Cool.

Going to out-of-game sources to learn that a particular in-game activity even exists and how you get involved with it? OBVIOUSLY NOT COOL.

The fact that people think OP is talking about the fractures just proves the problem.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

If players are too lazy to even google something I have no sympathy. I'm tired of the casual crew ruining the game. Let's give them all the opticor vandal for logging on as well while we're at it.

while i can understand that throughout warframe's existence that nine times out of ten if you want to know something, you need to look it up...
... that shouldn't be the case for everything.

i didn't even know about the data hash part of the event until i asked a more in-the-know pal about what the 'scribbled out waterfalls' were in the event tab. then actually going out to find them - even with a guide - was fairly tedious.
i cannot even imagine trying to go after them by yourself, because the game truly does not tell you where any of them could be. it is a treasure hunt for a white grain of salt on a sugar sand beach surrounded by sugary water.

i'm also kinda disappointed in the tones used towards OP in regards to wanting to keep the 'knowledge' in-game. i don't like looking things up myself because i'm always afraid of spoilers or incorrect information. you cannot spoil things for yourself in warframe unless you either go to region chat at the wrong time - or look it up on the wikia. for something like buried debts there's an obvious exception in my eyes, but that doesn't apply to everyone.

not everybody wants to crawl on their hands and knees to find small dataslates, but sometimes they don't want to completely cheapen the experience by looking up the answer.
and that's totally fine. there's no reason to be rude about how people want to experience their games.

or maybe i'm completely missing the point.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, moondog548 said:

Going to out-of-game sources to learn details about game mechanics to optimize your build? Cool.

Going to out-of-game sources to learn details about obscure facets of the lore? Cool.

Going to out-of-game sources to learn that a particular in-game activity even exists and how you get involved with it? OBVIOUSLY NOT COOL.

The fact that people think OP is talking about the fractures just proves the problem.

The lack of information provided in the opening post is more of an issue, if they're talking about a specific part of the entire event that's still currently going.

45 minutes ago, moondog548 said:

Click on the event and it took you to Fortuna. 

Go to Eudico and she starts talking about exploring the Vallis...

1 hour ago, Merrowen said:

I'm just concerned that DE is shifting focus of the game, from a narrative driven experience to a slot machine, where you enter your time instead of tokens in exchange for loot, and the lore or any narrative is abandoned or at best sidelined. For instance, lot of frames recently didn't even get any backstory, last reasonable story was for umbra. Revenan'ts was provided as shreds of what has been planned, from what I heard.

Look man you seem reasonable. I'm just so tired of this crap at this point. For years the game has been getting easier and easier with every salty tear on the forums, always pandering to them and giving baby his bottle. Remember when Bursa's were re-introduced? They owned new players everywhere cos they were too dumb to shoot it in the back, the tears flooded the forum. Literally the starting frame could stun them and trivialize them but no, warframe2hard, nerf or I quit was the attitude. I could cite a dozen more examples, Combas, Scrambus, Osprey grenades during Proxy alert, Fortuna enemies 1st week (Waaah too hard, nerf or I quit) and most recently, the flood of nightwave complaints(waaah I want exclusive stuff without working for it, nerf or I quit). To them I say go ahead and quit, they'll probably leave in a few months anyway when they become a high MR player with lots of shiny items and gear and no clue how any of it works. 

The more they pander to them the easier the game will get and where's the fun without a challenge. If i were DE I'd send a message since they like giving DE ultimatums all the time. To the people who did the scans I'd reward an exclusive item, something pointless, that gives 3k mastery. It may not annoy all of them now but I guarantee it will drive them mad as their MR creeps higher. Or alternatively i would've locked the next phase of the event away from players until they complete their scans. Damn their snowflake feelings, I can just imagine what they're like in real life, expecting life to be handed to them on a plate. 

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 2

Their approach to warframe

New event/content is out

1. Is there a reward? If No, not doing it,  not worth it. If Yes go to 2.

2. Is the item exclusive? If No, stuff that I'll just buy it instead of doing content. If Yes go to 3

3. Can I leech? If No, too hard/boring/ not doing it. If Yes go to 3.

4. Can I watch youtube while afking the content? If No, too hard/boring, not worth my time. Create complaint thread on the forum demanding the item or I quit, game's too hard, not rewarding, unfair to players who don't want to grind.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

Their approach to warframe

New event/content is out

1. Is there a reward? If No, not doing it,  not worth it. If Yes go to 2.

2. Is the item exclusive? If No, stuff that I'll just buy it instead of doing content. If Yes go to 3

3. Can I leech? If No, too hard/boring/ not doing it. If Yes go to 3.

4. Can I watch youtube while afking the content? If No, too hard/boring, not worth my time. Create complaint thread on the forum demanding the item or I quit, game's too hard, not rewarding, unfair to players who don't want to grind.

that's... kind of unfair to say in this situation.

objectively speaking they do have a 'right' to voice their complaint, especially since the gameplay for this event is pretty lackluster. no need to be hoity toity about it.

1 minute ago, Taciturnitas said:

objectively speaking they do have a 'right' to voice their complaint, especially since the gameplay for this event is pretty lackluster. no need to be hoity toity about it.

Best ignore him, he seems to be on a crusade against any form of dissent ever since Nightwave was launched.

17 minutes ago, Taciturnitas said:

Please read the post I made above this one for insight as to why I am hoity toity as you put it. It's an ongoing trend and I'm sick of DE caving to it.

Naturally theres going to ALOT of people who will say you should figure it out on your own.... bit this is poor design.... yes its hood to figure things out on your own but good games secretly bait you into the solution so you don't bang your head against the problem until something happens to work... which is how I would describe Warframe's Bosses and its god awful balancing...

Now I always youtube literally anything that even seems like it might piss me off so I don't smash my keyboard in frustration...

The Exploiter Orb videos are already out...infact they went up rather quickly so its not even a setback... gonna watch'em... Copy Cat... then save myself plenty of time and Aggravation....

• Like 2