Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I didn't do the community event because there is nothing in game that tells me what to do.

Answ5r

34 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

I also have the "right" to voice my complaint.

but that still don't mean ya gotta be a jackass about it.

which is what i've been seeing on this entire thread. you brought up a fair point but kept being demeaning to the OP and anyone else that went 'hold up'.
that's just silly.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Taciturnitas said:

but that still don't mean ya gotta be a jackass about it.

which is what i've been seeing on this entire thread. you brought up a fair point but kept being demeaning to the OP and anyone else that went 'hold up'.
that's just silly.

Oh it wasn't demeaning, it was hostile. I'm sorry, you're the voice of reason you really are but over the past few days I've seen so much pathetic attitude towards the game, ultimatums to DE, threatening to boycott, not spend money unless they get their way etc that I don't give a damn about their feelings reading my posts right now. I am so tired of them and I'm going to voice it. 

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 1

The scan event is so poorly designed. It gives poor hints (a giant map with markers for something so small like a small Goopola), no incentive (no reward, not even lore reason, you just get a random map from DE and they tell you: "go scan it" like for what reason we're doing this scanning even? I don't even know what am I scanning), it's repetitive. 

It's just a time-gate.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Look man you seem reasonable. I'm just so tired of this crap at this point. For years the game has been getting easier and easier with every salty tear on the forums, always pandering to them and giving baby his bottle. Remember when Bursa's were re-introduced? They owned new players everywhere cos they were too dumb to shoot it in the back, the tears flooded the forum. Literally the starting frame could stun them and trivialize them but no, warframe2hard, nerf or I quit was the attitude. I could cite a dozen more examples, Combas, Scrambus, Osprey grenades during Proxy alert, Fortuna enemies 1st week (Waaah too hard, nerf or I quit) and most recently, the flood of nightwave complaints(waaah I want exclusive stuff without working for it, nerf or I quit). To them I say go ahead and quit, they'll probably leave in a few months anyway when they become a high MR player with lots of shiny items and gear and no clue how any of it works. 

The more they pander to them the easier the game will get and where's the fun without a challenge. If i were DE I'd send a message since they like giving DE ultimatums all the time. To the people who did the scans I'd reward an exclusive item, something pointless, that gives 3k mastery. It may not annoy all of them now but I guarantee it will drive them mad as their MR creeps higher. Or alternatively i would've locked the next phase of the event away from players until they complete their scans. Damn their snowflake feelings, I can just imagine what they're like in real life, expecting life to be handed to them on a plate. 

Would you be surprised if I agreed with you?

Games where the goal is to face some enemy stand or fall (among a few other things) on the quality of these enemies. For a few years now the power creep took care of most of the challenge in the game. Personally, I feel that around the time void keys were a thing it seemed to be reasonable. Game offered something to low mastery rank, as well as to the ones on top. But with incremental boosts to player power, including rivens, new weapons and so on, that challenge seem to be mostly gone, and relegated to boss fights.

And that is NOT a good thing. With game based around retaining players for a long time, more and more will end up at max rank and in a lot of cases, face the same problem you have. Game becomes too easy.

Then some people will leave. That is not healthy for the community.

I just wish that problems of this sort were discussed as something that concerns the whole playerbase, which it does, instead of being fought over. Whichever side 'wins' this fight, the 'hardcore' or 'casual', the other side will lose. And in both cases, some people will leave the game. And as a result, whole community will suffer.

P.S.

It's hard to tell at this point, but perhaps that incoming new faction will take over the place of stronger, end game resistance? Once can hope.

Edited by Merrowen

2 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

The scan event is so poorly designed. It gives poor hints (a giant map with markers for something so small like a small Goopola), no incentive (no reward, not even lore reason, you just get a random map from DE and they tell you: "go scan it" like for what reason we're doing this scanning even? I don't even know what am I scanning), it's repetitive. 

It's just a time-gate.

well, there is a lore reason for it. on random scans  you get dialogue that ultimately takes you to a certain crater... but initially it's never explained.

once you get started things pick up. it's just that the locations either make sense or are in the ass-crack of a dead living wall.

It is basically Dark Souls level of make your own lore and info with vague hints or secret details.

I have nothing against exploring or the wiki, it hlpes out yes, but here i ask DE, use the Codex, make it useful.

Make enemys and objects scanning valuable, give little lore info in the codex entrys like with simaris targets has, why did that stop as example?

New content is nice but maybe let it connect or relate to the world still and give it a reason, so you slowly uncover things like the ordis fragments.

Wiki should still be a optional thing and help out but should not be mandatory to use on such events and or quests, looking at you Inaros Enemy Icons, etc.

Edited by Marine027
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Merrowen said:

Would you be surprised if I agreed with you?

Games where the goal is to face some enemy stand or fall (among a few other things) on the quality of these enemies. For a few years now the power creep took care of most of the challenge in the game. Personally, I feel that around the time void keys were a thing it seemed to be reasonable. Game offered something to low mastery rank, as well as to the ones on top. But with incremental boosts to player power, including rivens, new weapons and so on, that challenge seem to be mostly gone, and relegated to boss fights.

And that is NOT a good thing. With game based around retaining players for a long time, more and more will end up at max rank and in a lot of cases, face the same problem you have. Game becomes too easy.

Then some people will leave. That is not healthy for the community.

I just wish that problems of this sort were discussed as something that concerns the whole playerbase, which it does, instead of being fought over. Whichever side 'wins' this fight, the 'hardcore' or 'casual', the other side will lose. And in both cases, some people will leave the game. And as a result, whole community will suffer.

P.S.

It's hard to tell at this point, but perhaps that incoming new faction will take over the place of stronger, end game resistance? Once can hope.

Pleasantly suprised, I wanted to make sure I was polite to you because you seem like a very good natured person. I am too normally but these latest forum threads have just pushed me to the brink. And I'm with you, I hate rivens and all the random Primed mods just chucked into the game offering nothing but power creep. It sounds like we share a similar viewpoint in game design and player values. Here's hoping the new faction and Railjack sorts the men from the boys but DE are already pandering to casuals complaining that Nightwave is too hard(are you kidding me?) so I will remain hopeful but not overly optimistic.

The difficulity of the game is always be levelled to the casual players or semi hardcore players whom want just have fun without using their braincells. Except some whom despite casual using their head and figuring out the things it themselves. There is a line between poor design and catering someone but as always happend the entertainment always downgraded into the simpliest levels just to cater peoples because in the real life they may or may not meet with challenges and their brain capacity ends after so they seek easy things. This is viewpoint question because everything is searchable and you can figure it if you wish but there is a thing if the devs once deciding to give helpful hands that mean they need to make good hints and tutorials to practice the game as a whole.

I personally not really paid attention to the nigtwave or other quests because I prefer to play what I like to do but I don't find these hard at all and the majority of the missions is doable if you reached a certain level and acquired a gear level which can help you in later game.

Game design is a hard task because they need to decide ultimately they want easy money and a lot in short time or they want money in long term. For this they need cater different groups and provide challenge, and puzzles so those whom want challenge can get some while the casuals and other non serious playing groups play the game can also have some fun. DE is not good at balancing and not good either at endgame so they cannot really provide that what the different groups wants and this slowly will push away these groups in time.

I personally a type whom likes challenges and puzzles but not spending too much time on the game unless I have the mood to do it. I do not farm the game for items I just play for the pure fun.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Well, looking things up is part of the game, so...

not by design but because they cbfa after all this time from longer term people caving in and wandering over to warframe wiki out of habbit.

Fair play the OP should know better due to game age but new players?  not so much.

Edited by Methanoid
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Berserkerkitten said:

No offense, but are we talking about the fractures here? Because the game pretty much explains it all, starting with the fact it tells you to go to the vallis. Once there, the fractures are all over the place. I didn't look it up. My first impulse was to land on one and the game literally told me to find and crack open a cooling raknoid. Their canisters have their own markers, so they're impossible to miss. It was pretty straightforward. I mean, how much more explanation does one need?

I believe the "community event" that is discussed here was the Scanning stuff.

And indeed, if you don't watch any Youtube video or whatever, that's impossible to actually know it even exists or what to do. The only thing that was available was a puzzle sent to some partners (who tf are they ? No idea, nor do I want to know, they're just "content creators" who have basically 0 added value to anything for me) on the internet which gave out the locations. Why not making that available to everyone in game ?

But for sure there will be people telling you they looked for the scans themselves. They'll even tell you they found them all in less than an hour.

Edited by Chewarette

8 hours ago, moondog548 said:

Going to out-of-game sources to learn details about game mechanics to optimize your build? Cool.

Going to out-of-game sources to learn details about obscure facets of the lore? Cool.

Going to out-of-game sources to learn that a particular in-game activity even exists and how you get involved with it? OBVIOUSLY NOT COOL.

The fact that people think OP is talking about the fractures just proves the problem.

None of the above are cool. All of the above should be incorporated in the game.

Frankly I'm amazed OP has played the game for as long as he has.

I've been having to look stuff up in the Wiki or asking questions on the forum, pretty much since I started. Far as I'm concerned, its just part of playing this game.

For me its a throwback to early video games, where you got very little in the way of instructions and had to figure stuff out on your own (and cheats & walkthroughs could only be found in magazines).

Not saying better in-game assistance wouldn't be a good idea...it would (mainly for new players). But I've been playing the game for a year and half now and I've just got used to it. You learn to adapt and find other ways of getting the info you need.

Guess some people are just too snowflakey and feeble-minded and want everything handed to them on a plate. And refusing to do it just because there isn't an in-game notice...even after you found out about it...is just plain childish.

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

I believe the "community event" that is discussed here was the Scanning stuff.

And indeed, if you don't watch any Youtube video or whatever, that's impossible to actually know it even exists or what to do. The only thing that was available was a puzzle sent to some partners (who tf are they ? No idea, nor do I want to know, they're just "content creators" who have basically 0 added value to anything for me) on the internet which gave out the locations. Why not making that available to everyone in game ?

But for sure there will be people telling you they looked for the scans themselves. They'll even tell you they found them all in less than an hour.

Clicking on the event sent you to Fortuna. Clicking on Eudico told you about the hashes and said to explore the Vallis. Vague I know but googling it like anything else that confuses in this game, brought the solution. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a better ingame system, of course there should. But saying it was too hard to figure out is just not true.

Edited by Zilchy

I forgive you insulting me Zilchy. It seems you are very passionate about the game. I admire that. I really do. But you don't have to insult me or other people using that passion. I simply stated the facts why I didn't do the event and I didn't call out anyone, belittle anyone, or get angry at anyone. I would appreciate the same level of treatment if you would kindly give it. Thank you.

With that being stated I didn't get a chance to fight the boss yet. I haven't decided if I will or won't. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Answ5r said:

I forgive you insulting me Zilchy. It seems you are very passionate about the game. I admire that. I really do. But you don't have to insult me or other people using that passion. I simply stated the facts why I didn't do the event and I didn't call out anyone, belittle anyone, or get angry at anyone. I would appreciate the same level of treatment if you would kindly give it. Thank you.

With that being stated I didn't get a chance to fight the boss yet. I haven't decided if I will or won't. 

I apologise. I must admit it was supposed to be levelled more at the majority of threads I've seen posted this last week complaining, giving ultimatums etc. You genuinely seem to not be one of them so you're right, I shouldn't lump you in with the rest of them. For that I apologise.

I have seen red over this week watching DE cave to the lazy brigade that has infested this game more and more and having tried reasoning with them time and time again and being laughed at etc for presenting my arguments, I've finally had enough and don't believe they're worth my consideration of their feelings anymore. DE's inability to stand up and say NO to the snowflakes is ruining the game so much that we get challenges like "open 20 lockers" for crying out loud, while any suggestion of spiking the difficulty is seen as "unfair to the new players" cos they can't do it hence content is locked from them. So far the hardest challenges dished out by nightwave would barely make the bottom rank tests in my clan and the required effort for this event has also been a non-event compared to previous events. I didn't know what to do either, so I clicked on the event, got taken to Fortuna, clicked on Eudico which seemed obvious (she's the head of Fortuna) and got told about the hashes to find. I didn't know what that meant so I googled it and voila.

This is how it's always been no matter if we might prefer an ingame system, it's always been like this. But now due to player laziness DE just caves when what they should've done is made it a quest. That way you either choose to progress or you don't. But that would upset the delicate feelings of all the snowflakes. This game is becoming a joke and they're to blame and while I apologise for my assumptions of you, I make no apologies for my attitude towards them. In 2 months time they'll have gotten bored of getting everything without effort, become a high MR clueless player and quit the game, leaving it less challenging and off on their next venture to find another game to complain about. While long term players are left with a worse game than before.

Edited by Zilchy

vor 31 Minuten schrieb Answ5r:

While some find it a bit frustrating to do solo, I do highly recommend giving it a shot if you have a friend or two to tag along. It's a fun enough battle and the game explains the mechanics fairly well imho. I had no trouble figuring it out. The one thing you may not enjoy is having to figure out where the entrance is, so... 

Edited by Berserkerkitten
  • Like 3

Well... You're all blaming each other over nothing. Me you see, I just looked up at the game's patch notes talking the update, there's a big part entitled "WHAT YOU NEED TO DO" or such. And voila.

I mean, if you really expect an MMO to have absolutly ALL of itself explained in-game, ALWAYS, then you clearly missed something on the genra.

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

It's a general discussion forum. I have been demeaned, belittled, insulted in other threads I tried to be reasonable in, go see for yourself. I have the right to my opinion and to air that opinion, just as they do.

I have seen - you've pretty much started out with an entitled attitude with no empathy from the get go, so sorry, I won't buy you being the victim.
You continually read what you want, and refuse to understand the positions of others.
You've been the aggressor from the start.

You have the *right* to say whatever you want to - doesn't mean you wont be dragged for tearing people apart over a video game, where people just want to have fun.

Edited by simplygnome