Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kela De Thaym - Boss fight Issues - Megathread

Kritikal_PT

I am having this exact problem as well. I've tried three times now to fight her, but on phase three her health bar goes blank and I cannot seem to hit her. We are both playing solo, so I'll try it in multiplayer to see if anything is different.

My buddy and I were doing this last night as well and noticed that this was a thing. I thought it was rather annoying, but I was thinking to myself just a moment ago. I don't remember Kayla De Thaym being invincible. Hell of a thing though.
GPtbhCR.png

hace 12 horas, [DE]Bear dijo:

Hey Folks,

Just letting you know that we are aware of an issue with Kela's Boss fight and are looking into a solution for a Hotfix. Stay posted!

Thanks for the reply, my friend wants to get Saryn, and I did not believe him when he told me there was a mistake.

So, I noticed in the patch notes from yesterday's hotfix that the issue with Kela De Thaym was supposed to have been fixed. So I ran her again. The first time I did it worked like a charm. The second time I ran her, it looked like the same issue was going to crop up; the UI symptoms were there, but after 10ish seconds, she keeled over and died. Got my loot and everything. Then I ran her a third time. The same issued that was supposed to have gotten fixed in the hotfix happened again. I left after about a minute of Kela being invincible. I ran the mission again, figuring maybe this time it would work better. Same issue. She was invincible on the last step again.

Having the same issue. I fought her several times today, and she was always invincible at the last stage. 5 times, she'd change the dialogue after about a minute and die, The other 4 times, this didn't happen, she just stayed invincible and we had to quit.

I just beat her, took me an absolutely absurd amount of time though. It's like she gets a huge health buff during that last few phases and nothing can breaks through unless you take a stupid amount of time to slowly kill her with bug bite hits. I cheesed it immensely with Inaros and a Vaykor Marlock that was potated a couple of times with a lot of blast damage on it.

Got to the fourth phase and she just kept hopping around but was showing a health bar and damage but it didn't go down quickly. I discovered if you hide in the tunnels that the rollers come out of it causes them to explode when you're in as far as you can go. I would hop out, empty a clip into her, hop back into the tube before the rollers could swarm me, and when my health was low I would wait until my energy would recharge (thank god for Energy Siphon, am I right?) and then feed off of the balls by walking out far enough to cause them to swarm and then feasted on the first one that was unlucky enough to get to me first.

It took about an hour to finally complete (which is more than a little bugged) but she is killable kinda. This whole experience not including the times where you get stuck in the platform at the beginning and using /unstuck gets you booted below the boss room instead or her glitching into the floor.

Im getting the same issues with Kela however im able to consistantly beat her solo.

Ive fought her over 10 times today grinding and I think that the glitch either has to do with using ignis (Or aoe damge weapons) to shoot all of the green plates at once or status effects or something kill kela during the second orbital strike phase. Thats my guess anyway as the only times ive been able to complete the fight as normal is without anybody in the squad using it. Still needs testing but thats my theory so far.

Doing the Boss with a friend for The Twin Kohmak BP, i can confirm only the Host can kill her in the last phase. My friend cant even damage her, she's invulnerable for him. Also she seems to have a lot more HP than usual.

Finally, i dont know if its bad RNG but the The Twin Kohmak BP doesnt seem to drop at all (25% drop rate according to wiki), we have like 7 saryn fullset and all the mods multiples times.

On 2019-03-17 at 9:34 AM, King_Hig said:

status effects or something kill kela during the second orbital strike phase.

This thing I could believe.  I keep using lots of status effects.  The one game where nothing bad happened, everyone in the squad knew what they were doing and we DPSed her really hard during the damage phases.  I barely had time to strip her armor before she advanced to the next phase.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there any update on this yet? Tried this fight twice with a friend today and had the same issue where she can't be damaged on the last stage.

(Update) I reread the posts in detail and can confirm that only the host can deal damage to her in the final round. At least as long as she doesn't disappear behind a wall...

Edited by (PS4)crashteddy03

• 2 weeks later...

Found this bug as well. Host can damage only, potentially allows procs and spawned in allies (like clem and specters) to assist if the glitched player hits Kela and procs.  I proc'd heat damage on her from firewalker as Nezha, and it triggered Clem and my specter to start attacking her, allowing us to complete (My poor noob husband was the host).  People outside of the host could not even see the health bar.  I had to keep looking at his screen to check if we were doing damage. I'll upload the video from my perspective here, but its a nasty bug. Happened two times in a row to us, had to abort the first time (we had hoped it would just resolve itself).

Details:

Team of two

Normal fight until the last stage

1hp bar visible to the non-host player

Host could deal damage

AIs could (seemingly) deal damage as well

On 2019-03-17 at 10:34 AM, King_Hig said:

I think that the glitch either has to do with using ignis (Or aoe damge weapons) to shoot all of the green plates at once

This could have something to do with it.  I used the ignis wraith on my runs. I know at least once we completed stage two's plates right as the orbital strike hit, so maybe she tried to spawn in at that point and got rekt? Not sure.

• 1 month later...

I tried to kill her with Misa. At the first phase, she appeared correctly.  I quickly caused her enough damage via Misa's 4th ability to start the second phase.
After an orbital strike, she appeared already in this form but she still could be damaged. I used the 4th ability again to start third phase. 
And at next appearing she became totaly invulnerable.

UPD: 

First attempt was in a group of two people and I was not a host. Second player was to weak to deal enought damage(don't ask).
Host can deal damage to the boss during all phases.
Boss can be a target of all player's abilities but will receive damage only from host.2F26lWXPXUs.jpg

Edited by Armageddontoday

• 3 weeks later...

Hi DE,

I want to report an issue with my experience with this boss fight. I reached the second phase of the fight, but got stuck in this round. She was just behind the door, and nothing else happened. Hope this is sorted out soon. Thanks!

• 2 years later...