Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

REALLY slow patch download speed

Sarutoba

Patches used to take minutes.  Now they take hours.  I have a 155 Mbps download speed.  The patch is downloading at 5 KBps.  This has been happening for the last few patches.  I have googled the issue and tried all of the solutions provided (turn off IPv6, disable multi-threaded rendering and Launcher GPU acceleration in the launcher) and still 5 KBps.  What else can I do to fix this?

• Like 1

The last few patches and updates have really been slow for me/also have a 100 mb/s (on speedtest) but on downloads the highest it went was 3 mb/s but 90% of the time its mostly on the hundreds Kilobytes and on this patch only 20-30 😕

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Downloads are slow because the servers are slow.  My down speed is 200x faster than the 500 KB/s I'm getting on this update right now.  No money spent on hosting servers (peer hosted) and seemingly very little money spent on update distribution servers, at least on xbox side.

UPDATE:  200-500 KB/s   The ~250 I'm getting now is an average including all of the faster download periods.  I've been downloading the same 10 MB for the last 10 minutes.  I estimate that I'm actually getting less then 100 KB/s down.  Now in ISDN speeds, rapidly approaching dialup speeds.  Atrocious.

Edited by (XB1)DakVoidcloaker

• 1 month later...

Same here, for the last week.   Download used to take 30-40 minutes, now it's 1.5 hours.  I play at the library so that may be an issue.  The IT here is useless, no point in asking them any more.  Is there someting I can do about this?

Tuning in to let you know it's still happening.  I looked up ways to help the speeds and did some messing around myself to no avail.  Just sitting at 1mb/s TOPS.  I'm going to search the forums and see if anyone has addressed or even acknowledged the issue..

You guys know that sections of the internet between you and what you're connected to affect the speed of things too right? Unless you're plugged into the same hub in the same room as the thing you're connected to, there are other computers and transmission lines passing the information along and any problems on that path can slow things down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Turning of the firewalls and proxy speeded it up some.  Still have days where it takes almost 2 hours.   Hobie-Wan, it downloaded for 3 months between 30-4o minutes evey day and then turned into a toaster.   Warframe support sent me the firewalls and proxy idea.

1 hour ago, Quetsweyo said:

Turning of the firewalls and proxy speeded it up some.  Still have days where it takes almost 2 hours.   Hobie-Wan, it downloaded for 3 months between 30-4o minutes evey day and then turned into a toaster.   Warframe support sent me the firewalls and proxy idea.

Right, and computers and connections along the way can have issues from time to time. Road and TV broadcast conditions change all the time too.

I have a 300 mb/s fibre optic connection.  I can download a 25 GB game off of steam in less than 10 minutes flat.  Yet when I do ANY patch from the Warframe launcher (note: Warframe is installed directly from their website, not through Steam), I am often downloading at a measely 2 mb/s at most.  It can take the same amount of time as a 25 GB game, sometimes longer.

A serious investigation needs to be conducted into this matter by their server engineers.

"Measly 2mb/s"

LMAO

Here I am, steadily downloading between 50-150kb/s when updates come through. Perhaps you should educate yourself on the correct terminology to use for downstream vs link speeds and the difference between a megabit and a megabyte....as well as how networking functions as a whole.

Edited by Vaeldious

• 1 month later...

Let me just necro this one one cause it's one of the top search results on your's truly.

I ran into the same issue.

Turns out Windows 10 Virus protection seems to be the culprit. The second I disabled it the download went from dial-up modem speed to the 400mbps it's supposed to be on my connection.

Just don't forget to turn it back on when the DL is done. It does have its merits.

Edit: words

Edited by rj134

On 2019-09-04 at 10:31 PM, rj134 said:

Let me just necro this one one cause it's one of the top search results on your's truly.

I ran into the same issue.

Turns out Windows 10 Virus protection seems to be the culprit. The second I disabled it the download went from dial-up modem speed to the 400mbps it's supposed to be on my connection.

Just don't forget to turn it back on when the DL is done. It does have its merits.

Edit: words

Oh my god , turned off that windows 10 virus protection just now , the download speed suddenly went up like crazy to my usual download speed. Thanks mate

• 1 month later...
On 2019-09-10 at 9:38 AM, SuperJF said:

Oh my god , turned off that windows 10 virus protection just now , the download speed suddenly went up like crazy to my usual download speed. Thanks mate

For some reason it isn't working for me, nothing is!

• 1 year later...

Necroposting but I think I found the solution for people that only uses windows anti-virus, uncheck Bulk download and Agressive download options in the launcher. If the error presents again try checking those options again. At least that fixes the error for me every time it presents, just altern between checking and unchecking those options until its back to your regular download speed.

On 2019-03-15 at 4:52 AM, Sarutoba said:

I have a 155 Mbps download speed.

i always found such silly statement rather cute: you people never ever think that YOUR dl-speed isn't the only factor when it comes to how fast a download will occure...

seriously, learn damn basics of networking before complaining and better yet: just search through the forum for once to discover that such question are ask about 6 times a month (yes, using the 'search' function is a somewhat highlevel skill but one you also should learn - it's worth it)

6 hours ago, Nythus said:

Necroposting but I think I found the solution for people that only uses windows anti-virus, uncheck Bulk download and Agressive download options in the launcher. If the error presents again try checking those options again. At least that fixes the error for me every time it presents, just altern between checking and unchecking those options until its back to your regular download speed.

yes, the 'bulk' option is very often the problem solver... and if not, it can gae many other (usually temporary) reasons like server being at max. connection or bandwidth as well as routing problems between the two points of the connection or even other software using the own bandwidth without being allowed to (not only malware does this but legit ware too at times)... but the bulk option is what DE suggested themself to test out. and no, that is not because their servers are crappy connected, they are not but because of unstable connection the users have - most often their damn mobile/wireless/3g/4g/5g uplink that offers great bandwith (theoretically) but forget to mention the downside which is are very poor stability of connection, especially in dense urban region where far too many people connect to the internet via the same antenna. those mobile connection are only good for internet browing, mails and messengers but for any realtime applications like gaming or video calling they are crap - just watch the latency (the ping, as most people call it nowadays) goes up and down most of the time even into the 1k+++ milliseconds, just to go down to lower than 100ms right after...)