Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave rework suggestions

podbacx

Dear DE Team,

I am writing to you about the Nightwave and to please ask you to reconsider the rewards system.
To begin with, it is a nice update and a welcome change to the Alerts' system and also, you managed to get a nice and engaging story behind it. But, at the same time, we think some minor modifications to the rewards are needed.

For starters, the number of wolf creds awarded is very low and far apart, since you win a total of 250 wolf creds throughout the 10 weeks event. And while there will be a very small number of players reaching lvl30 and going back to lvl1 to win some more, the vast majority will finish at about lvl 25 or 27. With these 250 wolf creds they can buy some auras (but this is already problematic, since this being the only way to buy them, the market value of auras has sky rocketed, reaching 110p for Corrosive Projection) and some Nitain. But they will not be able to buy any helmets or vauban parts or skins, unless we all pay platinum. .
Which is fine. Really. I totally agree with paying platinum, but what about the Desert-Camo skins, which cannot be bought for platinum? What about the Atterax and Tonkor Desert-Camo skins (1st week of rewards) to which it was impossible to reach the number of creds to buy them and also not available for platinum. 
Our suggestion is to increase to 100 instead of 50 wolf creds, retroactively.

Moreover, the lvl29 reward, the Umbral Forma. If it is a blueprint, then it is ok, ignore next paragraph. 
If it is one umbral forma as-is (already crafted) then please re-consider; we are talking, best case scenario, about almost 40 frames, all requiring 2 or 3 umbral formas and more than 12 melees all needing 1-2 umbral formas. Worst case scenario, if we just pick top 3 frames and top 2 melees, we are still talking about a minimum of 5 umbral formas. Not 1. 
Also, some players really struggle to do all of Nora's challenges and get to lvl 29 for ... 1 umbral forma? If also, you are considering of running Nightwave indefinitely, still , to get 1 umbral forma every 8-10 weeks is too far afart. You will lose engagement and add some disappointment to the very nice Nora event.Please turn this reward in a non-trade-able umbra forma blueprint and, no matter the material required, it will still be better than having just one.

Finally, about the transmissions, quick suggestion: please consider reducing them, since after a while, as much as we love Nora and her voice, it can become annoying. Yes, challange done, "standing" received, but queue her voice lines less for Daily or Weekly or Free Room, keeping 100% only for Elite Weekly.

Thank you so much to the time taken to read this, and we really do hope you consider the above.

Finally, again, thank you for an awesome game! Keep it up!

@[DE]Steve @[DE]Rebecca@[DE]Megan

Edited by podbacx

I'm pretty sure that it's intended that you can't get everything there is from the very first Nightwave alone because then you'd be back to square one, where there is nothing to do in the game.

Because of this your idea is absolutly counterproductive the the very reason, why the system was implemented in the first place.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

I'm pretty sure that it's intended that you can't get everything there is from the very first Nightwave alone because then you'd be back to square one, where there is nothing to do in the game.

Because of this your idea is absolutly counterproductive the the very reason, why the system was implemented in the first place.

Ty for your comment, although i must correct you. With each iteration you are motivated to get more wolf creds (for all the items in offerings, which you cannot have from first event)  more weapon slots, catalysts, kuva, arcane energize, formas, etc... so next time, please pay attention to rewards before you sate that going to lvl1 back again is not useful.

Also, by stating that my idea is "absolutly counterproductive" , which is a strong statement, please give some reasons too. 

The system was implemented to attract players who missed the alerts as they poped up and to get more engagement, as stated by DE.

Ty.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb podbacx:

The system was implemented to attract players who missed the alerts as they poped up and to get more engagement, as stated by DE.

That is an additional advantage, however, the actual goal of any battlepass is to provide players with an easy way to implement replayable content.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb podbacx:

Also, by stating that my idea is "absolutly counterproductive" , which is a strong statement, please give some reasons too. 

I already did.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Walkampf:

Edited by Walkampf

19 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

That is an additional advantage, however, the actual goal of any battlepass is to provide players with an easy way to implement replayable content.

I already did.

Are you trolling or do logical questions surpass you?

In any case, the above is for DE, not for you;

Thank you for your engagement, i am glad these replies added to your 800replies, not let DE answer, please

Edited by podbacx

vor 4 Minuten schrieb podbacx:

i am glad these replies added to your 1.3k replies, not let DE answer, please

1.3 is my reputaion, not my replies. You don't even understand yhowthis forum works and yet you try to understand a long term-system of a videogame...

I think you are in waaaaaay over your head.

12 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

1.3 is my reputaion, not my replies. You don't even understand yhowthis forum works and yet you try to understand a long term-system of a videogame...

I think you are in waaaaaay over your head.

1. i corrected my post

2. you really can't stop replying even when i said this post is not for you? anyways, not gonna indulge you with logical arguments or replies or ask you to explain the connection between my 1 mistake (1.3 vs 800) and my understanding of the game. Again, ty for your time, go troll somewhere else.

LE: next time you quote, quote the whole thing, not only the part that suits you best

Edited by podbacx

Personally I think the weekly challenges themselves shouldn't expire. So as soon as they are available you have until the end of the event to do them. They could actually get away with increasing the percentage of completion to get to tier 30 at that point. Because at that point you can always theoretically get to Tier 30 even if you joined the event near the end instead of just walking in, looking at the event and writing it off because nothing you do is going to get you where you want to go. 

Alternatively people who where here for the whole event but say where not at a place where they could complete sorties when the sortie weeklies popped up but where able to complete sorties by the end of the event, wouldn't just be left out of the sortie completion points just because they where capriciously placed near the start of the event. 

Dailies on the other hand, no problem with those expiring.