Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does the community have any Ephemera ideas?

Zahnny

Expanding the idea of Warframe walking/body effects a bit:

Mach Speed Ephemera (Archwing Sprint Ephemera)
Sound barrier break effect (conal cloud and burst) (applied to Archwing in atmosphere during hold-dash speed - would look weird in space) Leaves a contrail.

Overdrive Wake Ephemera (Global Sprint Ephemera)
Your movement creates walls of dust and wind (and water when over water/toxin pools) as if you carved a wedge in it as you pass through, when you sprint or travel on vehicles (both hoverboard and archwing when close enough to the ground). Sorta creates a tunnel effect, spreading out from your feet until it's a little more than body-wide. (It could create a convex "shield" of air in front of you instead, that it spreads out from, rather than from the feet, especially for archwing when not near the ground, and this would be a tunnel effect from that convex frontal air shield - this may already be mostly the effect we see while arch-sprinting, but this would be visible as a trail to others as well.)

Scanner Ephemera (Robotics Ephemera)
A scanning wave of light, similar to Kuva fortress sensors, emanates from your Sentinel/Moa.

Trinitite Ephemera (walking/sprinting)
Create shiny glass footprints.

Just throwing my input in with the rest, but some of these suggestions in here are pretty over the top. Small or subtle effects are nice. This is kinda what it's supposed to be, something more passive. Full player or environmental (room) effects would just blend in too much with warframe abilities, enemy abilities, gunfire, explosions, etc. and just lead to more visual clutter.

On 2019-03-15 at 4:47 PM, Aldain said:

Bullet casing Ephemera, leaves a trail of bullet casings with each step, more casings drop if you walk while shooting/reloading.

If this was made a thing, I'd hope the bullets dropped would be based on what weapons you are using (if applicable)

e.g. if a weapon reload drops a magazine on the floor that magazine would be used by the Ephemera or even alternate with your primary and secondary.

37 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

If this was made a thing, I'd hope the bullets dropped would be based on what weapons you are using (if applicable)

e.g. if a weapon reload drops a magazine on the floor that magazine would be used by the Ephemera or even alternate with your primary and secondary.

Maybe have the insides and a few bits have colorable glow. So you can make them look either like regular casings or some kind of energy round without needing extra models.

Edited by TinFoilMkIV

I'd be happy to see Ephemera interacting with other Ephemera, such as when one warframe's powers are buffing another's, or if--and this is only speculatory--each piece of equipment has a minor Ephemera, the sum total from all parts could create a whole Ephemera. (ex. aura, shape, inner/outer color, motion, etc)

• Like 1

At the risk of having missed and repeating some...

• Molten steel footprints with a bit of smoke, and slowly fading

• Void tree branches sprouting from the ground (like in the Orokin planter but smaller)

• Smoke again, but ghostly shapes, like vague hands, bones and faces

• Eyes -- bonus points if they're blinking and moving; could be half-closed, too

• Little Threshcones on the ground (to lure in small woodland critters)

• The effect that indicates the G3 are about to invade, but probably more faint and more random

• Oberon's deluxe skin has these energy leaves floating up from his footsteps. A similar effect, but with leaves slowly floating from the body to the ground, fading mid-air

• Something like Tyrael's Wings -- but really faint please, only hinted at

• Wave-like distortions on the ground when taking steps, making it look like it's kind of liquid (think ocean waves, not ripples)

• Lego
Edited by Kontrollo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

*takes notes*

Great ideas in this thread. 

personally id make the request that you could color them separably from your frame energy color 

like i wanna use the blood one but i don't want it to look like im being followed by orange flavored yogurt and maybe let us have a "intensity" slider for how subtle or unsubtle we want the effect to be also maybe make the effect splat abit when you hard fall or land from a sizeable drop 

besides that here is a idea from my midnight sleep needing brain

haunting Ephemra - tailed by the specters and ghosts of those you killed in your past be perfect for Halloween maybe a faint wailing sound when you walk around too for some added spook maybe have it grow in intensity for abit when you kill something as you add to sea of dead you've already made  

• Like 2

I'm really loving the ephermera's!

Some more elemental ones would be very cool additions!
I'd love to see a Tectonic Ephemera! Each step cleave the ground and rocks jolt up from the weight/sheer power ^^ maybe dust particles falling off the shoulders too, like they've just risen from the earth!
A broken chains Ephemera? Maybe some flowing chains streaming of the back of the warframe, breaking apart at the end as the tenno strides forward in their freedom

Maybe a small, swirling galaxy with some teeny planets and some rocks floating behind? X3 Now the universe really does revolve around you 😎

I also really love the idea of the credits one said earlier!

and the Animal paw prints one would be so cute on valkyr if put in ❤️

Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but I would love to see a few ephemera based around certain elements; space, paw prints, feathers, and the Sentients!

Spatial Ephemera
Similar to the cosmic dust decoration for the dojo, it would have a galaxy-like effect.
Crafting Requirements: Nova Systems.

Paw Print Ephemera
An ephemera that leaves a small trail of paw prints behind your Warframe! Valkitties unite!
Crafting Requirements: Valkyr Systems.

Feather Ephemera
An ephemera that leaves a dancing trail of falling feathers behind your Warframe.
Crafting Requirements: Zephyr Systems.

Sentient Ephemera
An ephemera that adds Sentient-like tendrils to your Warframe(similar to the ever lovely Limbo Deluxe skin) and fiery, wispy energy it is affect by your health. The more you have, the brighter they glow—the less you have the dimmer it becomes.
Crafting Requirements: Revenant Systems.

Matrix Code:
I saw one suggestion for footprints above, but I would prefer it for the body. Could even be in written in one of the warframe languages...actually.

• Grineer version: Uses grineer letters. Is aquired from hacking grineer consoles, spy vaults would have a slightly higher chance. Crafted with 1m Credits, 250 Detonite Ampules, Loki Systems, 1 Vitus Essence
  • Corpus version: Uses corpus letters. Is aquired from hacking corpus consoles, spy vaults would have a slightly higher chance. Crafted with 1m Credits, 250 Fieldron Samples, Loki Systems, 1 Vitus Essence
  • Tenno version: Uses tennobet. Is aquired from spy vaults on Lua. Crafted with 1m Credits, 30 Orokin Cells, Loki Systems, 1 Vitus Essence

Just for refrence, here is a gif, imagine the above in it. 

Spoiler

Свързано изображение

En 18/3/2019 a las 11:47, [DE]Drew dijo:

*takes notes*

Great ideas in this thread. 

So far, i was neutral to the idea. But I'm starting to feel excited, if any of these are implemented.

Tennogen Ephimeras Soon ™️

Would it be possible to have an afterimage of our frame?  If so....

Afterimage: Creates afterimage of frame (copies snapshot pose similar to Saryn's Molt, transparency of Nyx's projections of Chaos and color of frame energy.  Appears as frame moves every about .5 seconds, Disappears after maybe 1.5 seconds and perhaps some fade effect so it isn't just suddenly disappear).

Would it be possible to tie the trigger of an ephemera to things other than movement or just the body?  If so...

Stand: Since we are throwing ideas... Warframe poses, a ghostly visage of our operator (or maybe a base operator in a Zariman suit for generic) posed in just standing of the Titania noble stance (without the idle animation) slightly behind with the 'feet' of the operator standing about waist high of the Warframe.

Would it be possible for an ephemera to override parts of a warframe?  If so...

Headless: Replaces helmet cosmetic with energy color flame/smoke/'energy particles'.

I don't know how many are viable but thought they would be fun.