Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding optional First person mode

DorneliosV

I do not know if it happened to you, that sometimes with big vultuous warframe (chroma) that cover half of the screen and more when you aiming, obstructing the sight of the enemies that you have in front side and it is annoying, sometimes i need turn my camera from time to time, which is a time-killer 

ift they can add a FP option it will be great.

"But what about bullet jumping?"
When you play Loki perma invisibilty (with black energy) you can't see him and feels like FP and i love it you feel you going really fast, doesn't  obstruct the whole screen

Most of the people that only played 3rd person games that tend to bring the same puking/motion-sickness issue, is because they believe the camera would be attached to the head of the character, and it'd roll with it. Lmfao I'd literally die of vomit, even if I played fps games with high mobility. But it won't be like that: thus for the purposes of gameplay, it stays fixed within a certain position of your character. Whenever you roll, bullet-jump, etc, you'd still be able to move your camera to see your surroundings just like you could in 3rd person. (Unreal Tournament back in 1999 even had the dodge feature, which is a roll to the sides, but the player would never see the camera rolling), see Tribes acend, titan fall2, CS surf like those game are fast.  

Just DE need to change nothing but remove the character model and zoom a little, nothing breaks and ppl who want 1st person get "nearly" 1st person EASY 
even if it is not implemented very well, extra options are never a bad thing 

Edited by DorneliosV
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

First and third are completely different in terms of programming.

first is easier to code since you dont need to do any animations for the player except for the hands. the other players dont need me to have a model of the warframe in my client for them to see me on their client.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

That's..absolutely not how any of this works. First and third are completely different in terms of programming. 

In term of programming it's the same thing but you have to change some game mechanics and some camera problems.

• Like 1

I don't see the problem with including FP into the game as games should have options to begin with. We do need more FOV and options to scroll more left and right and to be fair this game is about customization on frames so why not on camera angles and options. The more can only mean better for all players.

I don't really get why people dislike the idea because the whole point is to play the game how you like so if FP's is what people want fine ok good thumbs up and let them have it while the rest play in third person.

• Like 3

Hate to be that guy but if you dislike Third person that much then this game isn't for you.

Much like how I dislike First Person, when I played Destiny I just had to accept the game for its style.

I've seen this same thread on Destiny forums asking for a Third Person mode.

Bungie has 0 intention of ever implementing it in the game. (Swords & Supers swap gameplay to Third Person so the community argued that it was already in the game) but for base gameplay the coding isn't there & Bungie didn't want to have to program it in as well as adding in new animations & etc.

For Warframe the devs would have to recode the game in many ways as well, add in person graphics for all guns & melee weapons, reload animations, probably change up the UI as some elements do not mix well with First Person.

And they WOULD have to, as many people would not want a First Person mode where all you have is a crosshair.

Just like with Destiny & Third Person mode folks can argue that First Person is already in Warframe thanks to Scanners & Snipers but it's not that simple.

Ultimately the game has it's own identity & it needs to be respected for that.

The horde & zergs based gameplay of this game would not be very FPS friendly either.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
  • Like 1

hace 55 minutos, DorneliosV dijo:

I get anxious to see my frame taking the half of the screen and can't see well,   I'm forced to always turn my camera from time to time, which is a time-killer
A lot of my friends hate it as well, if DE can put First person view it will be great, obstruct some enemy's that are in front of you and that's so annoying.

"But what about bullet jumping?"
When you play Loki perma invisibilty (with black energy) you can't see him and feels like FP and i love it you feel you going really fast, doesn't  obstruct the whole screen

Most of the people that only played 3rd person games that tend to bring the same puking/motion-sickness issue, is because they believe the camera would be attached to the head of the character, and it'd roll with it. Lmfao I'd literally die of vomit, even if I played fps games with high mobility. But it won't be like that: thus for the purposes of gameplay, it stays fixed within a certain position of your character. Whenever you roll, bullet-jump, etc, you'd still be able to move your camera to see your surroundings just like you could in 3rd person. (Unreal Tournament back in 1999 even had the dodge feature, which is a roll to the sides, but the player would never see the camera rolling) or see Tribes acend they are FAS  

Just DE need to change nothing but remove the character model and zoom a little, nothing breaks and ppl who want 1st person get "nearly" 1st person EASY 
even if it is not implimented very well, extra options are never a bad thing

What you ask its not FP ... and no . DE or any other game shouldnt adapt to any individual player ... if you want a FP game go and search for one .

hace 14 minutos, Toddrusel dijo:

I don't see the problem with including FP into the game as games should have options to begin with. We do need more FOV and options to scroll more left and right and to be fair this game is about customization on frames so why not on camera angles and options. The more can only mean better for all players.

I don't really get why people dislike the idea because the whole point is to play the game how you like so if FP's is what people want fine ok good thumbs up and let them have it while the rest play in third person.

I want the option of playing an RTS ... so , warframe its supose to become a strategy game to give me that option ? or maybe i should go and play an RTS ? .

8 minutes ago, Salenstormwing said:

Everyone always complains about First Person vs Third Person (not really), but why not SECOND Person?

Warframe the Point & Click Adventure Game please!

> Use Vectis on Grineer

Can this please be a thing for the little game system on the orbiter? I want this so bad now.

This would directly nerf my fashion frame! How could I possibly enjoy the game without a visual reminder every second?! Plus, DE has really been putting a lot of work into the backside of their recent frames, it'd be a shame if I suddenly couldn't admire those assets.

Sarcasm aside, I do actually enjoy seeing my cosmetics 😅 

I imagine it'd be a lot of work, but there'd be no complaints from me if DE had a toggle option to swap between 1st person and 3rd.

hace 1 hora, (PS4)Zero_029 dijo:

Hate to be that guy but if you dislike Third person that much then this game isn't for you.

Much like how I dislike First Person, when I played Destiny I just had to accept the game for its style.

I've seen this same thread on Destiny forums asking for a Third Person mode.

Bungie has 0 intention of ever implementing it in the game. (Swords & Supers swap gameplay to Third Person so the community argued that it was already in the game) but for base gameplay the coding isn't there & Bungie didn't want to have to program it in as well as adding in new animations & etc.

For Warframe the devs would have to recode the game in many ways as well, add in person graphics for all guns & melee weapons, reload animations, probably change up the UI as some elements do not mix well with First Person.

And they WOULD have to, as many people would not want a First Person mode where all you have is a crosshair.

Just like with Destiny & Third Person mode folks can argue that First Person is already in Warframe thanks to Scanners & Snipers but it's not that simple.

Ultimately the game has it's own identity & it needs to be respected for that.

The horde & zergs based gameplay of this game would not be very FPS friendly either.

No, i like the third person, but in some big frames like chroma when you aim he takes all the screen and you can't see what's next to you and that's very annoying  
I play this game like 4 years i didn't complain about the camera but when i played titanfalls game, Tribes ascend and CS surf i like the feeling of the camera and those games are faster than warframe tho 

hace 1 hora, Rin-senpai dijo:

next stupid topic about FPS... change game if TPS annoying you

I think you didn't get the point einstein, i said it will be great is they add a OPTION not to change it to fps 

hace 1 hora, HellVOps dijo:

OP, do you play any other 3rdPerson games similar in style to WF that has both options?

yeah i played tribes ascend 

But CS Surf and titan fall games only has first person and they are pretty fast 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Salenstormwing said:

Everyone always complains about First Person vs Third Person (not really), but why not SECOND Person?

Warframe the Point & Click Adventure Game please!

> Use Vectis on Grineer

Roll your stats, mate. 

Are you shooting that Grineer who's in shadow? -20% accuracy, mate.

Are you shooting from the shadows at that Grineer who's next to a light bulb? +20% accuracy, mate. 

First person would be absolutely atrocious in Warframe. A big portion of rapid movement is instantly knowing what your orientation is while in midair, in order to know what you need to do to continue your sequence. Likewise, the movement system is fundamentally built upon the idea of being able to look/shoot in one direction while moving at high speeds through the air in another, rapidly shifting aim between targets all over the screen. The wider FOV provided by 3rd person POV is critical for that. Know how annoying it is to get caught on one of the many doorway/hole/balcony lips? Imagine how much worse that will be when you can't even see what you're stuck on.

That's not even getting into things like being able to read your ability animations for timing, visual indicators of important changes (like your Iron Skin or invisibility going down).

Edited by FlyingDice

hace 2 minutos, FlyingDice dijo:

First person would be absolutely atrocious in Warframe. A big portion of rapid movement is instantly knowing what your orientation is while in midair, in order to know what you need to do to continue your sequence. Likewise, the movement system is fundamentally built upon the idea of being able to look/shoot in one direction while moving at high speeds through the air in another, rapidly shifting aim between targets all over the screen. The wider FOV provided by 3rd person POV is critical for that. Know how annoying it is to get caught on one of the many doorway/hole/balcony lips? Imagine how much worse that will be when you can't even see what you're stuck on.

That's not even getting into things like being able to read your ability animations for timing, visual indicators of important changes (like your Iron Skin or invisibility going down).

Did you know that your abilities has a timer or a indicator on you hud? 

And no it not be atrocious in warframe i played games faster than warframe or similar with FP and feels great
I played warframe like 4 years i quit and played other games and those game where fast like Warframe, and i really like how it feel the FP with the jet speed you had flying and jumping wall to wall 

You can see titanfall pvp or tribes ascend or CS Surf 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DorneliosV said:

Did you know that your abilities has a timer or a indicator on you hud? 

And no it not be atrocious in warframe i played games faster than warframe or similar with FP and feels great
I played warframe like 4 years i quit and played other games and those game where fast like Warframe, and i really like how it feel the FP with the jet speed you had flying and jumping wall to wall 

You can see titanfall pvp or tribes ascend or CS Surf 

Not all abilities do. Iron Skin and Snow Globe, both vital defensive abilities, only display their health in a percentage, and regularly bug out leaving you with no display at all. Not to mention that a six-point font timer in the corner of your screen isn't the most reliable indicator; there's a reason most games with anything approaching a serious environment offer options to relocate or duplicate vital portions of the HUD to the center of the screen, where player focus tends to rest.

I played Quake 3 to death back in the day. It was just as fast, but the specifics of movement were very different. CS Surf had a specific and very limited set of movement patterns used on maps you'd have played hundreds of times over. Tribes (and all other shooters with jetpack mechanics) likewise have different and largely simpler movement schemas.

First person might have been viable during the stamina system, or when coptering was the height of going fast, but the modern parkour system has enough complexity to it that you need third person if you're going to get the most out of it.

Edited by FlyingDice

On 2019-03-15 at 8:23 PM, Loza03 said:

1: Pull out codex scanner.

2: Hold down fire.

3: Try running around in first person.

4: Realise that it's impossible to calculate parkour.

Look, try an invisible warframe with black energy and go parkour everywhere to practice

I always do the scanner aim when I'm doing cephalon searches so easy bro.

And yeah the FP on the scanner feels so pleasant, so smooth

2 hours ago, DorneliosV said:

I get anxious to see some frames taking the half of the screen and can't see well,   I'm forced to always turn my camera from time to time, which is a time-killer

I don't believe that you have ever had to actually do this. I don't believe you have ever had your screen obstructed by the Warframe him/herself

The only time I have EVER had issues with camera obstruction, the third-person camera had nothing to do with it. It was a result of cloth physics being blown around in the wind

As a final point, there's a reason games like Devil May Cry, God of War, Dynasty/Hyrule Warriors, Resident Evil 4, etc. aren't in first-person.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RamsesRT said:

JAJAJAJA Is that impossible for you?
That is so easy Look, try an invisible warframe with black energy and go parkour everywhere to practice

I always do the scanner aim when I'm doing cephalon searches so easy bro, i think you to bad for this game

Ad Hominem fallacy.

Truly we are dealing with a master.

hace 32 minutos, Loza03 dijo:

1: Pull out codex scanner.

2: Hold down fire.

3: Try running around in first person.

4: Realise that it's impossible to calculate parkour.

ah perhaps you didn't do the quest of cephalon simaris with the scanner, that's why it's impossible for you mate  

In that mission i was aiming with the scanner all the time for following the trace of the subject , doing the bullet jump all over the map with no problems