Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding optional First person mode

DorneliosV

1 minute ago, DorneliosV said:

ah perhaps you didn't do the quest of cephalon simaris with the scanner, that's why it's impossible for you mate  

In that mission i was aiming with the scanner all the time for following the trace of the subject , doing the bullet jump all over the map with no problems 

I have too.

Precise platforming still isn't comfortable.

hace 10 minutos, (PS4)zyriaxione dijo:

How would I see my amazing fashion choices while shredding bad guys if it was FPS?

If you don't like TPS, go play a different game. It's not that difficult.

I never said i didn't like that i said SOME frames are obstructing all the screen and it will be good to ADD a option like other games with that option 

You can see your "AMAZING" fashion frame just swapping to third person with a keybind and that's all like other games, but if you don't like it just don't swap to FP 
It's a option not forcing you to play in FP 

It's not that difficult to understand 

Edited by DorneliosV

@DorneliosV not sure if it will be ever implemented by the dev, but if u want u can try out ShadowWarrior 2, legit warframe in FP. It has air-jump and directional dash very similar to bulletjump, its also an action-shooter emphasizing on ninja/warrior-ish moves. U get abilities to cast, guns and melees (and mods:dual wield, multishot, elemetal, crit), believe it or not there's even an exalted-blade sword, works exactly like excal's.

Spoiler

Edited by Haldos
Edited by Moderator.
  • Like 1

Justo ahora, Showerwalker dijo:

@DorneliosV not sure if it will be ever implemented by the dev, but if u want u can try out ShadowWarrior 2, legit warframe in FP. It has air-jump and directional dash very similar to bulletjump, its also an action-shooter emphasizing on ninja/warrior-ish moves. U get abilities to cast, guns and melees (and mods:dual wield, multishot, elemetal, crit), believe it or not there's even an exalted-blade sword, works exactly like excal's.

i passed that game like 3 times ajajaj very fun game 

I wouldn't see anything wrong with a toggle being there. I would never ever use the first person because I don't like it, but a toggle for it being there wouldn't hurt anyone either. Some things, though, would need adjusting to make it work, and it's those adjustments that would concern me.

• Like 1

I understand that it would be a ton of work to implement a first person camera. What I do hope happens is that DE adds a first person view to non-combat interactions like the Orbiter, Relays and Cetus/Fortuna so we could better immerse ourselves in those worlds.

• Like 1

hace 2 minutos, TheChattyRevolver dijo:

I wouldn't see anything wrong with a toggle being there. I would never ever use the first person because I don't like it, but a toggle for it being there wouldn't hurt anyone either. Some things, though, would need adjusting to make it work, and it's those adjustments that would concern me.

Thanks mate

it's only optional not forcing anybody, i have a lot contacts they told me the same thing about the idea, and some friends that doesn't like third person and i want them to play warframe but they don't like the third person stuff so i decided to do this post 

Terrible idea. The whole game is built around 3rd person. All the parkouring, abilities, status effects on frame, etc etc. There would be sooo much that has to get re-worked to make this feasible. Sure the dodge rolling might be easy or the bullet jumping, even the aim glide but that's the basics. What about grabbing a ledge and pulling up? How about when you get knocked down? Or how about when you use an ability and are stuck in an animation for 2 seconds? What about when ancients latch on to you and drag you away, just imagine how jarring that is in first person. What about melee and the spew of animations? They work great in first person but not in third.

Honestly this is a terrible idea. The excuse that the character blocks the view is just bad. I can easily see around them and I am quite area of my surroundings despite all the rapid movements. Enemies come out from distinct areas, there are very few that can hide behind your frame from a distance. One quick aim down the sights and any remotely hidden comes to view.

Sorry bro but this is a case of 'git gud' at the game.

• Like 1

hace 48 minutos, Kajin_Style dijo:

Terrible idea. The whole game is built around 3rd person. All the parkouring, abilities, status effects on frame, etc etc. There would be sooo much that has to get re-worked to make this feasible. Sure the dodge rolling might be easy or the bullet jumping, even the aim glide but that's the basics. What about grabbing a ledge and pulling up? How about when you get knocked down? Or how about when you use an ability and are stuck in an animation for 2 seconds? What about when ancients latch on to you and drag you away, just imagine how jarring that is in first person. What about melee and the spew of animations? They work great in first person but not in third.

Honestly this is a terrible idea. The excuse that the character blocks the view is just bad. I can easily see around them and I am quite area of my surroundings despite all the rapid movements. Enemies come out from distinct areas, there are very few that can hide behind your frame from a distance. One quick aim down the sights and any remotely hidden comes to view.

Sorry bro but this is a case of 'git gud' at the game.

I never said that i was struggling, it's annoying to see your big chroma taking the screen, and it will be good option for the people that want to play it in first person and the the ancient dragging you will be good and "terrifying"  thing jaja

I think you don't play to much first person shooter they have the grabbing from ledges and pulling up, knock downs, abilities oh boy they are ton of game with that mecanic in first person
the melee will just we no need to see the animation just looking where you aiming at, like all the first person shooter with melee stances. Yeah it will be a hard work for DE but the game 
will have different "taste", and tasting new things never it's a bad idea... and maybe new people will play warframe to try that function

• Like 1

Hell yeah 

if I have the option to use FPS mode during Wall clinging, I would it use more, because wall clinging is something I never use due to my frame covering the half of the screen. When I use loki, it's works so damn well.

Also: what's with people thinking that the OP want to change the game?  he already stated it would be an option so I don't see the problem here

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DorneliosV said:

I never said that i was struggling, it's annoying to see your big chroma taking the screen, and it will be good option for the people that want to play it in first person and the the ancient dragging you will be good and "terrifying"  thing jaja

I think you don't play to much first person shooter they have the grabbing from ledges and pulling up, knock downs, abilities oh boy they are ton of game with that mecanic in first person
the melee will just we no need to see the animation just looking where you aiming at, like all the first person shooter with melee stances. Yeah it will be a hard work for DE but the game 
will have different "taste", and tasting new things never it's a bad idea... and maybe new people will play warframe to try that function

I've played plenty of first person shooters and none have the crazy fast pace parkour we have in warframe. Nor did they have the melee animations that we have. These things would look uninteresting in first person. All you would see is yourself zipping around, that's it and that's the problem. It is uninteresting in first person.

I don't see any problem with having barebone fps mode except it might reduce overall game quality for a bit.

It doesn't give players any advantage, could be fun option.

Well, we might argue "first person mode is just worse than third person mode!"...

Eh, a lot of stuff's "essence" will get lost in firs person. We know you just want to see those guns in FPV and feel like you are playing a shooter game. This isn't just the game for that.

DE should let us crank the FOV up to 100 though

13 hours ago, DorneliosV said:

No, i like the third person, but in some big frames like chroma when you aim he takes all the screen and you can't see what's next to you and that's very annoying  

Fair point. I believe you can adjust the camera in Options though. I know I pull mine back a little when I play at Atlas and/or use some Syndana's that are obnoxiously big.

I play this game like 4 years

Re-reading my post I didn't mean to come across as labelling you new. The tone was meant to be a "Matter of Fact" moreso than being a "Just leave newbie" tone. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

when i played titanfalls game, Tribes ascend and CS surf i like the feeling of the camera and those games are faster than warframe tho

Those games do have some good speed to them, but that speed is partially illusion.
When in first person, motion blur can very easily give off the illusion of speed. More so than Third Person games can without becoming too stylized,
However you need to take note that those are predominately PVP games & the amount of enemies on screen at once is no where close to the number Warframe throws at the player.

Take games like Devil May Cry, Dark Souls, Bayonetta, God of War, Dynasty Warriors, Diablo 3, and other brawlers & Horde games
They go with a Third Person Camera because it allows the player to strategize in the moment, see the hordes of enemies, and etc.
Destiny tries this but by having enemies spawn from the same locations instead of being more dynamic; otherwise players would be overwhelmed easily.

Agreed on the feeling on speed though. I'm addicted to K-Drive because of this haha.

The number of people responding like OP wants the game to go from 3PS to 1PS is disappointing.  This community really is bad at reading even the original post before responding.

No one's asking for a hard switch here, just a toggle, like how we can already toggle which shoulder the camera hovers over (and that's already more than most 3PS' do.)  There are several games with fast paced/parkour movement that work in first person - Shadow Warrior 2, DOOM, Mirror's Edge, Titan Fall and for sheer verticality, Firefall (RIP Beta days, you were one of a kind.)  A first person toggle would not render anyone inferior, or ruin the game, or require very much new coding if any at all.

No, the real reason DE is saying no to 1PS is because they won't settle for a bare bones 1PS view, and they're not ready to commit resources towards animating hands (plus full body awareness, it's DE, you know they would) and creating HD versions of all their guns for a 1PS view they can be proud to show off.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer
  • Like 1

On 2019-03-15 at 7:21 PM, Yagamilight123 said:

I want the option of playing an RTS ... so , warframe its supose to become a strategy game to give me that option ? or maybe i should go and play an RTS ?

Lmfao, hilarious. That is not even an answer to what I said. Hay if you want an rts go ahead and play 1 by all means more power to you. Shooters have been made around first and third person for decades now so yeah having FP view wouldn't do any hard to the game. 🤷‍♀️

8 hours ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

The number of people responding like OP wants the game to go from 3PS to 1PS is disappointing.  This community really is bad at reading even the original post before responding.

Aye.

Seriously, people. Look at the thread title. Can you see that second word? I'll give a hint, since it seems that some haven't read it: It means the opposite of compulsory, forced and mandatory.