Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Void Wreck-Feedback On Those **** Electric Beams

Coerrywuas

All right, I admit these new levels really look awesome, the new traps are amazing and so on. BUT, if you managed to die in one of those electric beams, there is- obviously- no way out than to abort. BECAUSE the charge delay of those beams is much too fast for anybody of your mates to revive you. Period. PLUS, if you are dumb enough (I was-3x times in a row ^^) to revive yourself- you die again.

I'm not considering myself as a "Novice" in this game any more, I'm not whining because I may be imcompetent in this game- this is just unfair and unearthly!!!

So you either gotta work on a fix (I can't really get you any ideas of myself here) OR tell me how to "fix" this frustrating situation.

Cheers,

Medium

Edited by MediumRange

Caught me and the rest of the team out yesterday. They managed to get out but used up all of their revives. I used all my revives and so nearly made it out, but, zap dead again.

My suggestion is that when you revive it spawns you in a safe spot. Or you get x amount of seconds of invincibility.

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

My suggestion is that when you revive it spawns you in a safe spot. Or you get x amount of seconds of invincibility.

Spawning on a different, safe spot is what I would recommend as a "fix", too. Anything else is senseless.

why are you so mad anyway?

Because Im looking for a SOLUTION, my friend. Not for a dumb, useless spam post.

the only problem i have is that if you try to move while you are in the floor you get stuck (at least i got stuck)

NOT the only problem. 

There's punishing you for walking into a trap and then there's just being unfair.

I recently played my first map with these traps.

Fair enough I stood in one place blasting my Ignis and got killed by a trap. Used one of my revives, punishment dealt.

Zapped again. Alright, I get the lesson.

Zapped again. Eff you.

Finally got out...

As somebody said, it would be wonderful if the revive didn't revive you where you stood in these situations.

There's punishing you for walking into a trap and then there's just being unfair.

Fair enough I stood in one place blasting my Ignis and got killed by a trap. Used one of my revives, punishment dealt.

Zapped again. Eff you.

Finally got out...

As somebody said, it would be wonderful if the revive didn't revive you where you stood in these situations.

Right. There are no other traps that prevent team mates from being able to somehow save you. As far as I can tell, you can't "shoot out" the electric beams first to revive a trapped friend.

There IS, however, a way to go around all of these traps, and that's encouraged. But for someone who doesn't know in a team? It sucks.

Either make 'em breakable, or let people actually crawl away from them when downed rather than being locked in place.

Zapped again. Eff you.

Finally got out...

Agreed.

Instant death as a punishment for getting caught in a trap at high levels is fair.

A death loop when you revive or a teammate revives you is unfair.

I reccomend moving the person back to a safe zone or providing some other mechanism to prevent a death loop.

You also can't crawl out of there, for some stupid reason.

How did nobody notice how #*($%%@ up this was?

its DE... like nothing else was #*($%%@ up about update 10..

farming for necro

mutagen S#&$

using that mass of mutagen that is now hard as hell to get in tons of infested clan stuff.. humm the list goes on

i could include a few things right b4 10 or just the nerf of a few frames *cough* ember *cough*

Yeah, I think the biggest problem (and the deathtrap for the entire team) is that one can't crawl out of it while downed.  I'm not sure if this option has been removed generally, though, as there may be some feature of the trap that prevents crawling.  Will need to give it a test next time I get poison spammed to death. :) 

Of course, I would expect traps to have consequences, and using a revive is not unreasonable when alone.  The big problem with this scenario is that it has the potential to down the entire team while they're doing the thing we're all supposed to -- help out our teammates.

(love the tileset, just wanted to add my feedback and it looks like others had the same experience as me)

+1 to needing a change on this trap. Like many have said it's one thing to punish bad playing, it's another to have the level say "oops, you didn't know this hallway was instant death - so we killed you and ate your revives and screw you go get another key". 

- is instakill, meaning player can't actually react to realizing its a trap

- has no off button: team can't save you

- has no "tells": I stood in that hallway for a good while going "cool looking hallway dude" before suddenly ZAP and gg game over

So there's lots of ways to make it a more fun and interesting trap. I think "spawn you outside the trap if you rez" is a so-so solution. It would get past the worst part of the experience but it also wouldn't make the trap/game any more fun - it'd just paper over a rough edge.