Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not improve the PvP of the game?

Godbuns2

tl:dr just dont touch it at all. Play other games for PvP.

crybabies killed the horse and kept beating it afterwards. anything was too strong, too tanky or too fast.

and instead of giving us the ability to modify the matches as we want(low/high gravity, big head, insta gib, quad jump, etc.) AND a proper matchmaking we got terrible maps, nerfs, nerfs and did i mention nerfs? 

Edited by Fraank

hace 17 minutos, tyasonx dijo:

Warframe is a great game, but all news is for PvE.

Are developers not thinking about improving PvP ever ?

Just do not make me battelroyale.

I think they need to make like 2 playstyles 

One for hardcore players that includes the parkour 2.0  because it's very difficult for new players to know what the hell is happening, it's to much movement  for the people that doesn't do to much pvp very hard to aim

And the casual players, like a normal movement or the parkour 1.0 of the run wall and just doble jump running and roll the basics it will be more easy and enjoyable for casual players 
Simple and fun 

Edited by DorneliosV

16 minutes ago, tyasonx said:

Warframe is a PvE game. It is advertised as such.
People join because they want to play PvE.
PvP, while being a cute addition, won't generate a bigger audience. So what's the point?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, -S-O--Sephiroth-Crescent said:

dont know ANYONE that rly likes the pvp^^ as the only thing that would be fun would a battleroyale... drop with a "base" operator finde a frame, weapons, mods etc and there is a balanced "fun" modus... right now pvp sucks ****

Now it has huge maps and other things, it may even be a cool battleroyale, but it's a type of game I hate.

_________

To have a new PVP mode, the company must be buying new servers for hosting and must be why it does not create.

It would be impracticable for a player to host a PVP game.

Why bother? Majority of players who play Warframe play for the PvE aspect and not for the PvP side of things. I mean sure, if they did turned PvP into something worthwhile, then yeah, more players would definitely be more interested in the game mode and start playing it, but really wouldn’t change much of anything though. The majority of the player base aren’t interested in the game mode whether they improve it or not since the main attraction of Warframe is PvE, not PvP.

To be completely honest, it’s best for them to just to leave conclave as it currently stands and not waste time and resources into improving it at all.

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Warframe is a PvE game. It is advertised as such.
People join because they want to play PvE.
PvP, while being a cute addition, won't generate a bigger audience. So what's the point?

To be a complete game.

With a good PvP would have many more players, would be the TOP GAME.

It's not because it's a PVE game that can not have an attractive and fun PVP.

• Like 2

This is a valid question, but one that has a pretty straightforward answer.

Warframe is a game in the same vein as Dynasty Warriors - an inexplicably powerful and mobile warrior able to take on a entire army of soldiers, effectively single-handedly. This is a premise that lends itself extremely well to co-op... not so much to versus. The main issue being that Warframes have a lot of abilities based on survival and crowd-controlling several weaker enemies at once. All of those abilities need to be reworked completely for two equally-powerful foes to duke it out in a fair fight. Same with weapons, mods... You get the idea.

Effectively, to have a rewarding PvP experience, you need to COMPLETELY rework almost every single aspect of the game and effectively go against the very spirit of the game. And what we've discovered is that when we do so, it's barely Warframe at all anymore, so what's the point.

But look on the bright side. We have Frame Fighter!

Edited by Ryusuta

14 minutes ago, tyasonx said:

To be a complete game.

Not every game needs PVP.  Nor would adding PVP make it a "complete" game - whatever that means. 

Also to add resources to PVP they would then have to take away resources from PVE as there are a finite amount of resources available for the game.  I'm not sure a lot of people want that.  I know I don't.  I don't touch PVP in Warframe because it's bad.  I don't touch PVP because I freaking hate PVP both in general and in every game I have ever tried it in (which I have).  Reducing the PVE aspects of the game in favor of PVP would likely get me to stop playing Warframe entirely.

• Like 1

I feel like I’m one of the few that enjoy it, but I haven’t participated in recent weeks because I’ve been busy with other goals. 

A lot of people don’t know it exists, I guess. Warframe is largely PvE centric, it wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense to dedicate a portion of development time to a feature that is hardly used, but I do understand the frustration of those that live by the Conclave. It’s fun, more people should try it, but we shouldn’t be forced into it.

Perhaps in the future when they aren’t as busy trying to push out Fortuna updates, Melee 3.0, Railjack and The New War. I don’t want to say it’s completely unlikely that PvP will see some updates, but it will be a long while imo.

Just don’t give up hope.

• Like 2

Just now, Ryusuta said:

This is a valid question, but one that has a pretty straightforward answer.

Warframe is a game in the same vein as Dynasty Warriors - an inexplicably powerful and mobile warrior able to take on a entire army of soldiers, effectively single-handedly. This is a premise that lends itself extremely well to co-op... not so much to versus. The main issue being that Warframes have a lot of abilities based on survival and crowd-controlling several weaker enemies at once. All of those abilities need to be reworked completely for two equally-powerful foes to duke it out in a fair fight. Same with weapons, mods... You get the idea.

Effectively, to have a rewarding PvP experience, you need to COMPLETELY rework almost every single aspect of the game and effectively go against the very spirit of the game. And what we've discovered is that when we do so, it's barely Warframe at all anymore, so what's the point.

But look on the bright side. We have Frame Fighter!

This is solved with a little story that makes sense.

And all set, we have a new PVP mode.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

They cant improve p2p pvp

Pvp population is low despite the mode being subjectively fun imo

Pvers would lose their minds if they even hinted at focusing on pvp

A player gets stressed with anything when he wants. 😮

Getting out of comfort does well, having a small team to develop PvP modes should not cost anything to the company.

Changing does well.

• Like 1

I think DE got pvp completely wrong. We shouldn't be playing not-Warframe and directly attacking other players. We should be playing Warframe and competing against them instead. I want to see pvp where we are actually playing pve but try to outplay other players in the same game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyasonx said:

I think they either don't know how to improve it or aren't willing to make the necessary changes to improve it. To make PvP work, imo, they would need to change the core mechanics of the gameplay (gun play mechanics, movement, etc) or to move away from the UT style PvP gameplay. Those are the biggest issues that make PvP not work, and are the things that make WF's PvP differ from successful multiplayer games, imo. Without changing that, PvP will continue to be unpopular. There's also the issue of warframe balancing. Simply put, I don't think DE is really willing to spend significant dev time improving the game's core mechanics to make PvP work, as that would come at the detriment of PvE development at this point.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

43 minutes ago, tyasonx said:

To be a complete game.

Warframe wouldn't have more players if there were better PvP.
You still have to play "endless" amounts of PvE in order to get weapons and stuff for PvP.
Who would join to play PvP? PvP-player. Players that don't like PvE. But these players would have to play PvE before playing PvP.
So no, PvP wouldn't get us more players.
And why is the game incomplete without PvP? Does this mean that every PvP game out there is incomplete because they don't have PvE? So Fortnite, Apex, Pubg and all the other games are incomplete because there is no good PvE or no PvE at all?

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

Warframe wouldn't have more players if there were better PvP.
You still have to play "endless" amounts of PvE in order to get weapons and stuff for PvP.
Who would join to play PvP? PvP-player. Players that don't like PvE. But these players would have to play PvE before playing PvP.
So no, PvP wouldn't get us more players.
And why is the game incomplete without PvP? Does this mean that every PvP game out there is incomplete because they don't have PvE? So Fortnite, Apex, Pubg and all the other games are incomplete because there is no good PvE or no PvE at all?

I have spent far more time in PvE than PvP in this game, even when I've spent a lot of time playing Conclave two years ago.

I'd say most people are on a spectrum between PvE-only and PvP-only. So save your breath and don't try to paint this as some kind of black-or-white subject.

That's not to say this game isn't mainly PvE and its PvP isn't a side show. But it exists, and I know for a fact people still play Conclave, despite it being neglected for months.

1 minute ago, Kontrollo said:

But it exists, and I know for a fact people still play Conclave, despite it being neglected for months.

Never said that nobody plays PvP ever.
But Warframe won't steal players away from games like Fortnite or Apex just because DE made a better PvP mode.
And you knowing some people that play PvP from time to time doesn't mean that the majority of players is this way.
I mean, there are people that are into trees, I mean really into trees. Doesn't mean that this is the standard of human sexuality.

7 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Never said that nobody plays PvP ever.
But Warframe won't steal players away from games like Fortnite or Apex just because DE made a better PvP mode.
And you knowing some people that play PvP from time to time doesn't mean that the majority of players is this way.
I mean, there are people that are into trees, I mean really into trees. Doesn't mean that this is the standard of human sexuality.

It's not about me knowing people who play it -- although I do, and some are still around from back when, despite the last "bigger" addition being an Earth tileset map at some point in Update 22, I think.

I know because they enabled the community to host dedicated servers for it. And you can see that the top hoster alone has hosted over 170k games since their introduction in October 2016.

But I responded to you because you wrote this: " Who would join to play PvP? PvP-player. Players that don't like PvE."

And that's simply untrue.