Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(you knew this would happen) Complaint about Wisp's alt helmet.

o0Despair0o

So, I usually just keep quiet and let DE do their job. Heck, I even bought Hildryn even though I hate the fact that she look like FemRhino, because I like the abilities.

But this... this...

Her alt helmet was perfectly fine without that piece of cloth. But you ruined it. Quite simply ruined.

Like, WHY? Are you afraid that people will cause a sh*tstorm because she's "too revealing" without that piece of cloth on the back of her head? This is a friggin horde shooter, people. 18+.

First it was Novas deluxe skin. Then embers and volts skins. Now this.

Why do you keep ruining your own creations?

For the love of RNGesus, PLEASE at least consider making those cloth pieces optional. I was ready to buy the whole pack because I've never been this hyped for a 'frame in the 4 years I've been here. But you just killed that hype with a piece of cloth.

There, rant over. Let the keyboard warriors come. I'm ready.

il y a 11 minutes, o0Despair0o a dit :

For the love of RNGesus, PLEASE at least consider making those cloth pieces optional. I was ready to buy the whole pack because I've never been this hyped for a 'frame in the 4 years I've been here. But you just killed that hype with a piece of cloth.

Problem = S O L V E D .

Keyboard warriors will come, but if it's OPTIONAL, they can choose to cover it, while pervs can look at it all day. Win-win, everyone is happy!

12 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

First it was Novas deluxe skin.

Which means what to this situation?

14 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Then embers and volts skins.

So you not liking something means DE ruined something?

13 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

PLEASE at least consider making those cloth pieces optional.

A bunch of UI work or something to make an alt helmet to your liking? Is it too much to wait for an alt helmet you would rather have?

• Like 1

A solution will come in time. A tennogen artist will offer a clothless helmet I'm sure.

Sadly the original design decisions don't line up with your preferred aesthetics but that doesn't mean they are "covering her up". She was shown with a literally broken helmet the first time, it's appearance was both wrong and unintended.

*shrug* you getting super butt bothered about a butt bug has allowed me to create this sentence so I thank you for this gift of levity.

Edited by Drasiel
spellink is hard
  • Like 9

il y a 5 minutes, Drasiel a dit :

A solution will come in time. A tennogen artist will offer a clothless helmet I'm sure.

Sadly the original design decisions don't line up with your preferred aesthetics but that doesn't mean they are "covering her up". She was shown with a literally broken helmet the first time, it's appearance was both wrong and unintended.

*shrug* you getting super butt bothered about a butt bug has allowed me to create this sentence so I thank you for this gift of levity.

Making a "Valkyr bond" treatment will not cause any uproar, saying that a kind player will provide that option might...

Imagine if they release a new frame (popular from its concept & previews), a lot of people complain & they still release it while saying "you might get a tennogen that will make satisfy you". This won't calm complainers down!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, unknow99 said:

Making a "Valkyr bond" treatment will not cause any uproar, saying that a kind player will provide that option might...

Imagine if they release a new frame (popular from its concept & previews), a lot of people complain & they still release it while saying "you might get a tennogen that will make satisfy you". This won't calm complainers down!

Lots of people have complained about frames before launch based on their design. They have never changed them. The way the helmet is made the cloth is part of it. A Valkyr bonds situation is different, it was designed as a seperate piece before launch. The one thing DE has never backed down on is the artistic vision (outside of the operator suit with the accidental rising sun but that gets into racial issues) so I would actually be shocked if they did so here. Even the God awful syandana that came with rhino prime wasn't changed despite people begging for it. 

Now they could sidestep the issue completely with a 3rd alt helm without cloth. I'm not opposed to options however your stated "the Alt helm was fine" is incorrect and misleading to people who missed the devstream. The helmet wasn't working properly and was therefore not fine. A suggestion for bug as feature would be welcomed by me with open arms. Your rant claiming de are essentially unsexying and ruining Their frames is unwarranted. 

il y a 8 minutes, Drasiel a dit :

Lots of people have complained about frames before launch based on their design. They have never changed them. The way the helmet is made the cloth is part of it. A Valkyr bonds situation is different, it was designed as a seperate piece before launch. The one thing DE has never backed down on is the artistic vision (outside of the operator suit with the accidental rising sun but that gets into racial issues) so I would actually be shocked if they did so here. Even the God awful syandana that came with rhino prime wasn't changed despite people begging for it. 

Now they could sidestep the issue completely with a 3rd alt helm without cloth. I'm not opposed to options however your stated "the Alt helm was fine" is incorrect and misleading to people who missed the devstream. The helmet wasn't working properly and was therefore not fine. A suggestion for bug as feature would be welcomed by me with open arms. Your rant claiming de are essentially unsexying and ruining Their frames is unwarranted. 

If you're not part of the dev team, you can't be sure about this... And they DID back down on their artistic vision before release : I don't know if you're that much of an old timer, but Ember was completely different at first. Ember was a dude! (and they changed him a lot : remnants of him are the Phoenix helmet & the fire chicken theme) ash was a girl at first too, but it didn't get past concept art.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "warframe male ember" 

(I guess that your 2nd § is addressed to OP because I never said any of these)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, unknow99 said:

If you're not part of the dev team, you can't be sure about this... And they DID back down on their artistic vision before release : I don't know if you're that much of an old timer, but Ember was completely different at first. Ember was a dude! (and they changed him a lot : remnants of him are the Phoenix helmet & the fire chicken theme) ash was a girl at first too, but it didn't get past concept art.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "warframe male ember" 

(I guess that your 2nd § is addressed to OP because I never said any of these)

yes it was sorry for the mix up.

Correct I cannot be sure but for all my time here I have not seen them change their design once finalised. That's why I said I would be shocked if they did so.

I started playing in open beta and if my historical knowledge is correct ember was a dude in alpha. I don't consider alpha content to be final in any form. One could make the same statement for beta, but let's be honest DE treats their beta a lot closer to a final build. As far as ash's concept art wasn't that only shown long after ash's release? Meaning the community would not have known it existed prior to the frame coming out?

Would love to get an option to make certain cloth pieces on frame optional, there are TONS of frames out there with cloth pieces that can be annoying or you feel would like better without them.

Also, I'm 99.9% sure that piece of cloth is gonna cause clipping issues with any syandana, because I swear that thing is basically a syandana itself and is only 1cm closer to the body than a syandana is.

On a side note, my smeeta kavat is named RNGesus, :p.

Edited by birdobash
  • Like 1

The default helmet is ugly and the alternative will have clipping and over saturation issues with that cloth! 😧

Give the cloth to the default helmet! Or make it optional or don't implement it at all! Please!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Pretty sure I'm ranting about the helmet here.

Pretty sure you're ranting about the cloth that comes with the helmet that covers up Wisp's posterior. That said, it looks perfectly fine. Not sure why you felt the need to complain about it but whatever man. 

On 2019-03-15 at 10:35 PM, o0Despair0o said:

Like, WHY? Are you afraid that people will cause a sh*tstorm because she's "too revealing" without that piece of cloth on the back of her head?

Geez, dude, they must really be afraid of that.

Especially considering Gara, Garuda, Mesa, Valkyr, Ivara, Saryn, Mirage Prime, Nezha Deluxe, and Nidus Deluxe exist.

They truly must have made that decision because they wanted to cover up the butt.

Edited by VentiGlondi

Le 15/03/2019 à 23:34, Drasiel a dit :

Lots of people have complained about frames before launch based on their design. They have never changed them.

For one obvious reason, lead design decides the look, not players. If OP wants his own aesthetics he can pretty much create his own game, cause that's how things have ever worked.

I won't comment OP "too revealing" argument cause this is beyond stupidity and we really don't need more conspiracy theories or even trials of intent these days.