Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to Join group in Orb Vallis [Investigating]

thekevinater

When ever i try to play with friends (or randoms) in the orb it will dissconect me after a few seconds or just immediately when i am not the host

When ever i am the host and i try to play with friends (or randoms) it will be fine for a short while but then i just crash.

This has been happening since the lastest mainline update for me.
Also fortuna has been crashing since the mainline update very randomly at times, sometimes its fine and other times it just crashes. 

sorry for any typos/grammer errors

So with the new event and Exploiter Orb out, I have tried numerous times to join a group for it.

I land in on Orb Vallis, I get squadmates, which 2 seconds later just vanishes......

Other times i get matchmaked, and then just put in a solo session for no reason.

Why is there not an option to sign up for it like a mission in the back-room or something? or a quest mission?

Something tells me im gonna be missing out on all this now cause the matchmaking is just chaotic.

I came to the forums to see if anyone else experienced this. Three times in a row; once from the event tab, once from orbiter, once from the Fortuna gate the exact same thing happened. I join a team, see my squadmate's ships, then they vanish. I've noticed a strange electronic clicking noise when I load into the map alone. One time, I wasn't able to use my archwing, the other, I couldn't find the Orb and it seemed like spawns were malfunctioning as I only saw ships pop in and out but nothing else.

For the record, this seemed to start after the last patch and after I was already in a team, trying to enter the map again.

Whenever trying to load into Orb Vallis either from my orbiter or from fortuna it starts to load up normal then it migrates host. Other people seem to try to join my sessions but never end up loading in either. The bounty NPC outside the door doesn't even load up. Most times i can't reenter the door to fortuna and have to exit via the menu. Trying to go to Deck 12 to load of the Exploiter Orb fight doesn't even work.

Edit: Tried restarting game and got into the start of the exploiter fight but wouldn't load phase 2 to go outside. The same problem as stated before is happening again.

Edited by BladeLXA

As of about 30 minutes ago, my game apparently woad load the Orb Vallis correctly. The Exploiter orb literally won't spawn at all (not the boss fight, but for the Thermia Fracture event). It's not patrolling the Temple of Profit like it usually does. And my map isn't displaying the names of the different landmarks.

Also, while I was trying to find Exploiter, I kept seeing notifications of other players joining my squad, but they never actually joined. So it's like they can't accept me as the Host.

I managed to try joining an existing squad, and the second it finished loading, it immediately kicked me out and I was in the Orb Vallis solo.

Same here. Ever since the latest hotfix.

-Immediate host migration after leaving the Fortuna elevator. 

-When I join Orb Vallis from my Orbiter, I see people during the loading screen, but nobody ever appears when in Orb Vallis

-I get join messages, sometimes occasionally see a change in the TAB overlay where the players are listed. I move to the left and space is made for other members, but that space stays empty. A few seconds later, it's back to solo play, basically.

I got one orb fight done and then nothing but a string of host migrations and weird connection issues where the whole team dissapears, the door is a bottomless hole in the world... and in the rare occasion you get teamates they just whine at you to leave because they want to be solo to fish.... 

And this is AFTER I found out that your absolutely unable to throw the canisters in the fight without a secondary weapon equipped... 

I have the exact same problem. I can't connect to anyone and noone can connect to me. I get the "Connection to the host has been lost" message once the door of Orb vallis opens, or while loading when entering from orbiter. Orb vallis has 280 open squads. Maybe it cant handle it :P

Also, after the patch i did a few orb kills, but now i cant connect to anyone

Edited by PrEdAtOrGR94
ADD

Same everytime I connect same problem no one stays in the part for less than 4-6 seconds. It is very irritating dealing with this. I just wish there was some reply stating, "Hey we know about this bug and are working on getting it fixed".

Having the same problem. Tried multiple times to get into groups doing thermia fissure closures on Orb Vallis. Tried from my orbiter, and also tried just walking into Orb Vallis from Fortuna. Keeps putting me by myself usually before I even get there. It'll show people joining and then they'll be gone. My husband tried joining my sessions and it wouldn't let him join me on Orb Vallis either, it put him by himself as well.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Voracious said:

Same problem for me. Seems like something broke in the hotfix for matchmaking. Everyone keeps disconnecting and im solo. Someone maybe tweet to DE? I dont have a twitter

Already done it. No clue if their still there or not.

Just now, Voracious said:

Hmm, guess we could try validating the game data in the launcher. Not sure if that would fix it though....

That probably will not fix it since that would be looking for missing or corrupt files. I'm just waiting for a emergency hotfix or something

was ok before (managed to complete a few exploiters), then got occasional exploiter not spawning after cave bug, hotfix, then 100% exploiter not spawning after cave bug whether solo or in group, then after relogging and rebooting pc, now have the same problem mentioned here. broken patch and content.

• Like 1