Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to Join group in Orb Vallis [Investigating]

thekevinater

Took me around 30 minutes before I found a viable group. Then after that session ended,another 30 minutes and I still havent found a group because of this issue. I'm giving up until a fix is released.23 fractures left 😕

Even attempting to load into a solo mission sometimes is bugged, with fishing not working, gear wheel being empty, etc.

See Video Attached.

https://gfycat.com/TintedVagueAgama https://gfycat.com/TintedVagueAgama

See also: thread where someone posted video of Deck12 problems

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/b1tkio/orb_vallis_freeplay_matchmaking_bugged_unreliable/

I've been trying to enter the Valis for 4 hours now, but:
  *60% of the time I wait 3 minutes for it to load, then I'm booted to the menu.
  *40% I match with a squad, but at the last second I get a host migration and either I arrive without any gear, eg arcwing/board, or I arrive without my companion, my squad invisible and only mentioned in the menu and most enemies/fish/ect don't spawn.

This really sucks and I've wasted a lot of time.

I have noticed this "instant host migration" also.

On a possibly related issue (well... it's Vallis...), the spaceport data hash is not there when I try to visit it. (And this host migration issue means I can't check with squad members for verification.)

I'm experiencing the same thing. I've tried to enter the orb of vallis through clicking it's node on navigation, clicking the Thermia Fractures event on the orbiter, and even just walking in from Fortuna. All of those result in the same thing happening where as I'm loading in I see everyone's liset and icons. Then after 50%+ loading in the loading screen slightly changes / loads another loading screen? (with a chance of displaying the host migration warning) From that point I'd think I'm just in alone so still being on public I've waited near the Fortuna entrance to wait for some one else to load in. When someone does end up joining their name (, maybe their hp) and icon does show up for a second while show player list is toggled on but then disappear from that list but are still in squad chat. The weirdest thing is that after one person loaded in once and I noticed they didn't load in (atleast to my instance?) I walked into extract and no "waiting for other players" popped up or anything but I saw the other player walk into extract as well saw me and we walked out of extract and as soon as we walked out he legit just vanished into thin air but still in squad chat. As I'm typing this I was even invited to a squad and we went in together and I still got separated from them and sent to a separate instance then they invited me again while they were inside and again accepted invite > loading and sees his other friend loading in and also seeing 4 lisets total (including mine) on the loading screen > around 60% his friend that was loading with me just disappears along with his liset > then my loading screen blinks / dims really quick (didn't see a host migration message either) and pops up pretty much a new loading screen (liset flight direction changed) and in this new loading screen I'm solo with no other lisets or loading players > during all of this my load progress doesn't reset or anything it just keeps going > then it loads me in solo once again.

15 hours ago, R4GD0LL said:

Same. Can't do Thermia solo because Corpus weapons bypassing snowglobes and can't join a group because of constant host migration. 

I cannot solve the host migration bug, but Limbo can solo it, a decent Mag with Counter Pulse can solo it, a high quality Saryn can solo it, and and I expect a good Nekros build could solo it also.

8 minutes ago, Fleuria said:

I cannot solve the host migration bug, but Limbo can solo it, a decent Mag with Counter Pulse can solo it, a high quality Saryn can solo it, and and I expect a good Nekros build could solo it also.

Nidus, Nova, Vauban. Any CC really with enough energy pads can solo most content.

Edited by Wildcardgsx

Same problem! I managed to enter once with randoms but they were doing something else not the fractures,I left and tried again and it did not work again.There were people trying to join,if I pressed escape I could see them but not on the map.I played Hydron on public and it worked fine so it seems the problem is on Orb Vallis only.I need to do 50 more fractures to get the Opticor Vandal...HELP!!!

Posting here as well.   I'm running into the same issue.  Trying to join Orb Vallis from orbiter or Fortuna makes it look like I'm joining a squad, but as soon as I'm about to load in, I'm kicked to host migration and end up in a dead map by myself.  Pretty frustrating during a timed-event...

+1

I can only enter in a group as part of one in bounties (that are working fine), if I try to just walk in or from my orbiter it will put me in my own stance of Vallis. If I'm in a group while it load I'll be alone when it finish loading (or receive a host migration in the elevator)

If I decide to wait as the host people will try to join then leave before even appear in the plane.

Plus, twice I has able to enter in a group, but once the moment I walk I has migrated (I has 4 in this one), and the other time one player after the other leave then I has migrated (I has 2 in this one)

Just now, unknownsix said:

and when i found one i wasn't able to fly , use abilities, or my sword near the end. it said ability in use i could only use my rubico sniper rifle  

A workaround for that that sometimes works is: switch to gear (drill, scanner, ...) then switch back. 

Apparently something is not being initialized properly...

Every time I attempt to connect to a PUG in the vallis, I get kicked out to an empty squad and I can then play in the Vallis. The large map UI is also not loading properly at times. Explored caves and POI names are -sometimes- not loading in. I also cannot use warframe ability powers or switch to operator mode. Although it appears this is just me. I did do a "reset to defaults" in my settings, which may account for this issue, however I have check to see that those buttons are bound correctly, tried restarting, etc and the problem is persisting.

TL;DR Last hotfix really bad, plz revert now! 😄