Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to Join group in Orb Vallis [Investigating]

thekevinater

I don't know if this is just me, but I've been having issues with getting teams for the Orb Vallis. To elaborate; whenever I go to the Vallis, whether by means of using Fortuna or my orbiter, people join in for the team but then all disappear before I can really get in. Before anyone asks, no, I am not in solo. Can someone from DE take a look at this?

Lift or no, all team members are dropped immediately upon entering Orb Vallis. At least for matchmaking. Occasionally you get lucky but then you have to hope they are actually there for the activity you wanted. It's not like I need to close a bazillion more fractures or anything 😢

Yeah, something is busted bad.  Started off yesterday evening and was able to do it.  Now I can't get a group and and the orb door is locked for me, so I can't even try to solo it.

Verified the files and it fixed it for one run. Then back to busted.  SUPER frustrating bug.  Two different things happening

1) On the load screen with the ships I load with people, then they disappear and when I load in, its a solo and bugged O.V.

2) I actually load in with people, then 10-15 seconds later I'm hit with a host mitigation and I end up in the same solo bugged O.V.

Edited by Fuzzmana
Tried checking the files

I am having the same problem. I still need to get about 50 closed fractures. I was hoping to get it done this weekend. Generally, the teammates loadout on the loading screen and then I load into Orb Valis alone. I sometimes get people load into my game for a second and then they disappear. It only happens on Orb Valis. 

On further testing, I also notice that Spider (exploiter?) does not spawn at Temple of Profit. So you can't solo fractures either. There are also no mining points in my instances at all. I have tried several caves and there is nothing to mine. I could fish though. 

Edited by Brontosor
adding stuff
  • Like 1

I posted this on Reddit just now.  There others are reporting the issue occurs in other locations, but my problem seems to be centered on the Orb Vallis.

Despite being little more than a repetition of what others have said, writing this is therapy for my frustration.

I'm a fairly new player who had just reached a point where Fortuna was the next thing and I thought the timing of the event was perfect. Not so fast.

My problem appears largely isolated to the Orb Vallis, although I experienced the same issue attempting to enter Hydron on two occasions. All Index and Arbitration runs proceeded as normal. Cannot report on PoE at this time.

Entering OV in 'public' only works the first time after a restart. Each subsequent time is as others have described.

Entering with a friend in 'public' works, but as soon as someone else attempts to enter the session crashes and everyone ends up solo.

Entering in 'invite only' works. The existing group stays intact and others can be invited to fill open spots.

I cannot effectively report on entering as 'friends only' because I only have one friend.

2 hours ago, Grubbnuts said:

Go to fortuna and get in the lift. You can get in a group that way

YEAH NO BRO That doesn't Work At All.

It literally doesn't matter what you do everyone instantly drops from group. I've tried to solo the remaining Fractures but I cannot find the giant bot, not to mention that the map doesn't have any zone information anymore.

This is really not cool on DE's part I was looking forward to finishing this event looks like its been #*!%ed up.

Edited by Wildcardgsx

So after the last hotfix, 95% of my attempts to enter the Orb Vallis result in a Host Migration that punts me into a separate instance. Everything seems like it's normal at first, but as soon as it's about to finish, everyone else leaves and I'm left alone. It's been nearly impossible for me to find someone to run the Exploiter Orb with because of this. Is there a reason why this is happening?

Same for me. "Free roam" on orb vallis makes me join a squad only to then get the "changing host" loading screen to then end up by myself in my own instance where sometimes people will join me (I see their name and get a notification) only to be almost immediatly kicked out of my instance/game right after.

Im honestly really upset by this, I was immensely looking forward to finishing this event as Saturdays are really the only day I have to game. I was really looking forward to trying that new Vandel Opticor.

I've tried soloing since I cant join games and people auto drop when they join me but I cant even find the giant drone around The Temple of Profit now, The map doesn't show Zone Names, Fractures seem to be missing as well.  Not to mention trying to join Fortune doesn't even give me a list of Instance's to join.

As far as therapy goes I feel like I need to drink because I just got pissed off by this and ranting, raving, or cursing doesn't seem to do any good if DE isn't even listening. I Get they have lives as do I, But they should have some kind of tech support or atleast revert what ever change they've made after this patch that seems to have ruined this event.

Here's hoping they extend the event.

Edited by Wildcardgsx

Me to, and there's more:

The door won't open, the console doesn't work, Corpus wheel things are stationary, there's no mining deposits, and there's no fissures.Trying to leave Orb Vallis the gate door wont open either unless I leave immediately.

I tried clicking the event in the map, got a squad, start heading there in our ships and then poof, screen flickers, squad vanishes and Im at the gate. Dropping in from space, same thing, going in via Fortunas gate same thing only in the elevator.