Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to Join group in Orb Vallis [Investigating]

thekevinater

After recently completing the Buried Debts story (multiple times) I have attempted to return to sealing Thermia Fractures to gain further credit towards receiving the rewards for sealing a certain number of fractures (my next milestone will be 50 fractures sealed) and collecting the rewards.

Upon attempting to enter Orb Vallis from the orbiter (using the Thermia Fractures mission from the events dropdown) I am unable to join groups entering the region for the same purpose, and briefly see messages of 'Player joining' but see no player materialize, or otherwise be, what I can only describe as 'diverted' from my game session to another Orb Vallis game session.

On top of this Exploiter Orb does not spawn, even though Thermia Fractures still spawn across the map - leaving me unable to participate in further fracture sealing events.

Is this a bug? Is this intended? If so, I have unwittingly locked myself out of receiving the rewards for the Thermia Fracture event from the 50 sealed milestone and up - which is upsetting as I was hoping to at least unlock the second set of Amalgam mods.

EDIT: A work around for this issue is to enter Orb Vallis directly from Fortuna, without interacting with the events dropdown from the star chart/navigation. Orb Vallis and the event work normally for myself when I have tried this method.

Edited by Mohiten
Workaround found.
  • Like 1

I'm having the same issue with orb vallis normal missions/ POE let me group with people also I tried switching regions to South America and it let me group up with two randoms in orb vallis for around 10+ minutes but I lost connection to host afterwards but its something at least. (also tried Europe and can't group up with any one in that region as well)

I am having this same issue. I was able to join one group about 2 hours ago, but since then I keep getting placed into my own instance. Everytime someone joins my group they show up and then immediately get removed.

For PC at least, if you are in a squad going into Orb, you're fine and other people can join you. I saw a post stating XBox was having a similar problem though I don't know if it's related. Basically if you have a friend or clanmate looking to run the event options, you may be able to proceed. I guess if you don't, time to be social? 🙂

Exactly this issue since this morning (CET time), Gift of Lotus missions are working fine (stable squad matchmaking), whereas squads in Vallis can't be made, I receive notifications of people joining but could never see them. Also, Exploiter Orb is missing, so it's impossible to run Thermia fractures runs ... this is frustrating as the early morning in the week-end is the only time I could play extensively, so I hope DE will extend the event to one more week-end.