Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 5-6 Target Tracking Test?

Flackenstien

Question

After several rage inducing weeks, I still can't beat it..
Is it supposed to be that tough?
I want the Flux. :<

I've tried using Vasto/Akvasto, and Sobek, (for the spread+clip), but I can't seem to beat it.

Any idea what I should do?

NOTE: I am a console gamer at my core, so my mouse-based accuracy & reflexes are about 30% of my maximum.

Edited by Flackenstien

21 answers to this question

a Braton is fine, or vasto with high reload speed for minimum downtime.

I'd recommend what Aurghmeister said and adjust your sensitivity until comfortable.

If you're at all interested here's an experienced pc gamer talking about improving his aim

Edited by AXCrusnik

To adjust my aim I'd have to fail the mission several more times until I get the sensitivity down, bleh.

I wish It was just 2 rounds. :\

You could practice aiming outside of the test until you feel you're ready... You have a whole day or something in between fails to practice.

Another option would be to drop ~$40 on a wired Xbox controller if you think you can do better with that (I think playstation controllers work too, but require 3rd party programs).

Edited by AXCrusnik

I beat it last night on my second try using a Braton with Magazine Warp and Fast Hands (the other mods don't really matter). I actually had to reload in the middle of the third round, so I thought I was screwed, but with the extra reload speed it finished JUST in time for me to hit the next target. If you can get the reload speed down with mods, don't be afraid to spray and pray a little to ensure that you actually hit the targets. That aside, just make sure you hit all the targets in rounds 1 and 2 where it's not too hard. Going into round 3 with a miss or two already accrued is almost a sure failure.

The Vasto is a poor choice for this. You want automatic weapon with reasonable accuracy/fire rate, and possibly some mods for reload speed/magazine size. I can't recall if I used the Braton or MK-1 Braton, but either one is likely acceptable. Truth to be told, I didn't find it particularly difficult, but it did play to my strengths. Nonetheless though, I'd suggest switching to a more fitting weapon.

I'm not sure if the target tracking test has been changed since I last did it (I know they added new tests recently), but some of what you guys are saying have me scratching my head. You shouldn't need a fully automatic weapon with reload and magazine size mods. You just need something that is accurate. A Latron would work or a Braton or a Soma, all without reloading during a round. Heck, you could do all three rounds without reloading even once during the test (the Latron might be stretching it, not sure exactly how many targets there are in total).

You don't have to hit every target that the beam passes through. You only have to hit the white glowing targets. The beam is only there to guide you to the next target. When the beam stops moving, that's the target you fire at. You only have to hit the target once. That's why a weapon like the Braton or Soma can easily do the entire test without ever reloading; there's no where close to 45 targets (the Braton's default mag size) in total.

Of course, I haven't taken the test in a long time (mastery rank 12 atm), so if it's changed since I last did it then forget everything I just said :P

Edited by darkkterror

I just can't track that many targets for such a long time, especially for the third round.
It's just too much for me, a console player, to be able to follow that many targets. (Simply using a controller won't cut it, the controls feel very slugish that way.)

So much for getting Flux, Ichor, and Synapse. :(

Maybe try going for more headshots in missions to get your skill up, especially when doing missions you are overpowered for as they give you a bit more leeway if you miss a few times and can often be one shot kills too helping to know when your shot is right or off.

Did it with boltor first try a few days ago, although I think Braton could do it better. remember you don't have to hit it with your first shot but just hit it. With a good magazine (including magazine warp and wildfire to extend magazine and fast hands if you need it), it's not dificult. (I did it only with wildfire).

Don't use aiming button, it will make you lose time, just aim and shoot while aiming.

Third round seemed like lasting forever and had to reload, looked just like if was twice the length of the second round.

Edited by Kachocalvo

The best advice I ever got for this Mastery lvl mission... Use a Braton or MK1

Also, reloading shouldn't be a problem, you don't have to actually target or shoot the orange orbs between white orbs. You only shoot the white orbs once the movement has stopped.

Edited by JukeBoxx831

I actually first tried to do this test with my Dera, due to the perfect accuracy, but I forgot about travel time, so I failed. Then I used my Latron Prime, and beat it. It's the first Mastery Rank test that I ever had trouble on, so don't worry if you're having problems, just use something accurate, with a good clip size and fast reload. Properly modded, the Soma would work fairly well for this, but I personally recommend the Latron/Latron Prime.