Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derelict Keys Vs Boss Grinding

Tangerine

I just want to put up this comparison between grinding for keys to vs Golem for Necro parts, and the original method of grinding bosses over and over again, since there's alot of complains concerning Derelict farming.

Yesterday was the first time I logged into Update 10. Whilst farming for mats for Soma and my second Vasto (to build Dual Vasto), I managed to discover about 16 Nav Co-ords. In addition to that, I was invited to 1 Derelict Survival Mission and 1 Derelict Assassination mission from my clanmates, obtaining a Nekro System from the latter. In addition to having built my Soma and Vasto from their respective material missions, I now have enough keys from those mission co-ord drops to craft 4 Derelict mission keys, and those derelict missions should give me ~2 Golem nav co-ords each. That's two more runs of Golem, with a guaranteed drop of a Nekro part with equal rates.

This is within less than 2 days, and I didn't even play all day. Statistically, I should have all the parts of Nekro if I do those two missions, and if not, than a couple more.

When Nova was released, I was grinding Raptor for 4 days. Four days. And that was one mission, over and over and over again versus grinding for Nekro, where I was able to do a multitude of missions at my behest whilst contributing to other things I wanted to obtain. I know some people have complained about grinding bosses for weeks on end without getting that ONE part.

For those who are complaining about Derelict Keys just by reading about them, I very, very much suggest you try them first before you complain. Because while Update 10 has it's flaws and such, I genuinely believe this is not one of them. Please try it first.

Who says you won't get the same Nekros part again?

Each part has a 33% chance. Statistically, three runs should suffice. Realistically, five runs. It won't take much to obtain two additional derelict assassination keys either. I can jump in Void and farm about for Dakka/Braton Prime and grab enough co-ords along the way. That's the beauty of this system, you're still grinding, only you're not grinding for just one thing. I can grind for something else and I'll still progress towards obtaining Nekro and even doing so is still much faster and less repetitive than the previous system of grinding one singular boss 30-50 times.

Edited by Tangerine

I certainly love how the new golem is set up, and how the reward for killing him is given to you at the end of the mission vs when he's dead. It'd be nice if more bosses was fun to fight like the golem, and the reward given to you at the end. My biggest issue with boss grinding, is if I do it online, I end up getting matched with a person who rushes, and in some cases the host also has terrible internet/computer, which makes catching up a chore sometimes. When this normally happens, the rushers run past all of the enemies, leave them behind for those stranglers, get to the boss, kill him, and then run to the exit, and by the time you actually get there everything but the mod is gone.

Right now with on and off playing since yesterday, I got two parts already.

1. Nav cord drops everywhere. You can play pretty much whatever you want and it will drop from 2-4 if you manage to loot all the things.

2. Golem nav cord is also 2-4 per derelict mission. If you're lucky, you need two missions to get enough nav cord for crafting Assassination key.

3. Golem gives guarantee drop and lots of new mods. 

The only thing that bug me is we're unable to craft more than 1 key of the same type at a time. I have to wait 9 hours to craft all three keys for assassination. 

Nekros probably be one of the fastest frame any player can farm at this point. Most entertaining way to get too.

4 runs on J2000 Golem and I got all the parts. Suprisingly the grind is actually lesser than farming other frames in the game. I had more problems farming Nova when she came out. People are just scared of trying out the new content and hating it before they actually even tried doing it.

Isn't it guaranteed 3 runs to get all the parts?

Me and my friends got all the Nekros parts in 3 runs.

No, the 33% for each part seems to right though.  It took my group 5 runs.

I also think they could eliminate some frustration by bring in similar systems for other bosses as well as rewarding all BP's at the end of the mission rather than having to track it down.

Actually, the J-2000 Golem Assassination mission is actually very sustainable (i.e. can be repeated very easily). Because it's a Derelict Mission, only Golem Nav Coordinates will drop in the mission. In general, all (Golem) Nav Coordinates are found in lockers and containers, so Master Thief and Thief's Wit are invaluable. Going back to the Assassination mission, with those two mods and some exploration, you can almost always guarantee that you'll get at least 3 Golem Nav Coordinates (usually 5 or more, from what I hear).

Basically, the "farming" works this way:

1) Get a good/trustworthy team (3-4 people is best), with one or two people carrying Master Thief and/or Thief's Wit

2) Find 5-10 Nav Coordinates from regular missions

3) Make Derelict Mission keys

4) Do 2-3 Orokin Derelict Missions (Get at least 5 Golem Nav Coordinates)

5) Make the Assassination Mission keys

6) Explore the Assassination Mission to get more Golem Nav Coordinates and defeat J-2000 Golem

7) Repeat Steps 5-6 infinitely.

Note that the team must share keys for this to work out properly.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

I like the new system and not having to chace down purple orbs if the boss explodes. Far as crafting the keys goes its not that rough I have hundreds of thoughsands of the required materials it barely dents my stock to craft them(thank god I can get rid of some nano spores).

Golem is a blast to Solo as well, I hope all the bosses get reworked at some point to give the blueprint at the end of the mission as well as different mechanics of varying degree, having blueprints given at the end for other bosses would help keep who ever is the host from bailing after the boss dies and not getting the blue print they want.

I just want to put up this comparison between grinding for keys to vs Golem for Necro parts, and the original method of grinding bosses over and over again, since there's alot of complains concerning Derelict farming.

Yesterday was the first time I logged into Update 10. Whilst farming for mats for Soma and my second Vasto (to build Dual Vasto), I managed to discover about 16 Nav Co-ords. In addition to that, I was invited to 1 Derelict Survival Mission and 1 Derelict Assassination mission from my clanmates, obtaining a Nekro System from the latter. In addition to having built my Soma and Vasto from their respective material missions, I now have enough keys from those mission co-ord drops to craft 4 Derelict mission keys, and those derelict missions should give me ~2 Golem nav co-ords each. That's two more runs of Golem, with a guaranteed drop of a Nekro part with equal rates.

This is within less than 2 days, and I didn't even play all day. Statistically, I should have all the parts of Nekro if I do those two missions, and if not, than a couple more.

When Nova was released, I was grinding Raptor for 4 days. Four days. And that was one mission, over and over and over again versus grinding for Nekro, where I was able to do a multitude of missions at my behest whilst contributing to other things I wanted to obtain. I know some people have complained about grinding bosses for weeks on end without getting that ONE part.

For those who are complaining about Derelict Keys just by reading about them, I very, very much suggest you try them first before you complain. Because while Update 10 has it's flaws and such, I genuinely believe this is not one of them. Please try it first.

Exactly.

Well said, OP.

I hate to rain on the parade here, but has the new farming system reduced the lifespan of the new Golem missions?

If we had a token system for the other bosses, that would probably fix the issues of RNG drop. 

With the new Golem though, there will need to be huge incentives to bring people back to fight him repeatedly since the grind to get there is boring at best.

And no one would want to go back there once they have Necros in 2 days worth of play.

Imo, this exposes another issue about the game, fun for fun's sake vs grinding for fun's sake.

Edited by Destro6677

At first I was soooo &!$$ed about this system... Then I ran the Golem for the first time and learned that BoneDaddy's bp is a 100% drop that you can't miss... Although it still took me 8 runs to get all 3 parts

Edit: also the fact that you can get Golem Navs from Golem's mission as well really shortens the grind... Although 3 hour wait time for a key is annoying

Edited by WhisperByte

No, the 33% for each part seems to right though.  It took my group 5 runs.

I also think they could eliminate some frustration by bring in similar systems for other bosses as well as rewarding all BP's at the end of the mission rather than having to track it down.

9 for me.  That being said, I still love the fight and take every chance I can to get into a j2k run.

I disagree.  While I think the bps should be easier to get (maybe 10-20% a piece), I do not think that 3 runs of whatever boss is appropriate.  It only works for this boss because of the prerequisite work associated with getting to j2k.

I hate to rain on the parade here, but has the new farming system reduced the lifespan of the new Golem missions?

If we had a token system for the other bosses, that would probably fix the issues of RNG drop. 

With the new Golem though, there will need to be huge incentives to bring people back to fight him repeatedly since the grind to get there is boring at best.

And no one would want to go back there once they have Necros in 2 days worth of play.

Imo, this exposes another issue about the game, fun for fun's sake vs grinding for fun's sake.

This is something I agree with. For a boss so impressive and fun, it needs more drops than just one frame. Weapons etc.

Honestly, now that my inital Mad is gone, I think there's only four big problems with the Derelict system

1. DE kept it a total secret

2. The 1 hour crafting time is completly unnecessary.

3. The one use keys don't make a lot of Lore sense.

4. Mutagen Samples can now only be found on the derelicts. Wtf!?

Edited by OblivionNecroninja

1 hour or 1 plat... The void event keys were 1 minute and free rush. THAT part I would like to see fixed. The rest? Love the tilesets and since getting the keys is so much easier than void keys (for me) then I can finally practise getting the treasure rooms and stuff without effing it all up.