[DE]Danielle

PS4 Buried Debts: Update 24.5.0 (Live!)

Posted (edited)

Yes I m looking forward to new stuff It will be so cool👍 new alien teach and ships it will be fun I will love a new missions and new aliens to take down it will be so cool😎

Edited by (PS4)broken-poison073
I mess up

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Melee Channeling will no longer be able to be rebound due to it completely breaking the Melee changes. We apologize for the discomfort this may cause for those who have built their controllers comfortably around a different binding. 

This will make me quit the game. I'm not saying this to be melodramatic and I'm sorry if I cant provide better, more constructive feedback, but I'm simply stating that if I can't remap this garbage mechanic that I never use then I, a 5 year veteran of the game, am done. This doesn't just discomfort me, it forces me to remap in a way that completely neuters my play style and makes me wholly ineffective or causes my hands physical stress. If you're going to go through with this at least make it so that i can remap a few logical actions to the swipe pad, like opening the consumables wheel which we were told was coming with Fortuna 2 in that pre-release thread.

EDIT: And before anyone asks me to play the changes before I give feedback, I play on PC too and I've all but already quit playing there completely because of this.

Edited by (PS4)appretice
  • Satisfied 1

So, two things spring to mind upon reading this:

1. Has the rather game breaking bug where, at the end of interception missions the frame rate splatters against the ground harder than a dead Zephyr, been fixed? And,

2. Will Tempo royale and other incursion rewards be moved to Bounties, or are they just being removed from the plains completely?

Other than that, this sounds absolutely awesome, and I cannot wait!!

2 hours ago, (PS4)appretice said:

This will make me quit the game. I'm not saying this to be melodramatic and I'm sorry if I cant provide better, more constructive feedback, but I'm simply stating that if I can't remap this garbage mechanic that I never use then I, a 5 year veteran of the game, am done. This doesn't just discomfort me, it forces me to remap in a way that completely neuters my play style and makes me wholly ineffective or causes my hands physical stress. If you're going to go through with this at least make it so that i can remap a few logical actions to the swipe pad, like opening the consumables wheel which we were told was coming with Fortuna 2 in that pre-release thread.

EDIT: And before anyone asks me to play the changes before I give feedback, I play on PC too and I've all but already quit playing there completely because of this.

What do you use R3 for?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

What do you use R3 for?

Well atm its for Power A, reason being is that some warframe's abilities require relative accuracy (and in the case of ivara the ability to both press and hold a button) and R3 gives you that by not forcing you to take your thumb away from the thumbstick. Its much more responsive there and I cant put it on the touch pad or the right face buttons (or the triggers now) because it would force me to pull my aiming thumb away. The alternative is now putting it on the left face which is already housing my consumables, transference, B, and D but the sacrifice is losing control over movement while I cast my A. I could add the ability menu button back in, but oh wait, you can only bind transference to any button that isnt the face buttons so the end result is that i now have to press two buttons, nither of which are on the thumbsticks, to do the same thing. If Sprint were just an always on thing like they stated they were looking into, then I would map Power A there but until then i cant lose my functionality to control my sprint.

This is why the ability menu needs to be recycled into a sub-menu that can be bound with ANY actions or hotkeys or at the very least open up what can be bound to the swipe pad so we can free up button real estate for actions that actually require a button.

And I mean seriously does perma-binding a mechanic (thats really only used to trigger one mod) to a button really make sense? Channeling should just be scrapped and life strike adapted to fit into the new melee system. I mean there was no issue with completely eradicating any use for mods that require you to block on command. 

Edited by (PS4)appretice
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)appretice said:

That's interesting. I never considered putting 1 on R3 like that. I barely use R3 unless it's with the Euphona or Zarr.

If it makes you feel any better, I believe making channeling perma-bound to R3 was a quick fix for a larger issue that may be addressed in later phases of the melee rework.

Well at least the channel toggle is still there even if I'm apparently the only one around here who uses it for combat. I can however already see the auto block becoming a hindrance if there is no way to turn it off.

Channeling, from what I’ve been told, is still hold press to keep channeling on. If it’s on R3 then if you have melee keybinded on the face buttons it’s really difficult to pull off. 

It’ll be difficult for me since I need to have melee on square button press and R1 to activate Warframe Powers.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Shadow_Wolf_667 said:

So, two things spring to mind upon reading this:

1. Has the rather game breaking bug where, at the end of interception missions the frame rate splatters against the ground harder than a dead Zephyr, been fixed? And,

2. Will Tempo royale and other incursion rewards be moved to Bounties, or are they just being removed from the plains completely?

Other than that, this sounds absolutely awesome, and I cannot wait!!

Hey hey...Leave Zephyr out of this. Lol. Bad enough she cant truly fly but Lady Rhino will be able to. Triggered!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)LuffyleBoss496 said:

still no release date for the update ?😕

It’s in sony’s Hands, and they don’t work over the weekend. May hear something tomorrow.

15 hours ago, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic said:

It’s in sony’s Hands, and they don’t work over the weekend. May hear something tomorrow.

Nah doubt it, the update will release either Thursday, Friday or early next week

1 minute ago, (PS4)ExCuTTioN said:

Nah doubt it, the update will release either Thursday, Friday or early next week

Just we MAY hear something today, not we definitely will.

• Upvote 1

Just now, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic said:

Just we MAY hear something today, not we definitely will.

I really hope we do.

I cant wait for this update, so excited.

I’m alright with it, but I’m a bit jittery with the new melee. But then again I don’t like change so that’s probably 60% of it lol.

Just now, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic said:

I’m alright with it, but I’m a bit jittery with the new melee. But then again I don’t like change so that’s probably 60% of it lol.

Im all up for it, i wont have to wait 5 seconds for the melee change animation just so i can do some combos, and the tatsu will let me channel my inner weeb lol

Le 16/03/2019 à 05:40, [DE]Danielle a dit :

Melee combo damage multiplier now affects Baruuk Desert Wind waves.

I love you, you read in my mind ❤️

Will this update include the Exploiter Orb battle?

If not, are we also going to have to scan the thingies on the Vallies and wait 2 weeks to fight the Orb?..