Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

K-Drive Launcher is bugged. Shows 0 instead of ∞

(NSW)NeonNebula

This happened to me 5 times today so far. I enter Orb Vallis, I open my gear menu and hover over to the K-Drive Launcher. It shows the infinity symbol  like it should. Ok, I press on it to activate it in order to use my k-drive, I hear the sound but no k-drive appears. I look around and nothing, it usually shows in the map as a blue circle but nothing is there. I open my gear menu again and instead of the  symbol I see a 0 and k-drive launcher is greyed out and can't be selected and I have to complete the bounty on foot because I don't have an Archwing launcher and to make one I need to go to PoE to collect resources and I don't like going there at all. Anyway like I said my only option is to do it on foot or go back to Fortuna and then back to Orb Vallis again and hope it works because sometimes it doesn't. I just quit a mission in the Orb twice but the issue still persists. If someone knows of a temporary solution I'd be grateful. Please fix this annoying bug. Thank you.

kdrive.jpg

Edit: after posting this I searched and saw another post that was posted two weeks ago reporting the same bug. I also asked on discord and it seems this bug happens quite often for Switch players. 

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula

Yes, same here. I completed the Fortuna quest line today and added the K-Drive Launcher to my gear wheel. When i go to Orb Vallis, I go to activate the K-drive but nothing happens. I went to Ventkids and I can see that there is a Daily Deal of the Roki(?) board to purchase for 54 platinum, but (from research) I was under the impression that the Bondi board was free and automatically deployed if no board was purchased? Please can you confirm this last point and acknowledge if this bug is known? btw. Thank you for a great game DE 😉 I've already brought the Frost, Esteem and Nintendo Switch Starter packs to support you.

-- UPDATE 20/3/19 --

Okay, this was a total Noob error! - So, if you go to the Ventkids vendor and go to 'Build your board' although all the components show as Empty you can select them from the drop-down menu. If I remember correctly, there are three or so options for each component (nose, main board, jets etc) but they all seem cosmetic. Then just confirm this page and the vendor will say "Good choice!" or something similar. Then, I went outside into Orb Vallis and moved away from the main entrance door and went into my Gear wheel (I had already put the launcher in here) and selected my K-Drive Launcher and Hey Presto! 🙂 let faceplants begin!!!

Edited by (NSW)matt800
UPDATE

On 2019-03-19 at 6:32 AM, (NSW)matt800 said:

Yes, same here. I completed the Fortuna quest line today and added the K-Drive Launcher to my gear wheel. When i go to Orb Vallis, I go to activate the K-drive but nothing happens. I went to Ventkids and I can see that there is a Daily Deal of the Roki(?) board to purchase for 54 platinum, but (from research) I was under the impression that the Bondi board was free and automatically deployed if no board was purchased? Please can you confirm this last point and acknowledge if this bug is known? btw. Thank you for a great game DE 😉 I've already brought the Frost, Esteem and Nintendo Switch Starter packs to support you.

-- UPDATE 20/3/19 --

Okay, this was a total Noob error! - So, if you go to the Ventkids vendor and go to 'Build your board' although all the components show as Empty you can select them from the drop-down menu. If I remember correctly, there are three or so options for each component (nose, main board, jets etc) but they all seem cosmetic. Then just confirm this page and the vendor will say "Good choice!" or something similar. Then, I went outside into Orb Vallis and moved away from the main entrance door and went into my Gear wheel (I had already put the launcher in here) and selected my K-Drive Launcher and Hey Presto! 🙂 let faceplants begin!!!

So the problem you faced wasn’t a bug, it was a misunderstanding on your part and has nothing to do with the actual bug I’m talking about in my initial post. Thanks for the update. 

I had this happen to me as well. Best as I could figure, there's a "Buffering" time when you enter the Vallis. You can watch it happen when the Ventkid icon to the left of Fortuna disappears for the Solaris United agent. During this time, any Bounties won't activate and, wouldn't you know it, deploying your K-Drive removes it from your inventory.

I'm not entirely sure how DE could fix this, considering it's a byproduct of loading a massive open world (though you'd think that was taken care of in the elevator ride)

Best thing I can tell you is wait until that Solaris United Agent icon appears, or for Eudico to speak to you. Haven't had a problem since.

Yeah this JUST happened to me too. It didn't matter how far from the entrance to Fortuna I got, I still couldn't use it as it still said 0. It's really frustrating considering that it should be infinite as you said. I was helping my friend out with the fractures and was in that game for probably 30 minutes continuously checking to see if I had my launchers back since I was having to go across the map on foot. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep you need to wait for everything to load once you're outside. You'll notice that the symbol for the k-drive race next to fortuna is always there, regardless of if it's actually today's active race. When that disappears, it's safe to launch k-drive. I agree. This glitch is completely ABSURD. If it was effecting fashion frame items you can bet they'd have fixed it by now ££££