Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any News On Cross Progression?

Lior55

They had said they wanted to, but because of issues with Sony for playstation and Microsoft for xbox1 (I think its Microsoft, I forget) the 2 companies don't want cross progression because it would mean you would spend less time playing on their individual systems and they would get less profit etc, this is especially the case with playstation and sony with their firm stance on NO.

Theres also the problem that consoles update after pc, so theres a build incompatibility that would get in the way too, it also costs money to update on consoles due to their respective console companies, more than on PC, or so I've heard at least, so they can't afford multiple updates and would rather do the multiple hotfix updates on pc, then give consoles one huge update that's all stable.

Idk completely though, that's just what I've heard.

• 1 month later...

Regarding profit;

I play on Xbox and PC. I wouldn't mind Switching permanently from Steam to Microsoft Store on PC if that means Microsoft gets profit from me and I get cross progression between two platforms so I can sometimes play with Steam friends and sometimes with Xbox friends.

There is also the plat problem. Sony and Microsoft take a cut of plat sales but with cross-platform you can buy on PC, spend on console and cut their share out which they won't allow. Tennogen has a similar issue. There are several items like Excal Prime which can't but used on consoles, though I don't know the reason for that but founders weren't allowed to transfer him along with Rivens and a few other items in the NSW migration.

There is also the problem that consoles are on a different build and to allow for cross-play DE would have to hold back PC releases and miss out on all of the QA us PC players do.

Il y a 11 heures, DarthChillash a dit :

From my perspective build versions are not the problem. They can sync the PC version with consoles and problem solved. I'm sure many PC players will not like it but my vote goes for sync.

But DE has already said several time they don't want to slow down PC release to sync up with console.

And honestly the system is the bets it can be. Console certification can take quite some time, so DE needs to be sure everything work as intended when they release on console. If it doesn't, console player will be be stuck with maybe major bug or gamebreaking issue for a good time until the hotfix get accepted by Sony and Microsoft. So, to make sure everything works fine, they release first on PC, where they can quickly fix things if needed. Basically, PC player enjoy faster release at the cost of more potential bug/problems.

Am 16.3.2019 um 21:30 schrieb birdobash:

Theres also the problem that consoles update after pc, so theres a build incompatibility that would get in the way too, it also costs money to update on consoles due to their respective console companies, more than on PC, or so I've heard at least, so they can't afford multiple updates and would rather do the multiple hotfix updates on pc, then give consoles one huge update that's all stable.

Theres an easy solution to that, make it like the PC to switch migration had, make the content that comes with the next update invisible till its released.