Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Tips for Beating the Exploiter Orb

AndouRaiton

Question

So, i've done the exploiter orb fight a few times, so i decided to list some of the things that can help you beat it faster.

1. I recommend using a frame with damage reduction (warding halo, splinter storm, etc), damage immunity (iron skin, etc.) or damage avoidance (turbulance) or can heal and get rid of status effects as the Orb herself can deal lots of damage and there will be lots of status effects coming from it's and the other spiders attacks. DO NOT use CC frames or Invisibility frames as coolant raknoids and the orb are immune to CC and the Orb can still target and attack you when you are invisible.

2. As for weapons choose 1 with lots of attack and decent range; you'll use this for attacking the Orb and coolant raknoids, then choose another with lots of area coverage to deal with the small raknoids in the first phase. I wouldn't really recommend bringing a melee unless it is a gun-blade due to how far away the Coolant spiders spawn in phase 2. Specific weapons don't really matter as there is no time gate on this fight but obviously if you want to kill it quicker use the same META weapons as the eidolons as the Orb and Coolant spiders are weak to radiation and cold damage. Further, you cannot proc status affects on the orb so you will rely on crit.

3. During the second phase (outside) wait for the Orb to summon fissures then kill any coolant spider you see can seal the fractures BUT DON'T throw the canisters. Find a spot where neither you or the Orb will attack and drop the canisters there (by switching to primary). Stack about 5~7 canisters and wait for the Orb to create more fissures (as this cools her), kill any Coolant spiders and then bombard her with the canisters.

4. Remember to check behind the ridge every now and then as coolant spiders can spawn there and this area spawns the most Coolant spiders at a time (upwards of 4). And the Orb will move closer to the ridge as she gets low on health, meaning she will get cooled often.

5(Optional). Have your archwing deployer as the first item on your gear wheel or have a keybind for it so you can go into archwing quickly. This will help close the distance between you and coolant spiders when they spawn as well as help with the final part of the first stage when the Orb is at the top of the building.

That's all for now. Hope this helps.

Is there specific status ailments u get hit with or random?  Guess if I dont see a primtime stream of exploiter fight I will look it up on youtube.   It was semi helpful to see the profit-taker fight before hand so I atleast knew what to TRY to do.   

Is exploiter alot easier than Profit ??   I hate profit taker fight.  waaaaaay to hard.

From my experience it's mostly just a gauge fight.

Which makes it a time fight and long as you're playing something durable you can't actually fail.

Throwing Thermia constantly or all at once doesn't seem like it would make a difference in the total time of the fight. Might actually be slower as you need her to hit 50% to increase the heat gauge multiplier by making Thermia. You're mostly just spamming throws at her. Killing Raknoids helps but you don't even need to other than to get more Thermia as she eventually just hits a point where she will overheat regardless of the Raknoids helping to cool her off.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Is there specific status ailments u get hit with or random?

Slash from the small raknoids

Cold and heat from the Orb

Blast from orbital bombardment

Punture and Impact form the coolant spiders.

It's mostly the first 2 you need to worry about though.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Is exploiter alot easier than Profit ??

Yes it is much easier. It arguably just takes longer due to her gauge though.

29 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Throwing Thermia constantly or all at once doesn't seem like it would make a difference in the total time of the fight. Might actually be slower as you need her to hit 50% to increase the heat gauge multiplier by making Thermia. You're mostly just spamming throws at her. Killing Raknoids helps but you don't even need to other than to get more Thermia as she eventually just hits a point where she will overheat regardless of the Raknoids helping to cool her off.

13 minutes ago, FollowTheFaceless said:

Termia canisters permanently rises Orb's overheat speed, so don't count them, just throw a lot until it starts to overheat so fast that even coolant spiders can't help it.

That's interesting. Whenever i saved a large pile and chucked it at once it went quicker than if i just threw every one i came across. Who knows, maybe it's just user bias. But thanks for the replies.

I only did it twice solo. I do have a two person method.

Two person requires one tank, and one rapid warframe. In the first phase, tank handles the spiders with their weapons of choice, usually an abnormally large melee and spin to win. While the speedster delivers the thermia.

And second phase has the speedster up in archwing, sniping all raknoids and way pointing the coolant. While the tank does the ground operations.

I think that this boss could be taken out faster using frames that can speed around and tank optionally: Valkyr with her hook and hysteria. Nezha, Zephyr, maybe Hydroid if played right, Revenant Rhino.. A range, shield, health and safeguard decoy Loki.. All because the most time consuming part of the battle is actually getting and delivering the capsules.

I've been solo'ing it with Revenant with Mesmer Skin that is impervious to all damage except Coolant Raknoid attacks and Exploiter Orb explosion (explosion will reduce your HP to 2 but you won't die if Mesmer Skin is active... same behavior as Void's Death Rays). Coolant Raknoid attacks bypass Mesmer Skin and hit hard. They are mainly the only and biggest threat to Revenant overall (which is actually not a very big threat), with Exploiter's cannon being a serious Mesmer Skin drain in Phase 1.

My recommendation for Revenant is to bring Energy Siphon (for Mesmer Skin in Phase 1), Squad Life Restore (just in case) and Squad Energy Restore (just in case, for Phase 1) and bring Corrosive weapon damage (I tried radiation and it did less than half corrosive's damage to Exploiter and made no noticeable difference for killing Coolant Raknoids). I used Opticor Vandal for my 3 solo fights and was hitting Exploiter for ~14000 corrosive and ~6000 with radiation, but probably Rubico Prime or another sniper weapon would be a lot better (I don't care since I like using my new weapon).

Phase 1: Always keep moving as Exploiter's cannon is pinpoint accurate and you only have around 10 Mesmer Skin charges (6 default, but mods can increase this). You can tank (take 0 damage total) some Exploiter cannon shots to throw the Thermia at her vents, but don't stand around for too long and you will likely need to recast Mesmer Skin afterward (Energy Siphon)! You can Enthrall the green spiders to distract Exploiter (still need to experiment more). You can also use Danse Macabre for a split second to clean the floor of dozens up dozens of green spiders. But you really should be saving energy to recast Mesmer Skin when you have around 2-3 charges left. Coolant Raknoid attacks can bypass Mesmer Skin. Kill them as soon as you see them!

Phase 2: Exploiter is not really able to hit you anymore and your Mesmer Skin will seldom ever need to be recast unless you get hit by Exploiter's flame attack. Coolant Raknoid attacks bypass Mesmer Skin. Make sure you kill these as soon as you see them! Mesmer Skin will protect you from Exploiter's death explosion, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't take the explosion seriously and run away! You will be reduced to 2 HP if you are caught in the explosion with Mesmer Skin active (consistent with standing in Void Death Rays with Mesmer Skin active).

9 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

and the Orb can still target and attack you when you are invisible.

I've done this solo with Loki several times. He does not target me.  The only time I need to be careful is when the invisibility ends and I need to recast it. I need to be hiding or far away (outside the range of his flamethrower in phase 2), he only auto-targets you during that one second while recasting if you're close enough within its short line-of-sight.

10 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

3. During the second phase (outside) wait for the Orb to summon fissures then kill any coolant spider you see can seal the fractures BUT DON'T throw the canisters. Find a spot where neither you or the Orb will attack and drop the canisters there (by switching to primary). Stack about 5~7 canisters and wait for the Orb to create more fissures (as this cools her), kill any Coolant spiders and then bombard her with the canisters.

This is where I had problems with The Fight....

I beat it just fine the first time and and the 2nd and 3rd I gave up just because the game spawns way too many spiders and if you let this fight drag on she will move torwards the hill.... this is a Blind spot and any spiders coming from behind this Hill are going to reach her long before you even see them...

Anyway on my 4th attempt I went with a group.... Got Disconnected... couldn't rejoin.

And on my 5th Attempt I did what you described up there except I didn't stack 5-7 Cannisters... I stacked 30 of them and It took 11 Cannisters to get her to heat up...

4. Remember to check behind the ridge every now and then as coolant spiders can spawn there and this area spawns the most Coolant spiders at a time (upwards of 4). And the Orb will move closer to the ridge as she gets low on health, meaning she will get cooled often

Hands down the Biggest problem of this fight... 😞

5(Optional). Have your archwing deployer as the first item on your gear wheel or have a keybind for it so you can go into archwing quickly. This will help close the distance between you and coolant spiders when they spawn as well as help with the final part of the first stage when the Orb is at the top of the building

This is probably a good general purpose solution.... however if you are a seasoned eidolon hunter and racked enough focus to unlock Zenurik's Void Flow and Naramon's Mind Sprint waybound Passives.... you can Void dash back and forth all over this terrain very quickly.

That's all for now. Hope this helps

It does... it really does... thank you so much.

The issue that I have with The is fight is it has extremely horrible instructions and god awful Feedback. The game tells you what your goal is... Heat Up the Spider... cool.... saves me the trouble of googling the what to do...

However when the fissures start popping up Eudico's all like "Watch out... shes fracturing the terrain" and im like "yeah and ?" And then im stuck there left to wonder if this is a good thing or a bad thing... and no clue what to do it about it... them Zuud starts yelling "MORE THERMIA" !!! and then im like "Yeah... and ?" And Zuud says nothing....

As for The feedback... it all comes down to the The Thermometer Icon on the top left of the Hud not giving me a proper indication of if what im doing is actually working...

Shoot the spiders.... it barely moves.... throw the cannisters it barely moves.... then out of the blue it Plummets all the way back down to Zero.... and I have no clue what im doing wrong or if I was ever doing anything right. If throwing the cannisters is what makes her eat up then That meter she move immediately as soon as the cannister makes contact.... that way il know... "Oh thats what im suppose to do" the way it works now is I throw two or three cannisters and fills up so slowly then drops back down and I don't know why....

9 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Is exploiter alot easier than Profit ??   I hate profit taker fight.  waaaaaay to hard

After my first try I thought it was easy....

However after failing at it twice afterwards I would say both Profit taker and Exploiter are just aggravating for completely different reasons... they both have problems and since Nothing has been done about The Eidolons and Profit Takers issues.... looks like The Exploiter is going to stay the way it is in its current state....

Im not doing this event anymore im going to grind more focus....

42 minutes ago, MystMan said:

I've done this solo with Loki several times. He does not target me.  The only time I need to be careful is when the invisibility ends and I need to recast it. I need to be hiding or far away (outside the range of his flamethrower in phase 2), he only auto-targets you during that one second while recasting if you're close enough within its short line-of-sight.

Nani ? 😲

I use octavia. Sometimes i manage to destroy all three cooler thingy at the same time using her 1 + 4 without trowing any canister at it (i’m not entirely sure if thats a bug though)

If done correctly her 3 can make it so that she will never shoot at you.

her 1 + 4 can also sometimes kills the spiders with the coolant

ps: does everyone else think that DE was designing deck 12 so that we can arcwhing out from that ceiling to chase after the orb?

Edited by novalery

i don't think the Exploiter deals much Damage at all. just some general Survivability Mods and having a capability to Heal yourself so you don't die to chip Damage will suffice.
picking one of the many, many, many options that there are for resisting or being immune to Status Effects is definitely helpful, though.

the only Weapon suggestions i'd give are something with good Base Damage (for Phase 1 where you're fighting Object Health and therefore most Mods don't work), and also featuring Crits for Phase 2 to speed it up a little bit. the amount of Damage you're trying to hit aren't really that high though, so even without good choices as long as they don't have Range issues you'll be just fine.
having a Melee Weapon should always be considered critically important. Melee Weapons dramatically increase your Mobility, and Mobility is an important thing in this game.

waiting to throw Canisters for an opportune point of time is a good idea though, yes. mostly that the ground humping lowers the Heat bar so it can sometimes be beneficial to put off using Canisters immediately, depending on how lucky you might get with being able to push the heat over the threshold before you get trolled by a Coolant Raknoid shooting out of a crevice or some other place that you looked a second ago and was just too busy deleting a few others for the next few seconds.

uhhh, i wouldn't bother switching to Archwing for this fight because the amount of time it takes to use it is just too slow to keep up with how easy it is to suddenly need to try and Damage Control on a Coolant Raknoid being too close for comfort.
Void Dash and the general Bullet Jump+ Double Jump+ Roll/Air Roll+ Air Melee+ Aim Glide (in no particular order, perform them in the order that gets you to where you want to be) are more preferred, because they're much faster to transition.

i play the Exploiter with Saryn. why? because i play like 70-80% of my Missions with Saryn.
2/4 Abilities are useful which isn't too bad. most of them it's 0-1/4.

29 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

After my first try I thought it was easy....

well, it is easy. there aren't any Mechanics that are actually hard to do. it's mostly just RNG. Skill has.... only a minor effect on the engagement. i call it a Cinematic Boss with reason.

Edited by taiiat

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

I don't think the Exploiter deals much Damage at all. just some general Survivability Mods and having a capability to Heal yourself so you don't die to chip Damage will suffice.

If you need to heal yourself especially if you choose Chroma, Gara or Umbra with max rank mods then yeah... I would say it deals alot of damage... mind you i have two Max Rank Magus Nourish Arcanes and I was still rail roaded into using Health Restores. 

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

well, it is easy. there aren't any Mechanics that are actually hard to do. it's mostly just RNG. Skill has.... only a minor effect on the engagement. i call it a Cinematic Boss with reason.

I really wish DE would stop incorporating that directly into these fights.... the Profit Taker's Shields is perfect example of why this was so Annoying. 

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

If you need to heal yourself especially if you choose Chroma, Gara or Umbra with max rank mods then yeah... I would say it deals alot of damage... mind you i have two Max Rank Magus Nourish Arcanes and I was still rail roaded into using Health Restores. 

I really wish DE would stop incorporating that directly into these fights.... the Profit Taker's Shields is perfect example of why this was so Annoying. 

you always need a way to recover EHP. because everybody takes Damage sometime. as my Post noted, i play the Exploiter with Saryn. Regenerative Molt is my source of Healing.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

granted, i do have Aegis Equipped on almost everything, so Chip Damage basically doesn't exist for me.

Profit Takers' Shields can be controlled super well in a coordinated Squad. working together to cover the Damage spectrum. the Damage Types part of Profit Taker works really well in that regard. the Skill Floor is pretty low, the Skill Ceiling is pretty high.

Edited by taiiat

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

You are right, the cannon in Phase 1 does a lot of damage. I don't care what anyone says... even the Warframe wiki tells you that Exploiter's cannon will destroy you if you take hits. That's why I used Revenant... but you have to refresh Mesmer Skin every time you toss a thermia canister in Phase 1 because it eats 4-5 charges just to tank those 100% accurate hits while you toss with the glitchy alt-fire. But you take 0 damage and you are immune to all status effects so long as you pay close attention to the charges... Phase 2 is cake even if you deliberately stand in Exploiter's flame stream attack or stand next to the Orb's death explosion with Mesmer Skin active.

8 hours ago, MystMan said:

I've done this solo with Loki several times. He does not target me.

I've been targeted in Ivara's prowl and Iztal's Invisibility by the Orb's cannon, even after casting. So either i'm experiencing a bug or there is some bias against no set duration invisibility.

7 hours ago, novalery said:

does everyone else think that DE was designing deck 12 so that we can arcwhing out from that ceiling to chase after the orb?

First time i did this fight i tried that and it didn't work; skybox just pushed me down before i could leave the hole.

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

you can Void dash back and forth all over this terrain very quickly

I don't have the focus nodes unlocked, let alone maxed, yet so i resort to Archwing. And so will a majority of players (atleast those i've encountered).

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

you always need a way to recover EHP. because everybody takes Damage sometime. as my Post noted, i play the Exploiter with Saryn. Regenerative Molt is my source of Healing.

Curious, do the Raknoid respond to Molt? I've noticed a few enemies that don't respond to Mirage's clones.

2 hours ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

Why don't more people just grab the Furis with Winds of purity? Just heal up while killing?

1. Not everyone has the augment or wants to spend plat on it.

2. It doesn't do enough damage for some people (myself included) unless you have a riven.

3. It restricts the weapons you can bring

4. Some people just dislike the weapon.

5. Wastes a lot of ammo due to it being an automatic weapon with high fire rate, meaning a form of ammo conversion is needed in higher level missions.

Those are the reasons i can list off the top of my head.

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Curious, do the Raknoid respond to Molt? I've noticed a few enemies that don't respond to Mirage's clones.

uhhhh
i've been tunnel visioning on shooting them and preventing them from resetting my progress, haven't been looking at Molt. yno, i don't usually look at it since it's not an Enemy, hehe.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i can specifically pay attention now, though.

24 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

5. Wastes a lot of ammo due to it being an automatic weapon with high fire rate, meaning a form of ammo conversion is needed in higher level missions.

that's a silly reason. when the Enemy(ies) you're shooting at die, you don't waste Ammo if you.... stop shooting. shooting at walls is pretty expensive sure, but since the walls don't have Health Bars and don't fall over eventually, usually it should be fairly distinct when the thing in front of you is dead.

and similarly, whether you'll have enough Ammunition entirely depends on your Damage / how many Enemies are dying.

Edited by taiiat

I just use a frame that can take hits. Or Use Valkyr with Hysteria, or any frame with Operator mode.

Phase 1

Activate Controls

Hide from Exploiter

Shoot out footholds

Go Invisible Operator mode

Shoot at Vents til they're all near death

Break one to send her scurrying to otherside

Get Thermia as Operator

Invis, throw thermia at vent, shoot in air for splatter.

Repeat more vents

Kill her raknoids

Get last vent same way

Take a thermia cannister for the road

Go outside for phase 2

Phase 2:

Let Raknoids get close, but kill them before they use coolant. If you kill them too far away, you have to run there to get the coolant.

Exploiter smashes ground for Thermia fractures.

Plug them with Coolant, Make thermia cans.

It's up to you if you want to stockpile the Thermia cans, or use them right away.

Throw Thermia at Exploiter, shoot them in the air to cause splatter on her.

Shoot any nearby Raknoids before they spit coolant.

Exploiter overheats, Run up and melee to start QTE.

Damage her with guns, then repeat same process as before with Thermia.

Exploiter is the dead.

If you have Itzal Archwing, now is the time to use it's Cosmic Crush ability to grab all loot.

Get Loot, and GTFO before Self-Destruct kills you.

The End.

9 hours ago, taiiat said:

you always need a way to recover EHP.

No you don't... 

9 hours ago, taiiat said:

because everybody takes Damage sometime.

While this is true... you would normally complete the Mission before you die....

In any case I did the Fight gain last night... still having the same issue with the cannisters not doing anything.... atleast I got Hildren Chassis.... now I just need the Neuroptics.

11 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Invis, throw thermia at vent, shoot in air for splatter.

Why does the game say "Shoot the Cannister" after throwing it ? 

13 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Exploiter overheats, Run up and melee to start QTE.

Really ? I just Bullet Jump on top of her.... I guess either way works.

45 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Cannister explodes when you shoot it, showering Thermia.

It also explodes when it comes into contact with the Orb after throwing it.... so why do we need to shoot it ?

48 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

It's a common thing in other TPS, like Uncharted Series for example.

Throwing a fuel tank, and shooting it for big explosions.

Yes... and the effect is immediate. In the Orb I genuinely don't know if its working or not.

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

No you don't... 
While this is true... you would normally complete the Mission before you die....

Why does the game say "Shoot the Cannister" after throwing it ? 

Capture and Exterminate Missions are not how Players rate their Equipment in the game. 

air bursting the Canisters seems fairly consistently faster than hitting directly in Phase 1 (less Canisters needed). in Phase 2 it doesn't appear to do anything though.